1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Ghost" Stories!?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by myheartincheck, Feb 25, 2013.

1. FemCasanova

I do. Not because I want to, but because I have had a little too many experiences with it now to disregard it. Not necessarily movie ghost types, but something sure seems to be out there. I lived in this creepy old house once, in the basement, and most of the time, everything felt fine. Then at random times (I hadn`t been watching horror movies, nor was I under a lot of stress) during the night I would be in the hallway, or wake up in my bed, and feel like someone was staring at me. It would always freak me out a bit. Especially when it happened in the narrow dark hallway, and I`d feel like my room-mate was standing on the other end, just to turn around and see no one there. I never showered at nighttime, that was my golden rule. Oh, and sometimes I could swear I heard a child cry and play with some kind of old music box in the water tank room. I haven`t heard a lot of those, but it was similar to one I have heard that my grandfather had.

Whatever was there, it managed to chase me out within 6 months. Then I couldn`t handle living there anymore. And in a new apartment, I didn`t feel anything like it again.
    While I was living there I managed to keep it out of my room, by burning a lot of incense and sprinkling salt on my door step. I did a few New Age routines, and at least I got to sleep without feeling something in my room. Didn`t dare doing it elsewhere there though, because I was worried it would get angry, lol. So, I thought we`d compromise. It could cry in the water tank room as much as it wanted, as long as I got to sleep without something staring at me.

The old farm where my family used to live when I was little had something too, but that was a lot less intense, and kept to the attic. I`d feel it sometimes, but that was rare, and if anything, I am picturing a tired old guy, not wanting any trouble, just keeping to himself, lol. Completely different from that thing in the other house.

2. BoiGeorge

BoiGeorge Guest

I believe in them because I've felt and heard them. I lived in a caravan for a year and one morning, I heard the sliding door slide open but the door didnt move! It was just the sound of it opening. It was creepy! I could hear it opening but it didnt budge!

Another time, we lived in a creepy house that a schizophrenic, alcoholic, drug addicted psychopath lived in and died in. He drove us out within 6 months!! That house was terrifying! The dead psychopath didnt want us in his house! I have never been so scared before in my life!!

#22 BoiGeorge, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2013
  3. MatthewJS

I do! Since I was small. I still remember a few I remember seeing. 1 of them is when I was washing MT hands and once I looked up at the mirror, I saw a dark figure in one of the stalls and when I stepped back, a whiteish figure was just sitting under the sink with ITS legs towards its chest.

One other one I remember is I was eating cereal while watching cartoons and I decided to look to my left and saw a black head with an orange shirt then I looked away then I quickly checked again and HE was gone. I will never forget those three sightings about these trapped spirits trapped in the world.

4. Xochipilli

I'm glad you made this topic! :grin:
    At the risk of sounding nutz, I say I'm a believer! I've seen things! Only once, but it was undeniable.
    I'm surprised by the amount of nays though. :X

5. leer

I swear Id seen a ghost when I was young I woke in the middle of the night and swear someone was standing at the window I picked up the nearest thing ''pillow'' and threw it shouting GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT till mum came running to see whats wrong .

6. ameliawesome

i have genuine ghost stories. i don't know who or what it was, but it definitely was. when we first moved into this house my parents were renting, so the former owner/landlord came over sometimes for a meeting or because we'd find some of her stuff in the attic. one of the things we found in the attic was a funeral card, one of those little memorial cards some people have at funerals that you can take with you as a memento. it had a woman's name on it (i think it was silvia green? i was the one who found it and i did a lot of computer research on her first lol) who was from pennsylvania. my mom asked our landlord who that woman was, and had she died in the house? our landlord's response was, "you've seen it, too?" hahaha she seriously knew why we were asking: because we'd had some spooky things happen since we'd moved in. the woman hadn't died in the house, no one had, but there was definitely some sort of presence. she told us that her son and husband and some others were watching a football game in the upstairs sitting room. she was getting snacks from the kitchen and when she walked from the kitchen into the sitting room a human figure stood in her way. she reacted in a startled way, and when she said what had just happened her son told her that he'd seen it before. he wasn't worried about it, ahaha, so she decided she wasn't worried either. they accepted that it was there, and we did the same. here are some of my favorite encounters :slight_smile:

my sister and i were in middle school, and we'd lived here for maybe a year or two. this house is a bi-level (aka mother-daughter), which means when you walk in through the front door you have to choose upstairs or downstairs, there's nothing but a small landing in the middle. i was upstairs in the dining room doing homework, with my back to the stairs. my sister was downstairs in the computer room. our elderly dog was resting on the landing in front of the door. i heard footsteps come up the stairs, and of course assumed it was my sister. then the footsteps went down the stairs. then back up. and then down. up. down. and faster and faster each time. i was like WTF so i turned around and yelled, "megan, what are you doing?!" but there was no one there! i still heard the footsteps but i saw nothing! and then the footsteps ran down the hallway and slammed the door of my sister's bedroom, and along the way a box of cereal flew out of the pantry. i burst into tears, seriously. and i yelled down to my sister DID YOU HEAR THAT?! she yells HEAR WHAT?! she heard nothing! when my mom came home soon after it happened she found me on the floor in the hallway crying and cleaning up cereal.

our ghostie, whatever it was, liked to sit on beds. my mom and i both experienced a sudden sinking feeling by our legs while in bed on several occasions. like someone would just sit on the bed. one night it was sitting on my bed by my knees, and my knees started to actually hurt. at this point we'd talked to the landlord about it so i wasn't afraid or anything. i said out loud "you're hurting my legs." then it started to tuck me in. my blankets got tighter and tighter. that started to freak me out so i threw my blankets off of myself and yelled "I'M TRYING TO GO TO SLEEP!" next morning a lot of the stuff on my bedside table was on the floor.

another night i was asleep and i woke up to see my door opening slowly. i was still very groggy, and my first thought was that it was my sister. but whoever opened the door was actually crawling on the floor. i saw what looked like a shadowy shape of a person slowly crawling all the way around my bed. and i'm looking so hard at it and wondering what's wrong with my sister, why is she doing this, why does she look so weird, and by the time it had gone around the foot of my bed i started to realize that it wasn't my sister. when it reached the other side of the bed it started to slowly pull my blankets off of me. i looked right at it, and it looked like a 3D shadow, like person-shaped with no features. that's when my brain started to work properly and i sat up, and it disappeared. i realized that my alarm had been going off and i hadn't heard it, i'd overslept and had to get ready for school. so maybe that was its way of making sure i didn't miss the bus, haha.

there were other little things, like we'd have a lot of parties downstairs and it liked to flip the bathroom lights on and off during parties. we had one of those easy self-install doorbells for literally 5 minutes because it wouldn't stop ringing, even after we unplugged the indoor part. it liked to do little mischievous things, nothing harmful or terrible, so it was easy to accept and deal with. it hasn't been very active over the past few years though, and i kinda miss it honestly.

7. plasticcrows

plasticcrows Guest

I don't believe that ghosts exist because 'consciousness' is not an entity. Consciousness is the result communication between neurons in humans. When these neurons die, so does consciousness. It's a fun topic for speculation though, ghosts that is. If it meant that I could survive without a physical form or the needs of a body and that I could move independently of gravity and other forces then I'd like to be a ghost when I die. I could finally leave this solar system and go chill inside of a sun or on another planet.

8. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My grandmother is a Southern Baptist who always used to think that ghosts and spirits were untrue or made-up. When I was 5, my step-grandfather died of lung cancer. A few months later she was walking to her bedroom and saw him sitting on her bed. They had a conversation and moments later, he vanished. Another occurrence happened on her birthday that year. She was washing dishes and she felt someone come up behind her and place their hand on her shoulder. She dropped a cup on the floor and said, "Damnit, Dan!" (his name) lmao. She said a lot of strange things kept happening after that which she couldn't explain.

I've never seen a ghost/spirit before. But I kinda do believe that there are spirits.

9. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one with experiences!!!

10. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The worst I had was the TV working by itself. Not that bad.

11. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't believe in ghosts, since such phenomenae has always been explainable using science or logic in my experience.

For example, haunted houses are proposed to be the result of faulty heaters producing low-amounts of carbon monoxide. Chronic CO exposure at low-levels can cause the characteristic "funny moods", hyperventilation, and sometimes hallucinations. Another theory is that certain sound frequencies outside normal perception can induce mood changes in humans.

I have never encountered a story where the source was both reliable (they weren't making it up/prone to hysterics), and unable to be counter-argued using scientific methodology.

12. FemCasanova

And logically I completely agree with you. The possible existence of ghosts and such does not make sense according to logical rules! And yet I do believe in them, because of said personal experiences. It`s very frustrating! I tried telling the a**-wipe it isn`t real, and the jack-a** would still stare at me from the other end of the hallway :lol:

I hate ghosts...

13. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know! Always showing up at the most inconvenient times! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

14. Sinisteress

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe in ghosts and the paranormal activity (Not the movies)
    In a sense i do believe that if one dies from bad or unatural causes, or if they carry a strong amount of regret or anger that they become a ghost or spirit. There are also those who die peacefully and come back as a ghost if they promised to someone to watch over them...
    Yeah...
    I have had my name whispered in my ear so many times when i am on my own, i hear banging and paper moving and such. I do believe they exist.

15. FemCasanova

Exactly! And personal space? They have never heard of it, or so it seems. Dude, you do not enter someone`s bedroom uninvited, whether you are dead or alive. They are kind of like my family`s dog. You tell him to shut up, stop barking and go to his corner, and they`ll just stare at you like *ignoring mode on* :icon_wink

16. ameliawesome

so i came home tonight and heard a very interesting story from my dad. first, understand that my father is 72 years old, wears hearing aids, had a stroke about 13 years ago, and is generally very oblivious to his surroundings.

my mother went to babysit my sister's baby today. if i hadn't been out with my friends, i would've gone over too to spend time with my nephew. my dad said he'd go over, so before he did my mom would occasionally say "where's grandpa?" and take the baby to go look out the window to check for my dad. when my dad did arrive, they were at the door waiting, and he said he saw another woman behind my mom. he said she had a clear face, she was taller than my mother, and everything else about her was generally dark. so he went inside, was hanging out with the baby and my mom, and he saw a dark figure walk down the hallway. later, he saw it again walk into the kitchen. it's a very small house, so after a while of walking around the house himself and not seeing that person, he asked my mom "isn't there someone else here?" nope, there wasn't anyone else there.

oh! and right after he told that story we were also talking about how we'd named our ghost peter (after peter pan, because it looked like a shadow and peter pan lost his shadow) and peter is also the name of my nephew. and we talked about how we haven't had much ghost activity in years. and then the carbon monoxide detector flew off the wall, even one of the molly screws jumped with it. now that isn't guaranteed to be paranormal activity, so if not it was a hilarious coincidence.

#36 ameliawesome, Mar 2, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  17. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

I believe because I've had experiences. These experiences started from when I was young, so growing up, I always believed.

I have an extremely good memory, so I remember back when I was 3. I was sleeping on a blow up bed in the living room, my mom was on the couch, I don't remember the reason, but all I know is that I was laying down and then I looked to my left and I saw a man standing over me, and I started at him for a minute and he stared back at me, and being 3, it's not like I knew any better, so I was just wondering what it was. So I just screamed 'MOM!!" and she woke up and I'm like "there's a man here" and she was like "WHAT, WHAT MAN" and when I turned back around, it was gone, and my mom said something like it's nothing or something like that, but that was my very first ghost experience.

Second time I had a ghost encounter I was 8 years old. I was in a relative's house, and so to go from living room to kitchen, all there is is just a doorway but when you turn toward the left, there's a hallway that leads to a room (which used to be this relative's grandfather's room) As I was walking from the living room to the kitchen, I saw something out of the corner of my eye, so I took a step back and saw a man standing at the end of the hall. Being 8 and having a bit more understanding of ghosts and what not, I freaked out. I refused to use the bathroom for the next two days, and when I really had to go, I made my mom come with me down that hall, I couldn't go down that hall by myself after that. Even when I went back to the relative's house when I was 14, I still couldn't walk down that hall alone.. and funny thing is, one time I did walk down that hall alone, and I went in the bathroom, and I kid you not, I was in the middle of using the bathroom and the doorknob fell off and I had to bang on the door for 10 minutes until someone heard because the bathroom was down that hall and nobody was near it. Never again would I go there, ever. It's scary. But I knew that the ghost I saw there was the relative's grandpa because it looked like him and he was standing in front of what used to be his room.

Then here's a quick one, I'm so interested in paranormal, so I always make my mom put on ghost hunters for me and sometimes we would watch it together. There was one episode where they went to Haiti I think, and they were exploring something about voodoo, so my mom was like "Hell no, I'm not watching that" and I was like "What's going to happen if you do.." and she said okay and she put it on, not even like 5 minutes into that episode, something happened. She had a speaker next to her bed (Not plugged in, no batteries in it) It starting making a loud screeching noise, and then all you heard was like some random woosh wooshhh noise, and we freaked out and ran out of the room. Now I never watch that show anymore because I'm terrified.

Then there was two occasions in my school that I'm attending where I had ghost encounters. The first one I recall as me stepping out into the yard where we can go out for lunch to eat, and as I walked into the yard, I just felt like a huge burst of sadness, and I immediately wanted to go inside, and I didn't want to tell anyone why because people wouldn't believe me anyways. I felt scared and nervous, and it felt like something was there, and then I saw a boy ghost, standing against the fence, just watching everyone have fun. At first I was terrified, but then I felt almost like this ghost was someone who didn't mean any harm, but was lonely, and was just watching everyone else. There was a boy who died at our school, he got shot, so I always wondered if that ghost was him.

Then I remember another time, most recent time I guess, was last year. I was in school, and I was in the auditorium because we were rehearsing for a dance, and I just felt a presence the whole time, and I couldn't really see it, but I felt it, and based on the energy of it, I kind of knew where it was, and I was scared so I told my friend, and she just laughed, and she was like "ghost? there's no such thing as ghosts" and she kept going on about how ghosts aren't real and how even if there were any they wouldn't be here, and right after she said that, everyone heard a boom and then saw that a blackboard backstage moved like a foot away from where it was, and nobody was near it. Then everyone freaked out and people believed me when I said it. I'm still in this school, so if I have to do something on stage again, I'm going to be traumatized. I also saw another one in the auditorium and it was a girl ghost, like, this sounds unreal, but picture the grudge, because that's what she looked like. It was quick. I saw this girl ghost come up behind my friend, and she was smiling like, i dont know, creepily, it gives me chills, and like, she went to go put her hand around my friend, and I just yelled MOVE and my friend was like, what the hell, and I was just like... nothing nothing at all.. and that was it.

The older I get, the more traumatizing these situations get. My family has a history of attracting ghosts as well, for some reason. I could go on about ghost stories forever, those were just mine, but the rest of my family would have a lot of stories to tell as well.

Here's a really notable mention that's amazing, beyond amazing actually, it almost sounds impossible, but it's crazy. It will definitely make you rethink everything. So one day my aunt wasn't home, and she came home to see that there was a call on the phone... and there was a message.. so thinking it was a normal message, she listened to it, but realized soon that it wasn't normal.. it was a message from her father... and yes that would have been totally normal, if he hadn't died a few years ago. She got a message from her dead father, when I found that out, I was so shocked. She still to this day saved the answering machine message.. and it's real, and at first I thought she was bsing me until I heard it, and it was him. I don't know how she got a message from someone who's dead, I don't know how that's possible, but I wonder how it is.

18. therunawaybff

Hell yeah I believe in ghosts. A 19 year-old guy drowned in the pool at the house where I grew up (got drunk and fell in during a party), and whenever I was alone in the house I felt like he was trying to make contact with me. One night I woke up and I swear to God he was standing at the foot of my bed (my bedroom was his old one, apparently). I didn't see anything, just got this sense of someone standing over me and kind of a blurry, shadowy glimpse of them before I woke up completely and it was gone.

Lights still go on and off by themselves and a few times I've heard someone walking around upstairs even if I was the only one in the house.

The weirdest thing? I felt so awkward masturbating in that house growing up. Because what if he was watching? :lol:

"QUIIIIIIIT JERKING OFFFFFFFFF IN MY ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM..."

19. Byinko

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I believe in Ghosts, they exist like us but in a different way.

20. Onyxknight

I've never actually seen one, but earlier at work, I was walking past some computer desks on the way to the bathroom, and in my periphery, I thought I saw an older gentleman sitting in one of the computer chairs. There was no one else anywhere near, and, of course, when I looked back at it, there was no one in it. These little glimpses have happened pretty regularly over my lifetime. I always just attribute it to the movement of my eye making me think I've seen something, but it's happened several times throughout my life. I'm not sure if I believe in them or not, I've never had a personal experience, but I want to, if that makes sense. During the day, I'll hope something happens to prove they exist, but once night falls, I don't really even wanna think about them, lol.