Smoking

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LoveMusicPoetry, Feb 20, 2013.

1. sguyc

It would be a deal breaker for sure, unless they were only a part time drunk smoker or something of the sort, no problem there.

2. x Wallflower x

Definately a deal breaker i hate smoking especially since i had to watch a family member die from lung cancer because of it and the smell of smoke is awful.

3. BillCozby

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Id prefer a non smoker....If a guy smokes then its a deal breaker for me

#23 BillCozby, Feb 20, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  4. Honor

I couldn't look pass someone who smokes. It is just a huge turn off for me..i don't like the smell of it at all..so i just couldn't stand it..

5. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I would definitely prefer a non-smoker because I'd constantly worry about what the cigarettes could be doing to their bodies.

If it turns out I was dating a smoker, it wouldn't be a deal breaker, I just wouldn't really want it in my house.

6. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    sometimes l actually like the smell.

But l can't deal with anyone who can't afford it and will smoke before paying their bills. l had friends like this and l just O_O

l don't smoke(anymore).

#26 OMGWTFBBQ, Feb 20, 2013
  7. Gallatin

The only time I don't mind the smell of smoke is in a bar or pub. There, it just seems strangely appropriate. Otherwise, I'm not a fan, and I don't think I could be with someone long-term who smoked.

8. Tiny Catastrophe

I'm a smoker and so is my girlfriend. Now that I think about it, almost everyone I've dated has been a smoker lol. Smoking a cigarette as I'm answering this thread lol irony.

9. therunawaybff

I don't smoke cigarettes, but it doesn't bother me whatsoever. My parents both smoked two packs a day around me up until I was in my early twenties, when my mom quit and my dad moved his smoking out of the house. The smell of it actually reminds me of home though.

Definitely wouldn't keep me from dating someone, though the person I'm interested in doesn't smoke.

10. gordilocks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    guys smoking sorta turns me on even though i'm not a smoker :x

11. ZanedaKitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I couldn't do it. I can't handle the smell, and it messes up my lungs awfully.

12. i dont smoke but i seem to have only dated smokers lol.

it doesnt bother me at all.
    if someone smokes ALOTTTT and i stink of smoke when i get home i can just shower and change clothes. nbd. :slight_smile:

13. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I'm a hypocrite because I think smoking looks sexy, but I'd prefer to date a non-smoker. It's a gross habit, costs so much fucking money, and ruins your lungs and teeth.

My dad's a smoker and has smoked around me since the time I was born and I have no breathing problems whatsoever. I never understood secondhand smoke, yet I've never met anyone who's had that problem with asthma caused by it. I guess it could give somebody headaches but that's the worst I've heard of it. But it still smelled fucking awful and the scent soaks into your clothing and everything in the house, it's shite.

But yeah... I'd much rather date a nonsmoker.

14. castle walls

I don't think I have as many deal breakers as most people but smoking is a deal breaker. I don't want to watch my partner die and I'm not going to put my health at risk with second hand smoke

15. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends. If the person was obsessive about smoking, like constantly needing to stop to smoke, than I wouldn't be able to tolerate an intimate relationship with them. The same goes for drinking or drugs, or anything really. I'm a moderate person, I don't have a problem with someone smoking a couple of ciggarettes here and there, or a joint every now and then, but I don't agree with letting such things dominate one's life. I'd even be open to smoke a joint myself, since in my opinion certain drugs have an unjustified bad rep. There's little clinical evidence to suggest that smoking weed every now and then is harmful, and in fact it's less addictive and harmful than cigarettes. So I'm not going with the popular anti-drug hypocrisy. Rather, I don't agree with allowing a habit to control one's life.

I personally would want the person to not smoke around me (unless we were outside in the open), simply because I care about my health and wouldn't want the second hand smoke.

16. mithrandir

I'm actually kind of still living in the 1970s in the way that I sometimes actually find smoking kind of attractive.
    Don't get me wrong, chain smoking is gross but I really couldn't care less if someone smokes socially out and about. A few of the people I've kissed smoked beforehand and I really weirdly liked the taste of the cigarette smoke.

Thinking about it I'd probably ask them to quit if I ever went out with a smoker though, purely from a health point of view.

17. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    ^ita. in attractive people, it just turns me on :x

l've seen Jennifer Aniston smoking and l love it. Also a non smoker.

18. timo

I don't think I'd mind someone who smokes. I sometimes smoke myself (mostly when drunk) so I'd be a hypocrite if it did bother me. Unless this:
    Also. I've never smoked inside of my house or car and I don't want anyone else to do that either. That's kinda gross.

19. Rivers

I wouldn't want to live with a smoker because I can't stand the smell of the smoke. It's just kind of repulsive.

20. sugarcubeigloo

Uhhhhh... Ok... So this may sound crazy, but under certain situations, and with certain people, I actually find smoking a little attractive. I don't smoke and NEVER would myself. However, I could deal with the occasional smoker.

#40 sugarcubeigloo, Feb 20, 2013