1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

People suck.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Juli, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Juli

Juli Guest

I might be taking this too offensively, but it really pissed me off when it happened.

So today I was on my way inside my university and there were three people coming towards my direction. As I was approaching them one of the guys said to the girl beside him something to her and then said the word "homosexual" quite loudly, as for me to hear because he was clearly looking at me when he said it. I sort of just looked at them and I could see that the guy was smiling and it seriously pissed me off. The only reason he said that was because of the way I was dressed.I mean, I'm still unsure of my sexuality and I haven't been in any sort of relationship, but does dressing a certain way imply that I'm gay? Come on, I've worn flannel shirts and my hair up even before I was questioning my sexuality so why now?

Again ,I feel like I'm taking this a bit to seriously but it really pissed me off. People are stereotypical assholes.

2. ForceAndVerve

No, you're not over-reacting at all. That was just downright rude and disgusting of them.

3. Emberblaze

You shoulda snorted and been like "tsk, heterosexuals"

4. photoguy93

Some people are shit heads.

That being said, anything can tip people off. Flannel shirts are a big stereotype. Also, a lot of people on here have talked about gaydar and the "feeling" you get. Sometimes, it's got nothing to do with appearance but that "feeling."

I think it's incredibly rude and the middle-schooler inside of me wants you to go back to that point in time and yell "I know, isn't she?" But that can't happen and it's rude...so.. just stay strong!

5. Rexmond

lol +1

You shouldn't let what people who don't matter say get to you because they aren't going to get anywhere. Homosexuals are awesome!

6. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just ignore them, and don't ever feel like you have to hide your sexuality because of them. Just be whoever you are, the benefits of letting the kinder people see the real you outweigh the scorn of a few shitheads like that guy.

7. Jun

Jun

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Some people do suck. Let's just be the ones that don't.

8. some nights

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't think people realize how hateful they can come across as. It really makes it hard for people who are questioning or working on coming out. It scares the crap out of me sometimes... :frowning2:

Just try to ignore them, and don't sink to their ignorant levels.

9. Juli

Juli Guest

Thanks all :slight_smile: Made me feel a bit better about what that asshole said. I usually try to ignore people like that but sometimes it gets to me. I'll just ignore shitheads like that in the future, they don't deserve my attention. :dry:

10. Emberblaze

No truer words have ever been spoken v_v'''

I particularly hate it when straight people assume that determining orientation is just as easy as a walk in the park for us... I've had someone say to me, after I became a lot more open at school, this guy said I don't think you're gay, you had a girlfriend once (and he's generally someone who's got a lot of sense).

Yeah, I had about three "girlfriends" and a bunch of female "crushes", but sometimes straight people just don't get that there's a lot of pressures and fears when we question our orientation, and sometimes, it truly CAN be rocket science.