1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guinea Pigs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ilovecats, Feb 18, 2013.

1. ilovecats

ilovecats Guest

I love guinea pigs, I currently have two. Both girls, ones named Peppermint Patty and the other is Nicole.

Anyone else like guinea pigs?

Attached Files:

2. Wickgaga

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I admit, I was hoping someone would make a thread where I'd be able to post about my Guinea Pigs!

I own a Guinea Pig Sanctuary. It's just a small - time thing I started when I took in a pregnant Guinea Pig named Darla from our local closing pet store. I had a rescue Guinea Pig when I was younger, that'd we'd found outside during the winter, and after he passed away, I never got any again, until I'd gotten Darla in December.

I sadly just recently lost Darla unexpectedly. Her babies are all old enough that they can do without her, at least, but I cried like a baby all night after she passed away, because in the short amount of time I had her, she really took my heart.

Heavily Pregnant Darla:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The morning I found her babies, sadly one was still born.

[​IMG]

Little Monster, who was the runt:

[​IMG]

Paparazzi:

[​IMG]

Fame:

[​IMG]

Jovi:

[​IMG]

Poor Darla, she was exhausted with the babies! They all liked to be under her at the same time, haha:

[​IMG]

Darla was such a cutie pie:

[​IMG]

Baby Line!:

[​IMG]

Jovi was a lone boar, so needed a friend, and so this is my newest addition, Hank Hill:

[​IMG]

I love Guinea Pigs. <3 I'm also very jealous of yours, because I really want an all black, or at least a black bi or black tri! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Xochipilli

Oh snap! You guys brought the cute! xD
    Ugh! It's ridiculous how adorable they are! I used to have 2, but that was a long time ago.
    And I'm sorry about Darla! (*hug*)

Thanks for sharing the guinea pigs!! :grin:

4. The username

Certainly very cute.

@ ilovecats, your multicolored one looks pretty much exactly like my old guinea pig.

His name was Marky, and was adorable. I love the sounds they make, lol.

But, I hated cleaning the cage every week, so my mom and I ultimately decided to give it to these kids that went to our church that were interested in him. I remember I picked him up during the middle of a 6 hour road trip when we took a pit stop =P

5. i love them :grin:! i used to have one jem but she died when i was 16-17. :frowning2:

wasnt allowed another one. she was with me 24/7 though haha, hardly left my side apart from to sleep :slight_smile:

6. Alexander69

OMFFFFGGGG I LOVE ANIMALS ALL ANIMALS I love fish though the most but I love animals they are so damn cute and all animals love me it like they can sense I'm a good person :slight_smile: AHHA and those pics are SO F-ING cute OMG I want to hold them and kiss them ahah aweeeee I miss my teddy bear hamsters I had this huge cage whe I was younger my parents have always spoiled me but the bought me this like cage I could fit in for my hamsters inside my room ahah OMG I loved it! They were so cute although Macy used to bite a lot and angel was always in heat and smelt SOOO bad but Hubert got salmonella :frowning2: and died he was so young OMG skitter bug was so fast he was black and white and a faty! HAHA Macy was named Macy Becuase the tol me he was a female but when he got older he had a penis and balls LOL! Angel I barley ever got to touch cause she smelt so bad OMG she was always in heat and she would attack the other. And skuttle was so funny he was a loner I called him skuttle because I couldn't say "skittle" LOL but I miss them a lot :frowning2: I had a bunny he was evil! Like he was a biter I barely played with him I eventually took him back. And now I have 4 dogs a Great Dane, shihtzu, chihuahua, bichon frisé. I also have a salt water tank and fresh water tanks for my fish I have cichlids silver dollars clown fish red claw crabs Cory cat fish plecos and betas. I want cray fish Australian blue crayfish AHHA so cute they look like lobsters. I LOVE animals I'm also vegan I can't stand eating animals :'( :frowning2:

7. ilovecats

ilovecats Guest

Wickgaga, your piggies are absolutely adorable! It must have been amazing to watch the babies grow up. I'm sorry Darla passed away, I'd cry like a baby too.

And Alexander69, I'm such an animal lover too. Cats, dogs, horses, I love em' all. I sadly still eat animals though, I was a vegetarian for awhile but I felt like I was a bother with my mom having to make special dishes for me.

8. VDoof

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So cute. My eighth grade science teacher had two guinea pigs in the classroom. I got to take them home for Thanksgiving. One's name was definitely Copernicus, but I can't remember the other's. And I think my aunt has one or two. My parents won't let me have anything even kind of related to rodents. Maybe in a few years.

9. mickey1101

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No wait i'm allergic to adorablness

10. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Awww I love guinea pigs ^.^ maybe one day I cam get one :slight_smile:

11. counterspade

I have a guinea pig...going on three years now. Her name's Bella.

12. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    I had a guinea pig in elementary school. He was tanish and his name was Cinnamon. I loved my guinea pig, but my mom really didn't like cleaning the cage. After Cinnamon died I wasn't aloud another one. However, I did have cats and the cats were always trying to get the guinea pig so it was probably a good decision not to get another one.

13. curlycats

beautiful photos, ilovecats and Wickgaga. :slight_smile: i kind of want a guinea pig or two, but i'm afraid my cats will bully them.... speaking of which, ilovecats, do you have cats? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: if so, how do they get along with your guinea pigs? :slight_smile:

14. Wickgaga

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you everyone for the comments on my post! :slight_smile:

I have a cat, Charmander. He is born out of cats who just loooooove to go out and kill (except Charmander is too much of a wussy to do such a thing, lol), but he's fine for the most part with all my small animals. The only time he ever does bother them, is when I have them in the living room for cage cleaning, he'll sometimes try to come and bat at them through the cage bars (which I do put a stop to), but otherwise, he either just totally ignores them, or will sometimes just watch them from afar. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Does sometimes get close though, but unless it's cleaning time batting, won't really do anything:

[​IMG]

~

On an unrelated note, thought Hank was being so cute the other night. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

15. I had a guinea pig, he was very uncute. He looked more like a medical experiments guinea pig than a house pet.

16. curlycats

thanks, Wickgaga. :slight_smile: i'm afraid my cats won't be so kind as they love hunting and playing with (ie. torturing) little things around the house, like house geckos and roaches. it seems like they think anything smaller than them is a living toy. :/

on the other hand, i've watched a million videos on YouTube of cats getting along fine with guinea pigs, so i'm still curious. :slight_smile: glad you're cat and guinea pigs get along ok.