1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Harlem Shake?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by TheDude, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Xochipilli

I thought it was weird when I first heard it. Now I just want to gyrate my pelvis violently whenever I hear it :grin:

2. ioden

I don't get it, yet. I mean, some person with a funny costume or something starts dancing. And later everyone in the room starts dancing too, some wearing costumes or funny accesories or something. What's so funny about it? It's not like Gangnam Style, which has a concrete dance, and was hella fun!

3. Nyanko

My friends are posting all about it on Facebook, but I don't get it. It's really just spazzing around a room full of people...you can't really call it a dance.

4. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    [YOUTUBE]A3XVMACZ9WA[/YOUTUBE]

The guy at the start was a long-time EC mod. xD

5. Winfield

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    i thought it was a cool dance move...then when i saw it. just looks like random dancing and doing your own thing... i do like the Harlem song... pretty good beats to shake ya thang too... (if thats your sorta thing)

6. Quisto

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think it's less obnoxious than Gangnam Style got after being played out to death, but I still don't think it's all that great. I have some versions of this that were alright, though.

7. Gerit

#27 Gerit, Mar 4, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  8. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I'm neutral about it like I always am with this kind of thing. All it really is at the end of the day is a bunch of people going out and having themselves some random, harmless fun, which I can appreciate. I personally don't like the song but I don't treat it as some special case or go out of my way to hate it or anything. I pretty much give it the same amount of attention I would any other average overblown pop song/fad. (which is not very much)

9. 4ever Hearth

Definitely check out the harlem shake compilation pt 3 vid in the lower-right corner at the end of the vid and skip to 3:20. Guy in the backwards X sports cap and the orange briefs man, he.....i'm not sure what it is -stares intensely at the front of his brief's-....But he's got it. :thumbsup: