Euphemisms for Gay

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by greatwhale, Feb 18, 2013.

1. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :roflmao: (From a Friend of Dorothy)

2. Music Heals

I've hard "bent" for gays and lesbians, which I think is fairly nice to contrast straight. The term that's made me laugh the most though is "arse pirate" for gay guys. I've also heard "dancing with the daisies", but I don't really get that one.

3. Luke Matt

Batting for the other team, poo/fudge packers, lickety split, carpet munchers, fairies, queens.

4. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have heard Lesbians in the UK being referred to as Lemons, not too sure where it comes from though & a Friend of Dorothy for a Gay Man :slight_smile:

5. Spatula

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "Likes it up the back turbolift".

Among my trekkie friends. Of course they all watch Doctor Who as well, so I get constant comparisons to Captain Jack Harkness.

6. Ebro1122

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    For lesbians, the most common I hear is "dyke". Then there's "Follower of Sappho" or just "Sapphic".My favorite term is "rug doctor" lol

7. justjade

Yeah, I do the same thing. As a trans man, I don't feel comfortable calling myself gay since my sex isn't the same as my husband's, so I feel like I can't call myself a homosexual. But I can't really call myself hetero either because I don't see myself as a woman being married to a man.

Sorry for temporarily derailing a perfectly good thread. Anyway, one thing I hear a lot as a euphemism for gay, for both mean and women is "not quite right". I think that's really offensive! I mean, for fuck's sake, that's just straight-up rude! I know a lot of people where I live are extremely conservative, religious folks, but really? Really, people? Is that even remotely necessary?! :tantrum:

---------- Post added 30th Apr 2014 at 09:28 AM ----------

I changed my mind. That's not even a euphemism. It's a fucking slur.

---------- Post added 30th Apr 2014 at 09:30 AM ----------

However, I do feel bad about this, but I had a gay boss once, and I used to call him Oberon, which is the name of the king of the fairies from Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. I thought it was funny at the time, but I realize it was probably really offensive. I mean, if someone called me that, I wouldn't care. I'd probably laugh, but I don't want to be mean to people.

8. ProtegeMoi

I didn't read a lot of these -turd burglar and ass pirate were ones I heard and I had lets-be-friends neighbors across the street.

A now close friend asked me if I was a friend of Dorothy last year and I had never heard it, but I knew what he was implying because he had pulled me aside when he asked. (Run-on sentence.. oi)

---------- Post added 30th Apr 2014 at 08:41 AM ----------

I grew up 15 minutes from Sappho, Washington. That's kind of funny

9. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

My mom (who is homophobic) came up with this one: cl*tty-licker, sorry it's kind of graphic. I don't know if I heard this one or made it up: sushi lover.

10. PurpleGrey

Let's see...some of these I made up and some I heard or read.

Peach eater, muff diver, legged feeding bag, fish breath, girl with five penises, bean licker, scissor chick, O'Keefe, carpet muncher, she with the flexible tongue, and muff mama for lesbians.

Pin cushion, pillow biter, penis breath, butt slut, dandy, bud fukker, and Nancy for gay men.

Then there's "all kinds of queer" for people and/or situations that are both gay and weird. I am all kinds of queer.

11. tscott

Bugger

Butterfly in heat

Pansy...a Renaissance favorite