1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Euphemisms for Gay

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by greatwhale, Feb 18, 2013.

1. Clubsolar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fudge packer, queer, faggot, gay ass, pussy, dumbass faggot..... The benefits of growing up in a small town

2. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I've heard lemon and lemon tart tossed around for lesbians before but I think that's just an Australian thing. And if it is, it's pretty rare to hear it.

I've heard carpet muncher and fudger a few times. :rolle:

3. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

Horse of a different color
    Unicorns

4. Minx

Pillow biter.

I do bite/nibble my pillow. :lol:

5. CTJ

CTJ

My mums favourite, which she uses all the time is 'La La Licker' for Lesbian. Slightly more inventive than carpet muncher but just as offensive.

6. Anthemic

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^this.

Flamer is another one. Though, these terms tend to lean more to a negative side.

LOL to OP. "Hint of mint" sounds so cute. XD

7. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, "Hint of Mint" kinda tickled my fancy, still I really like "Friend of Dorothy". I can just imagine Tenesse Willliams cooing that out of his southern talker like fine bourbon wiskey...

8. ForceAndVerve

The only one I can think of is "shirt lifter".

9. Ditz

Tail-Gunners for gay guys... Comes from World War 2 aircraft where they had gunners stationed in the tail of the plane, one of the most dangerous locations to be and admired by airmen crews, so a compliment I'd say in the macho world of soldiers an vintage aircraft!

Lesbiterians quirky take on Lesbian...

Neither are perceived negative, more terms of endearment I think.

10. Cinci

I've heard roll that way in talking about sexuality in general a lot as in "she doesn't roll that way"

11. Clowstar

one of the weirdest ones to me is "poof". i'm young and this term is WAY out of date, but i've seen it a few times and heard it in some older gay movies. i'd like to know how that one even started.
    but my favorite has to be one for lesbians, the spanish "pato" which literally translates to "duck". duck, dyke...close enough.

12. returning

Back Alley Dealer

sorry. couldn't resist.

---------- Post added 18th Feb 2013 at 05:28 PM ----------

Back Alley Dealer

sorry. couldn't resist.

---------- Post added 18th Feb 2013 at 05:29 PM ----------

Back Alley Dealer

sorry. couldn't resist.

---------- Post added 18th Feb 2013 at 05:30 PM ----------

Back Alley Dealer

sorry. couldn't resist.

---------- Post added 18th Feb 2013 at 05:30 PM ----------

Back Alley Dealer

sorry. couldn't resist.

13. Deaf Not Blind

I liked the word Queer when i saw in a kids book Something Queer is Going on. Mom said not to say it, but it only meant weird and something about it, the Q, I really liked. So I use it in my mind to describe myself, although i tell others I am transgender or a guy. (I am a Queer! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) Vintage Kids' Books My Kid Loves: Something Queer is Going On (A Mystery)

---------- Post added 18th Feb 2013 at 06:23 PM ----------

you all forgot: Fruity!

14. jargon

15. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What an incredible variety of language used to refer to (basically) the same thing!

If there is any proof needed of the "normalcy" of being part of the LGBT community, around the world, this is it (plus a hilarious love of language!)

Thanks! from a Friend of Dorothy

....hint of mint?

:eusa_clap

#35 greatwhale, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  16. DeanIsHome

My mom asked me if I was gay by asking "are you a fruitcake?" oh and my cousin was joking about me but he said "Dean rides the unicorns head"

17. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    light in the loafers.

18. HalfInsane

A (former) coworker of mine used to use the term "chick-a-lick-a" for lesbians. Not sure if she coined that one herself, or...

19. LoveMusicPoetry

I think us lesbos get a bit of an unfair rap in England, I can only think of the usual 'rug muncher' etc. Maybe as I get more into the whole rug munching thing, I'll learn a few more. Gay men tend to get the more creative names: sausage jockey, fudge nudger, arse bandit, shit stabber etc... Some are amusing, some are just unpleasant, I might call my gay mate a sausage jockey in jest, but I wouldn't call him a shit stabber, if you know what I mean. All depends on context and intent really.:grin:

20. FemCasanova

I don`t actually find carpet muncher offensive at all. The chick-a-lick-a or La La licker neither. Maybe I am simply hard to offend, or just that I get easier offended by other things. If someone would call me an idiot, and berate me for my opinions, then I`d get a lot more offended, than if someone used a weird word to describe my sexuality. Like the carpet munching. Yeah, I munch carpet on a weekly basis. It`s not really offensive to me, if it`s the truth :wink: If I had called the person a pole-sucker (if female) she`d laugh, and throw out some penis joke. I think if there`s one thing people joke a lot about in Norway, it`s sex. My family throws a lot of sexuality and sex jokes around, both ways. I`ll throw out a joke about heterosexuals, or my brother`s taste in women, he`ll throw a joke at me and my GF.

The only time I actually got insulted, was when some random guy called my GF a fucking "Japse" (Japse short and nasty word for Japanese person). I think that`s the only time some stranger has said something that pissed me off.

However, it kind of depends on who says it, and why. If they`re doing it to try and make you feel bad, and you have to be around these people on a daily basis, then I get that it would get irritating and hurtful.

But generally, people can call me whatever euphemisms for lesbian there is, and I am fine with it.

Lesbo is a nifty form of Lesbe, from Lesbian. Makes me think of that Island rumored to have been inhabited by only lesbians. Sounds like heaven, lol!
    :grin: