1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay boys who are friends with straight boys

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GingerGuy, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Well, most of my friends are girls and I spend lots of time with them. I often get the title of "ladies man" by some kids. The girls usually bring out my inner sensitive side. I have guy friends too, and they're fun and sociable. They bring out my fun and gaming personality. I have no preference in which gender I like to hang out with.

2. I second this. It really depends on the males you're surrounded by tbh lol. My # straight male friends:# female friends fluctuate depending on where I am.

3. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Most of my friends are straight guys too. They're great and all of them do know I'm gay. It tends to come up alot in group conversations we have and it's always in a lighthearted/joking/curious manner. So I guess I don't depend on girls to talk about hot guys and stuff like that. Ideally I'd want a gay boy friend to do that with anyway. orrrrrr else a gay boyfriend... that'd be fine too =D

4. swimcaptain

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Really, most of my friends are girls. Most of the girls think I'm straight but I do have a couple of straight guy friends who I came out to.

5. FriendNoCatfish

Most of my friends are straight. I have 1 gay friend. 1 friend who i suspect is gay.

In the past, i've had friends who i thought after sex a few times we were going to be together. Turns out they were just experimenting. Wow! Sucked for me. I really got attached to three of them after lots of Sex. In every case i thought we were together though we didn't act that way in public, just great friends. I guess it was friends with a different kind of benefit.

Since then, i've tried to be friends. There was a guy i really had a crush on. I hinted and hinted and i swear he was interested. I just didn't come right out and say it. Then, one day it came to a point where I think we were in position to have sex hanging out at his house. I freaked out. I liked him so much, i left abruptly. We've only been friends since.

Same with some other guys that i swear are leading to the same place but i can't go any further.

I have reached a block.

6. Minamimoto_Fan

It's about a 60-40 male female ratio with me, 75-25 lgbt straight. I didn't put any thought into any of it, it just kinda happened like that

7. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm kind of a weird case, but I'll share my example anyways.
    Most of my friends are straight guys. I do have female friends, but they're usually tomboy types.
    I've come out to a decent amount of them. Most of them were either curious or positive about me being trans/ bi. Also, I have a lot of LGBT friends, and a lot of conservative friends. I'm not sure what to think, man.
    It's annoying when people assume that every gay dude is friends with tons of girls. "Gay = Feminine" is completely wrong. Maybe I'm making a few leaps in logic here, but I think that's the reason why people have that stereotype...

#47 An Gentleman, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  8. leer

Most friends are straight but I do have a couple of gay mates .

9. tryhtwfr

I have way more male friends than female friends. However, all my male friends are stereotypical masculine males that watch football, play fight, etc. Also, despite them talking about football, most of the time, I fit in perfectly fine - these are the same male friends that called me 'faggot' and 'gay' for 2 years straight but eventually when it came to Sixth Form (Junior year of High School) they didn't give a shit as everyone matured and now they are very open to the idea of someone being gay because we have an openly gay Head Boy who is very care-free. Although, I also fit in perfectly fine with my female friends too and we talk about completely opposite things to what is said in my conversations with my male friends.

10. srslywtf

My main friends are straight men, but since coming out ive almost only made female friends, and realise im alot more comfortable that way - in terms of being able to openly express emotions/whats going on in life/etc... i dont know any straight men that would 'care' for me if i needed emotional support.

And for the record girls are just as into music as guys :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

11. El Extranjero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My inner-most circle of friends are all straight males who know I'm gay and don't have a problem with it. Outside of that I would say the rest of my friends are split pretty evenly, 50% male and 50% female, none of whom know I'm gay. Oddly, I don't have any gay friends at all, or at least not openly. Admittedly, I find it easier to talk to and get along with my female friends. Conversation just flows with a little more fluidity with them. Sometimes I feel conversation can be a little forced with male friends as they are not quite on my wavelength (a sizeable portion of the conversations with them revolve around girls).

12. lukeluvznicki13

I tend to be friends with girls more than guys. But I do have quite a few straight guy friends. However I'm more close with girls :slight_smile:

13. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some of my friends of both genders have no idea I'm gay because I don't come across as gay. The others who do know I'm gay know I have a boyfriend, but he's not named to them just to be safe.

14. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have no friends *cheers*

15. TheMailman

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My best friend is straight, and I really have no idea why we became such good friends. I mean, we have NOTHING in common. We are total polar opposites in almost everything. My other best friend is a girl, and we are the same in everything, and to be brutally honest, I prefer her company. Other than him and one other guy friend, all my other friends are girls.

16. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    Guilty, I guess. I have more guy friends than Girl friends, but I get on way more easier with girls than boys. For the record, almost all the boys in my school are obsessed with cussing eachother and mucking around, etc.

The reason I have less girl friends is because they usually get on better with other girls. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#56 DannyBoi66, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  17. Awkward Balloon

Growing up I alternated between close guy friends and girl friends. Consistently I've been bestfriends with a guy since I was four, and we still remain so today. I've also made a really close girl friend.
    My peer group is quite mixed, because the area I live in is quite open and there's nothing guys would discuss(or me) that wouldn't be discussed with a girl.
    In the coming out scene, none of my friends have had a problem with it, and I can equally talk about my crushes and fantasies with any of my mates.

18. Tic Code

As of right now, only one of my straight male friends knows I'm gay. I can happily say he treats me exactly the same as he did before :grin: honestly, I think he sometimes forgets.