1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight ≠ Heterosexual , Gay ≠ Homosexual , Bi ≠ Bisexual

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Reptillian, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I like being specific on the internet but outside of it, yeah. I'm gay.

Or I could be like, hm. Homoromantic, pan-demisexual, 5 times a week twice on tuesdays?

Knew someone was gonna toss that comment. Comeon. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Ianthe

ASL is a different language from English. (In many ways, it is a VERY different language from English, and it has a completely different structure.)

Therefore, the words are not the same. Nothing said about English words should ever be assumed to apply to other languages.

I was, of course, referring to the current usage of bi and bisexual in English. Cognates in other languages may differ.

3. curlycats

sounds simple enough to me.

...says the demi-pansexual. :rolle:

4. Deaf Not Blind

I think I know that since I am in a Deaf school. :dry:
    FINGERSPELLING is in English.
    But, we do not finger spell out BISEXUAL, we finger spell only BI, and it stands for both cultural and just the sexual nature too.
    QUEER is spelled out completely btw.
    Since we are speaking abt Americans who communicate I am pointing out that Bisexual spoken maybe have some distinguishing between them, but in Deaf Culture there is not...and we are Americans too.

---------- Post added 19th Feb 2013 at 09:23 AM ----------

oh gee!

why don't you both admit you just like the word demi cuz it sounds like Demi Moore! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: