1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Figuring out my emotions

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BajanBoy13, Feb 9, 2013.

1. BajanBoy13

I identify as gay because that is what I mainly feel, I am attracted to guys but I have not really crushed on any of the guys I know. Maybe its because most of them are quite immature. I've kissed two guys before, but i was tipsy. I guess what i'm saying is my mind is kinda messed up :/. And I have to find out if the feelings towards my best friend (girl) are friendly, I don't think of her sexually at all (no not at ALL) but I like hanging around her because I can be myself and make all the gay jokes I want. when I think about it I only think about guys sexually (that means i'm gay right?) I'm sorry if i am ranting but emotions are so confusing ughhh. So I guess the question that im asking is that if I am only sexually attracted to guys Im gay?

2. DeanIsHome

Well are you sure you don't feel anything emotional? would you want to be with a guy like on a romantic date or something or would you rather be with a girl? do you feel attracted to any girls emotionally or sexually?

3. BajanBoy13

I can see myself doing all the things a straight guy would do, but with a guy. I even WANT those things. maybe I haven't met the right guy? I don't know. I don't have any sort of sexual attraction to girls and when I look to the future i cant see myself being the kind of "normal" family, I would like to marry the man I love one day. (i know it sounds stupid) but what i never feel an emotional attraction to guys. And have to come out to my friends again saying "oh well i dont know anymore" its probably just paranoia.

4. TroubledRyan

I think emotions are easier to change. You can't (or its really hard) change what you are sexually attracted to. What you are explaining is that you aren't finding a guy to click with on the same level as this girl. However, there are alot of guys out there, you will find one that you can click with on a higher level - you just need time.

5. BajanBoy13

I guess your right, ill just have to wait and see what happens from there.

6. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Your age could very well contribute to it. A lot of people don't start crushing until college either because they have no interest in high school students, or simply because of biology. Wait a few years, I highly doubt you'll get to 20 without a single crush.