1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay For Attention

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Theagonist, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yesterday, I was taking to my friend (more of an aquitance), and we were taking about this guy who graduated last year, and some guy tweeted about how gross it is that he's gay, and we talked about that and whatnot. Then my friend said I was gay for attention (I'm not), and apparently others say and agree upon what he said. I do, however say, do, and lie for attention all the time... everyday I have some new grand lie about my life... and I do and say things sexual all the time as well, it is out of hand I know, but I can't stop. It really made me mad, because I know I'm not saying I'm gay for attention, I don't see how anyone would lie about that, mainly since hetero guys are readily steadfast to ensure their heterosexuality. And some of his reasons were because that I've never dated a guy, which I haven't :frowning2:

Idk, it just made me very angry and sad, too..

2. BudderMC

I hate to say it, but this really is the story of "the boy who cried wolf". If you were doing things for attention all the time, I wouldn't be inclined to believe you either. Well, I might because I'm gay... but besides that, probably not.

If you're doing things for attention all the time, have you considered stopping doing those things? For what reason do you do things for attention?

3. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    There is such thing as having a martyr complex which ca cause a person to lie about nearly anything you can imagine for reasons only those people will understand and that l wouldn't listen to even if they tried to explain.

But l don't think you're doing that lol. But l agree with the above post, stop doing those things. You're seeking validation on some level.

l PROMISE you people aren't awesome enough to seek this from lol.

4. KTWK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, it's hard enough to put yourself out there, to come out and be open to everyone. And then to have them question you, and accuse you of lying about it all? It's a lot. I'd say just don't worry about it, but I know that saying that does not do anything.

You'll have to just hold your head high and see through it. They might say this once or twice, but if you stand tall and don't let their comments affect you (or at least don't let them see), they'll realize the truth.

5. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well for attention... basically: I'm not noticed by anybody, not even my parents, I don't really matter at all, I don't have any friends; I'm just not noticed at all. No one tries to start a conversation with me, my Facebook and twitter posts are very ignored though some one could put a period and people will pay attention to it... amongst many other reasons

---------- Post added 7th Feb 2013 at 06:24 PM ----------

I looked that up and it really does sound like me :|

6. Unsuregirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I am a lesbian, and when I came out at first no one believed me, Its rather frustrating. COming out was kinda hard enough, let me tell ya. Let alone all the uhh issues that came with my out. But none the less, this really makes me sad, and perhaps makes me understand why people thought I was lying, I never imagined someone would want to lie like that.

7. nevashiva

nevashiva Guest

lol, I've had a couple of straight guys tell me that as well, I would say just ignore them, some people just like explaining things the way they see it and can't believe that seriously some people do not see the world their way and no it isn't because they like being argumentative and to grab their pointless attention.

Besides no one doesn't crave attention and straights feel so entitled in asking for it but their reason is...'normal' (getting ripped what for?). They are just douche-bags don't worry about it.

8. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    And it happened again today, though it was a different person. I'm getting really tired of this

9. photoguy93

I have to agree with some previous comments - this is like saying "I bite my nails all the time. Why can't I pick things up?"

You can't lie. You can't expect to not have things interfere with each other. It is wrong for them to assume it - but you have already put the wood on the fire, and they are just adding more fuel. So I would suggest - start telling the truth. Then let them see what really is going on.

10. Kyubi

when i came out to a friend he accused me of faking, because of some actually fqking it to be cool or something....lame....he later came out to me as bi also, so I laughed...lol

11. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't understand how someone could pretend to be gay for "attention".. It's not like you'd be getting positive attention... or would you?

I know you didn't, but it's weird he's accusing you of it.

12. Kyubi

true, but I guess any attention is still attention y'know...lol. But screw what others tell you, it matters what you feel.