1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I keep having possession dreams.

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by FranklinK, Feb 3, 2013.

1. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
  2. FranklinK

OMG no I don't do bath salts - I took a bath with Epsom salt for sore muscles and to make my skin softer... lmao I don't want to be a zombie.

I haven't been to a doctor about any of this before and I sleep on my side - I have to face the door.

---------- Post added 3rd Feb 2013 at 02:44 PM ----------

):

[​IMG]

3. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    Brother Franklin...l am 'fraid for you.

4. Caleb93

A lot of what you described sounds like what I've heard about sleep paralysis, except for the fact that you actually have bruises on your body. This is just a shot in the dark, but maybe the bruises are self-inflicted. You might be sleepwalking during the dream and bumping in to stuff. I've even heard of people who choke themselves involuntarily.

Whatever it is, I hope you can figure it out soon and find a way to stop it. Sounds pretty rough.

5. FranklinK

I'm afraid too. I am going to talk to my friend about it today. His family is Catholic, but I'm scared that when I tell him he will just start telling me his 'I saw a ghost once stories' or not take me seriously.

6. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    in which case you present them PROOF of your supernatural possession:
    [​IMG]

7. farah

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes I've heard of this!!! My friend easily goes into sleep paralysis. I have attempted to lucid dream and sometimes you get the same results. You can't move in the morning because your mind is awake but your body is still asleep. People who smoke marijuana get rid of these vivid dreams for some time. You need to practice on knowing you're dreaming. During the day, look at your hands every hour and ask yourself "Am I dreaming?" Getting use to doing this all the time will lead to you doing it in your dream and realizing this isn't real. Maybe then you can have some fun.

8. Ticklish Fish

oh, someone brought up sleep walking...

ask your RECORDING HOUSE OWNER if you sleep walk

hey, maybe his camera does have a use

9. Shadow7796

Shadow7796 Guest

10. FranklinK

I'm not sleep walking I asked him already. I've had the choking feeling before and woke up pressed into my bed with my hands at my sides. I dunno ):

11. themonkey319

No man this is honestly nothing to worry about. It's easy to say because I'm not going through it myself but I used to do a lot of studying on lucid dreaming (the concept of being able to realize you're dreaming while you're dreaming) in high school. I will go ahead and say that I can't explain the bruises and I won't even try.

Every other part of your accounts though are perfectly in line with (a few people have mentioned it) sleep paralysis. I am very familiar with this state because one way to try and induce a lucid dream is to try and remain conscious while your body falls asleep. This is an extremely difficult thing to do because sleep paralysis is a tremendously intimidating experience. You have multiple tactile sensations - significant changes in apparent gravity (sometimes you're floating, sometimes you're sinking, sometimes you're being 'crushed'), hallucinations, and audible sounds... and on top of this you are completely paralyzed. This combination of circumstances, especially if you're unfamiliar (fuck even if you DO know what's happening) in many cases is nothing short of absolute terror. I want you to know that every single human goes through this very same thing every single time they go to sleep. The difference is they're in a very subconscious state, whereas you seem to still be conscious. There are an enormous number of accounts about this on the internet complete with pressures from multiple directions, demons, voices, floating, the lot. You are not possessed. You are not psychotic. You're just... not losing consciousness when your body begins its very normal sleep process.

I don't want to put an enormous post here but please if you wanna know more about this I'm happy to give you some more info and resources. Having very related experience in this area, I can pretty assertively say you don't have some otherworldly spiritual issue, rather an issue of losing consciousness at the beginning of sleep. Like I said I can't explain the bruises. And I'm not about to get into the meanings of dreams so work those out as you will. But the really scary parts....totally natural. It's actually quite intriguing if you get into studying it.

12. FranklinK

Thanks man