1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Musicians?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rivers, Jan 31, 2013.

1. HelmetBoi

Bassist and drummer here! :slight_smile:

2. Bolin

I primarily play viola, but I can also play violin. I started off my musical journey playing piano and cello. I was in the orchestra in high school and was in the city youth symphony my senior year. I mostly just write music now. xD

3. knock4times

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    i play clarinet and bass clarinet in my local orchestra i also sing in the school choir

4. Rae

Rae

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I play electric bass ! And dabble a little with every other instrument I can get my hands on... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Rivers

I love the euphonium! It's a very beautiful instrument. My sister plays the violin, though not very well. XD

6. Motov

I started to play the bass just a few tears ago

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm an amateur classical pianist.

8. Thieves

Thieves Guest

Out Status:
    A few people
    Fuck, I love drummer girls! So sexy. :icon_redf :grin: We need more of them out there, for sure.

9. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Oh thank you. :icon_redf
    Haha, yes! I hardly ever see any female drummers/guitarists out there. Hint hint, playing an instrument is extremely attractive, ladies.

10. Adarya

I've been in band for almost four years now, playing my lovely clarinet. My teacher says that I've been doing well, and I've been in a few honor bands and moved to first chair for some occasions.

Also, this last year I've begun to teach myself acoustic guitar and I'm planning to go electric guitar shopping soon enough.

Even though I've been playing clarinet for far longer than guitar, I feel as though playing guitar is something that I have latched onto immediately. I was only introduced to it a year and a half ago, but playing electric guitar is something that I can actually see myself doing for the rest of my life and I would be happy with that. Hopefully, my playing can get better in the future.

I have a real passion for music, too: it's one of the possible career paths for me, either writing or music is my choices right now. Music has always seemed to speak to me and I am able to appreciate almost any genre. I'm also quite good with soundboards and the mixing of music, so I know that going into the music industry could be a possibility for me, even if it seems unlikely.

#30 Adarya, Feb 1, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  11. Equalist

Equalist Guest

I am best at playing the marimba, but I can also play the string bass, electric bass, and virtually every percussion instrument, including drums and timpani. I trained as a percussionist for 7 years, but I specialized in mallet percussion, thus marimba is my best instrument.

12. afterthefact

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Vocals. Took 2 years of opera, but performed as a vocalist for an indie band. Collaborated with an acoustic project. Did play synthesizer in my free time.

13. inacucumber

I played flute in high school. It was alright. I could never play loud enough no matter how hard I blew, except for the high notes which I could never get soft! I didn't like practicing so I quit. I also hated marching band. We never won against the superstar high school in our district that practiced waaaay more hours than anyone else anyway.

14. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

15. themonkey319

Percussion/Drumline in middle/high school. Piano for 17 years and Geetar for 11. Music is pretty much what I do when I'm not workin.

16. GabrielTai

Upright bass ^_^ And I'm not much over five feet tall. I'll let you figure out how that works.

17. kodakske

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Almost all percussion but mainly drum for 8 years. I would love to be a jazz drummer later, we'll see! I'm in two brass bands at the moment and it's just so much fun!

18. DanD

Have you heard of a Jazz drummer called Steve Smith? I've seen him, and Dave Weckl, on a few occasions, and they're both at the top of their game. Nice guys to talk to after the shows too.

19. CHML

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have played drums since I was very little. But not in the recent years as I no longer have drums :/ But I do own two guitars and I play almost daily :slight_smile: And write songs as well! It has always been a passion of mine

20. zydrateaddict97

I've been violining for 5 years. I'd like to get into piano or singing, but don't have the time, or money to get tuition.