1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you like to smell? What scents attract you to someone?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Minx, Jan 30, 2013.

1. IrisM

There's never been a smell that has led me to be attracted to anyone, but I rather like the smell of pine trees.

I myself have generally got a very light scent mix between strawberry and apricot.

2. Jordz

I like to smell nice, wear aftershave most days

3. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like the SLIGHT scent of cologne on a guy. However, too much of it acts as a repellent

4. Bolin

I normally smell like my body wash (which is usually Old Spice). I'm not really attracted to smells. Too much cologne messes with my sinuses and stinks.

5. needshelp

musk. leaves me weak in the knees. there's nothing hotter and sexier than a hot guy that smells like musk. gives me a panic attack everytime.

6. Kyubi

My world revolves around smell. Cherry blossoms and orchids are like cocaine lol. Cinnamon and cloves are awesome. Fresh smells like grass and rain and also earth are very good and calming. I go nuts for women smelling feintly of floral scents like cherry blossoms, orchids, jasmine and lillies. Apples are also very attractive in smell and look...also my fav fruit lol.

7. poopie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My friends hair smells beautiful

8. Kyubi

My world revolves around smell. Cherry blossoms and orchids are like cocaine lol. Cinnamon and cloves are awesome. Fresh smells like grass and rain and also earth are very good and calming. I go nuts for women smelling feintly of floral scents like cherry blossoms, orchids, jasmine and lillies. Apples are also very attractive in smell and look...also my fav fruit lol.

9. PeteNJ

I like just a touch of a basic scent like CK1. Nothing heavy. I find it pretty sensuous to walk up to a guy and just catch of hint of fragrance.

Though some bears bars, no cologne allowed!

10. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wear colognes. I choose them based on the weather. Spicy scents are good for cool weather, as they provoke feelings of warmth/comfort, without being overpowering. However spicy scents quickly overwhelm the nose in hot, humid weather.

I prefer cool scents for summer, as that's the time of year they work best in.

Some colognes I usually wear are: Burburry London for Men (Spicy), Roadster by Cartier (natural minty, not like gum, but like real mint with a touch of sweetness), Armani Code (lemony, creamy, kind of smell), Lonestar Memories by Tauer (leather, with a touch of smoky oil smell).

I always wear them subtly, I don't want to irritate people's noses, or be "that guy" who aggressively slathers himself with a scent to compensate for something. Just a spritz or two on my neck. I wear them with unscented deodorant, as the scents can badly conflict if you combine something like a citrusy deodorant with a spicy cologne.

11. therunawaybff

I mostly pick randomly good-smelling shampoos for myself, but I don't really wear cologne or anything.

It's so weird, but my boyfriend works in a stable and the smell that turns me on is saddle leather/oil/dirt/hay. It's kind of hot when he comes in all sweaty and dirty, heh. :grin:

12. Ventus

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Clean cotton <3

Anything sweet smelling really.

13. BudderMC

I enjoy a good smell once in a while, but I don't have any specifics I like.

Except Irish Spring. When my roommate hops out of a steamy shower and smells like Irish Spring... mmmmmm...

14. Mike92

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wear cologne, but only enough that you can smell it if you're close enough.

My favorite cologne is by far Fierce from Abercrombie and Fitch. Just wish it was cheaper.

15. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I use a solid scent stick that my brother bought me from the online site Etsy. Its home made and it has the most unique scent, I don't know how to describe it. Kind of citrusy-earthy.

The scent is called "Shirt & Tie Not Required" , I have yet to find someone who has not liked it.

As for the smell on others, as long as its not to sweet I'm okay with it.

16. sugarcubeigloo

I wear a body spray (and deoderant - of course). I like to mix it up though, so I try to change the scents/brands once I run out. I don't know if I have a preference though.

As for shampoo... I love the smell of apples. :slight_smile:

I do wish it was socially acceptable to tell strangers when the smell nice though. :lol:

#56 sugarcubeigloo, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  17. Equalist

Equalist Guest

I wear a dash of cologne on my neck. I really can't explain the scent, but I smell like a man, haha.

18. FJ Cruiser

I like many colognes and male hygiene products given that they're not overpowering. I've never really bothered to find out what is mixed into the scents I like, and I can't say I've worn cologne before. I typically just smell clean with maybe the scent of my deodorant being apparent. I can honestly say my sweat doesn't have much of a scent, and others will attest.

Depending on the guy, male natural scent can really turn me on.

#58 FJ Cruiser, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  19. BornInTexas

This. ^^^

I used to take my mom's brand new deodorant pack and use one "bottle", whatever you call it, because it made me smell good.

20. newdown

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I prefer people not have noticeable smells.