1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

That fucked moment when You Don't Know what To Do!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by BearyBoo99, Jan 27, 2013.

1. BearyBoo99

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Does anyone else have a brother or sister that threatens you and bashes you and is just plain hurtful that just makes you wanna die?! Cause right now I feel this.

Just the other day he pulled out two knives and threatened me with them until the point where I ran outside and he locked me out :/ And I am forced to keep secrets for him like him underage drinking and taking drugs in fear...... And when I told my parents about the knives they didn't care?!

I don't know what to do!!

2. lxlJDlxl

Hi, that is really scary. And you are still 13. All I can think is that it could leave a scar in your heart and may really affect your relation with him and your parents.

If I were in your position, I would try to tell my parents that I might want to live at my extended family for some time, just a vacation or at my grandparents' house to provide my grandparents' company. Just to relieve the tension. It is really scary though. I hope you are okay.

3. TroubledRyan

As JD said, going to extended family would probably be the best solution. Also what I would try first.

From what you have said, it seems like a very unsafe environment. If it keeps up at that rate, it may be wise to talk to the school councler. However, that can cause other problems, such as seperation from your family. Its really important to weigh all the options before making choices that can alter your life though.

4. BearyBoo99

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanx guys but my extended family is sick and in hospital or crazy or on the other side of the country.. Luckily however today I found out that my brother his wife and their new born were moving in.... So hopefully because they'll always be around it might settle abit -_- I think my parents choose to push the situation in the back of their heads because he's been to counseling since he was 5 years old and still goes there for depression issues.... He's got alot of issues but that doesn't give him a reason to act that way towards me. We went from telling eachother everything about 3 months ago to him threatening me And making "Gay" joke even thought I haven't come out...

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sort of behavior is completely unacceptable. IT doesn't matter if he's got psychological or mental health issues, it puts you in danger, and it has the potential to cause severe emotional abuse.

You need to speak to your school guidance counselor or social worker immediately. Your parents can't simply ignore it, push it out of their mind, or otherwise tell you to deal with it. You should not be keeping any secrets about him that you don't feel comfortable keeping, and you would be doing him a benefit by telling your guidance counselor about all the secrets he's told you to keep.

It sounds like he may need some serious mental health care, and that your parents may need some help understanding the severity of the situation. This is where your guidance counselor or social worker can help. If the situation does not improve, they can involve child protective services, which will basically force your parents to deal with the situation.

You need a safe environment to grow up in. Right now, you don't have that. ANd that needs to change.

6. BearyBoo99

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks for the advice. I do talk to my consoler and they gave me tips to help myself in those situations. I did tell my parents how much it effected me and they "Talked" to my brother (more like yelled and grounded him) and he's been bumped up in consoling sessions. With the new baby in the house we have to be quieter which basically means we don't have any fights. I am sure that now things will start to get better with him going to consoling more than usual...
    Thankyou for you support and advice