How much of yourself do you give to your partner?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MerBear, Jan 26, 2013.

1. Brent2013

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I easily get attached so mostly I gave all, although I know you should spare for yourself but sometimes once you're there it's hard to control how much you give specially if you mean and it is something special

2. Renge

I fall hard and fast, means that if i had a gf i would give her my everything and she would be the world to me

3. jp16

I will give my all even theres nothing left in me.

4. Minx

I used to give everything I possibly could.

After enduring some awful psychological abuse from a few ex's, it's more of balancing act now.

I won't give more than what is given.

5. HadesReborn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like to think of myself as Ewan Mcgregor from Moulin Rouge you know..

[​IMG]

But its not that healthy. Or is it? Who knows.. I guess i take each relationship as it comes and try not to think about it too much.

6. Minx

"Love is just a game."

Dammit, now I have that elephant medley scene stuck in my head, Hades! :lol:

7. HadesReborn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'M SORRY! But... it is a beautiful scene :grin:.

8. aeva

I always date really damaged people who are incapable of taking care of themselves (particularly emotionally and financially), and I compulsively take care of others. Therefore, I give more than 100% in all relationships, because not only am I playing the role of girlfriend, but the roles of mother and therapist as well. This has ALWAYS been the case with partners, but it is often the case with friends as well. Unfortunately, I am also a fairly damaged person. My only way to deal with it is to ignore my own issues and put others first...I know how to help other people, but I don't know how to help myself. When I was still living at home, there would only be 1 or 2 nights out of the week that I'd sleep through the night, because I would get called almost every day at 3-4 in the morning by somebody having a crisis. I refuse to let anybody see how much I am struggling, until I literally can not carry on anymore (I'm talking just completely collapse where I'm standing from physical, psychological and emotion exhaustion). So not only do I give 200%, I get very, very little in return.

Even after breaking up with one of my exes, he still called ME to help him through the break-up emotionally, because I was the one he'd been going to for help for years!

9. Isabelle

I give my whole heart

10. cassexy

cassexy Guest

well i would give 100% to my partner, in understanding, letting myself known and to adjust to the situations around as they arise

11. SomethingWitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I give a lot, but never all. I have to love me, take care of me, and be there for me. Others can help, but at the end of the day you enter this world alone, and should be prepared to leave it that way. I have this odd contempt for those who give too much and are burned. If you can't take care of you, you are truely lost. Humans are horrible, fickle creatures, and dogs don't live that long. Be sure you can cover you, then everything else can be given to your beloved. This is part of why I am alone: bitterness and cynicism are not the most attractive traits, nor is brutal honesty, so you cope and hope.

12. June Cleaver

13. photoguy93

You give all your love. They are your lover!

But you give about 49 percent of your LIFE.

You need the upper hand there. I say this because my grandparents were so in love. They did everything together. Once he passed, it just did my grandma in. I want to be loved like that, but you just need to keep yourself alive, too.

You can love someone unconditionally, but you must have a life, too. You still must remain true to yourself.