1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are You Attracted to the Same or Opposite Gender Expression as Yourself?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by OMGWTFBBQ, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Madeleine

the opposite

2. jvn95

I want a masculine guy, in a sense that he doesn't act like a queen. Short hair, stocky, low voice.

Don't like skinny guys or twinks at all.

---------- Post added 24th Jan 2013 at 07:46 AM ----------

So kinda the same expression as me, but more masculine. Not necessarily opposite.

3. IrisM

Femme would be my type primarily, although I could come to like a soft butch girl. In either case, someone who is a bit more take charge than myself, and definitely someone who is both very posessive and emotionally open with me.

4. 4AllEternity

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm into feminine leaning guys, but only if they're just a little feminine. I have no issue with very feminine guys, or very masculine guys, I just tend not to feel attracted to either of them. We can still be friends though ^_^

I think it's due to the fact that I tend to be sort of a mix between the two (though I definitely identify as masculine, I have a feminine side), and hence I like someone who can engage both sides of me. I like to be serious, "manly", but I also like to be coy, playful, etc. Sure, those are just stereotypes, but I have an equal mix of them.

Personality wise, I tend to be attracted to guys who have a calm, non-intimidating self-confidence to themselves. Like they're confidently masculine, but they don't feel the need to constantly affirm it, and in fact don't mind expressing some femininity too.

The few times I've ever felt anything for girls, they were always tomboyish, strong types. Still very feminine, but with a serious, purposeful confidence that guys tend to have. There was only one girl I ever felt like I really liked, and she was the first person I felt anything for. I think it was more of a puppylove kind of thing, since I was so young. She was very serious, quiet, but woah she had this presence to her. She used to always treat my class-clown attitude with the iciest disdain, and for some reason I really liked that (not in a fetish way, she just exuded this self-confidence, that she felt no need to assert). Still, I've only ever loved one person, but he thinks of me as a friend; even still I'm glad to have a friend like him ^_^.

#44 4AllEternity, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  5. Brenny

I'm not sure I have an exact "gender expression"... When I open up, I'm a little girly. My best friends have always been girls who aren't super femm so that seems to be what I relate best to...

It is hard to answer what exactly attracts me most... What tends to catch my eye is guys who have a touch of femininity to them. I get the feeling though that'd I'd like a guy who is pretty neutral or slightly more masculine but not extremely. Really I've been attracted to all types though. If I scaled them from 1 being FEMM and 10 being MASC, I'd prefer a 3-8.

6. OMGWTFBBQ

Out Status:
    A few people
    :F
    l was making an attempt at political correctness. l had to google the term so l didn't just lump it in with gender identity but interestingly enough those two things don't really match for me.

7. Oregontinker

I am considered very masculine by most, although when people find out I am Pansexual they never seem surprised. In my choice of partners I like masculine women and femme guys.

8. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Pretty much any type of expression really :slight_smile: I don't see many people saying that, but I've come to realize that I could potentially be attracted to either regardless of how they present themselves in terms of gendered traits. However, generally speaking the people I've actually been attracted to have been women. I'm oddly beginning to realize that it's not even close to exclusive really.

9. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For female attraction, I'm not attracted to butches or lipstick lesbians. I'm attracted to women who fall in the middle, as I do.

10. blueshadedsoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hmmmm I'm not at all attracted to feminine girls or guys, so opposite I guess. I'm definitely more attracted to people more masculine than me.

11. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like a girl who is feminine but not too feminine, which I suppose is in contrast to me as I am masculine, but not overly macho.

12. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Usually the same, not always though. I'm more of a tomboyish girl and I'm usually more attracted to more masculine-dressing/acting girls. It depends.

13. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd say I am. I like girls who are feminine but not overly so, and I'm masculine but not overly so: a perfect contrast.

14. Minori

Im pretty much as Gay as can be. I love men. But I could see myself dating a female. Just for the most part I'd only date a girl who "looks" masculine and not feminine. Doesnt mean she has to be masculine. I just prefer the looks which attract me first hand. We'd be lying if we said we didnt like someone for their looks first. Its just the truth

15. iiimee

Hmm. Regarding gender expression, I don't have anything I find necessarily unattractive, but I suppose I like people who have a more "soft" appearance. This doesn't mean a round face or anything- it just means they look very sweet and innocent. Personally, I try my best to look masculine, but 50% of people say I look innocent, and 50% say I look very masculine and at times scary... I am attracted to all sorts of personalities and different people, but if that person doesn't LOOK kind, I probably will be less attracted to them.

16. DangerousDan

DangerousDan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hmm, I'm not quite sure of my own gender expression. I wouldn't say I am particularly masculine or feminine, perhaps somewhere in between. As for who I find myself being attracted to, it varies from feminine guys to masculine guys. Generally gender expression doesn't affect my attraction to someone as long as they aren't on the polar ends of the scale.

17. guitar

I definitely like guys more of the feminine side. Hyper masculinity I'm not really a fan of. But everyone has a type, right? One of my closest friends who is also gay feels the complete opposite, he's only into hyper-masculine guys. To each their own, we're all snowflakes :wink:

18. DinelodiiGitli

Yes.
    I think the right answer is yes (at least romantically speaking).

19. WhereWeWere

WhereWeWere Guest

I'd say I'm androgynous, leaning towards more masculine. I like masculine/androgynous guys. I absolutely could not be with a feminine guy. They're a bit too.... hyper, I suppose? (Don't even get me started on how some feminine guys have that stereotypical 'gay voice') Feminine guys don't seem to relax. I would much rather have somebody who is relaxed and down to Earth.

20. Plattyrex

I'm very feminine behavior wise, and I'm kinda attracted to someone who looks a bit more feminine for a guy, but behaves in a slightly more masculine way.