1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm gay and happy, but I hate gay/bi men with passion

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by elietto92, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elietto92

elietto92 Guest

Thanks for your reply. The prblem is I live in the land down under (australia) and the gay men here are nothing but awful! The guys in the usa are so much more relationship/friend material. They arent judgemental and arent always after one thing. Especially in my area, they are the worst judgemental pricks.

In regards to finding the right tyope of people, there are no gay related activities around my area mainly being australia a little too conservative of gays and lesbians. I really just hate gay men all together...
    :tears:

---------- Post added 22nd Jan 2013 at 04:25 AM ----------

Everywhere like work, customers, public?

Im not sure which part of melbourne you live in, but the guys near my area are the worst!!

---------- Post added 22nd Jan 2013 at 04:26 AM ----------

You live in the US. Like i said all the guys in the US are so nice. The one here on the other, just love themselves!

---------- Post added 22nd Jan 2013 at 04:28 AM ----------

The sad thing is i havent met any. Everytime I meet a guy, he either wants sex or just wants to be friends. I already have enough friends as it is.

Well my search for medication failed, theres nothing on the net. Not even illegal stuff :frowning2:
    Id do anything if I found something...
    I always say to my lesbian friend that id rather be lesbian than gay as they arent so promiscuous, rude and self obssesed as gay men.

---------- Post added 22nd Jan 2013 at 04:30 AM ----------

Same, my straight friends and I have so much in common. Its just sad to see them go to waste with someone who cant connect with them as much as I do.

---------- Post added 22nd Jan 2013 at 04:31 AM ----------

2. RebelD

We're not all that bad! There are some great guys. Kind, caring, funny, intelligent etc. They're out there, you just have to keep looking :slight_smile:

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    West-ish, but there's a lot of events and groups in the city, and my gay male friends are scattered around Melbourne. The Midsumma queer arts and culture festival is on at the moment, and you might find something you're interested in. There's a list of events here. Performing arts, family picnics, sport, parties, you name it. There are some fairly sexualised parties, yeah, but a lot more than that. If you're interested in art in any form, you'll absolutely find something relevant to you. If you're from the western suburbs, I strongly suggest you check this out.

What are your interests? Melbourne has a ton of queer hobby groups.

And when it comes to the guys in Melbourne or Australia not being relationship material, and only being after one thing, I can say that I've met a hell of a lot of gay guys through my work, and many of them are fantastic people who I only wish I could turn straight for.

#23 Maddy, Jan 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  4. Kenaz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    We are NEVER alone, and that is why it is so important, in my opinion, that there exist such support venues such as this and in general. People just need to explore and find that there exist people like them.

I feel the same way on almost all of your points, especially feeling more mature for my age. The thing I currently struggle with is I am physically attracted to the same age or a bit younger, however usually they are devoid of the substance I need for a relationship. I don't like sex without in-depth connection, and I don't know if I could be much more than a friend (which is awesome and important as well) to someone who I share a deep connection but cannot find a physical attraction to.

I think it may just be something I need to reevaluate, perhaps, but that is how I currently feel.

5. Angelus174

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I Can definitely say in regards to Melbourne gay scene in Australia, anything that good be construed as good is not here, yes we can split hairs and say that you know good and bad in every bunch and while that may be true, i can reassure you it's not the case.
    It's a great big circle of 1 person got fucked over so they fuck over the next until it never ends

6. oneday004

met many nice gay men out side of a bar.....in a bar met lots of assholes

7. ganymede

I know this post is really old but I want to reply anyway.
    Firstly if you have "accepted your sexuality" then you would not want to be "looking for hormones to change it" which by the way is not possible anyway. The two statements are contradictory.

Second what you seem to be saying is that gay men treat other men the same way that straight men have treated women since time immemorial i.e. as sex objects. Its not really surprising. Its how men are so of course gay men are going to be even more this way because there are no limits such as there are for straight men. With straight men women fight back against being treated in such a sexist way but men don't fight back because men tend to like it.

Third what you are saying is a massive generalisation. You are tarring an entire section of the community with one brush. Its like saying all muslims are terrorists or all straight men are sexist dickheads. Its simply not true. I get the feeling that the only gay men you have come across were either on the gay scene or on hookup apps and so of course these men are going to fit the harsh judgments that you have given them. The scene and hookup apps are a meat market for straights and gays. The images you see are highly curated and people are basically doing nothing but seeking pleasure for themselves. Its highly narcissistic just like Facebook. However the men you see in these circumstances are not representative of the gay community as a whole. Its a fragment of the bigger picture.
    There are many social groups, activities etc with which you could get involved and meet and get to know gay people on a different level if you wanted to. But at the end of the day just because you are gay does not mean you have to hang out with other gay people.

Many years ago when gay people were fighting for equality and homosexuality was still illegal there was a more a sense of community and so if was easier to be friends with someone simply for no other reason that because you were both gay because you were drawn together through a sense of struggle. But today its different. Just because someone else likes to suck dick does not mean I will like them or have anything else in common.

Im not a huge fan of hanging out in big groups of gay men. There is a catty banter present much of the time which although its harmless, I find to be tiring. Most of my friends are straight and I feel more comfortable around straights most of the time.

What you said about girls not caring about dick size is also a generalisation. Many girls do care about dick size and many straight men feel very insecure about their own dick. However not all girls do and not all gay men do. I personally am not a "size queen" and I cannot stand men who are obsessed about size but having said that if I met someone and after going to bed with them I discovered they had an insanely tiny one I can honestly say that I dont think I could continue the sexual part of the relationship. It would not turn me on. that might sound shallow but really its just a preference. I like a man around the same size as myself. I dont like a lot smaller and I dont like a lot bigger. If they have a huge one then I would feel insecure because it would dwarf my own.

I was in a monogamous relationship with a wonderful caring, kind and generous man for 16 years. Sadly we separated as we were going in different directions in life but now we are the best of friends.
    There really are good people out here. I am one, you are one, my ex partner is one. There are many more. Just keep cultivating within yourself the qualities you wish to attract in another and it will come but most importantly you have to find a way to be happy whether or not you ever find a partner to share your life. Try not to let bitterness get the best of you. Avoid dating apps like the plague. There is only so much rejection one can take. They are a recipe for self loathing.
    Gay people are just people like everyone else. Many are very wounded and so very insecure and try to find happiness in sex addiction and other fruitless ways. Instead of being angry at them, see their suffering, find empathy, and be glad that you aren't like that. Keep giving out love.

8. Ram90

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This thread is Over 3 years old. Additionally most of the OPs in this thread have been inactive for a long period. Thread Closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.