do you have/ want a tattoo?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Jim, Jan 20, 2013.

1. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I would probably like to get one in the future, I've been thinking about it. But I don't really know what I would get. I've always thought my shoulder blade would be a cool place for one.

2. unbreakable

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have 9 of them... This is the most recent, it's not done yet though...
    [​IMG]

stand your ground, mistakes are lessons, love is blind, free your soul, life is beautiful, smile, find the sweet amongst the bitter, never give up hope, your doubts are traitors, and mind over matter' and unbreakable in the middle. The music notes in the nozzle of the gun read 'better run faster than my bullet'.*

---------- Post added 21st Jan 2013 at 12:58 PM ----------

Oops..
    [​IMG]

3. Ell45a

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Im wanting to get one in memory of my mum. It will have the words *love you always and forever* around something like a cross, heart or a dove

4. sunnii

I used to hate them but the past.couple of years I've grew to like some of them. I like tattoos on the side of the body and on the forearm.

Been thinking of getting one but not 100% sure yet. Not sure what to get. I like motivational and inspirational quotes and positive stuff like that but I only want like 4 or 5 words written on my side.

Also I heard your side is one of the most painful parts of the body to get a tattoo and since I'm really skinny I don't have much padding between the needle.and my ribs lol

5. AsIUsedToBe

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want a little cute star on my right arm on the inner right side of my arm. if that makes since xD

6. sunnii

I never thought of that t-shirt idea that's really good :slight_smile:

7. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have two tattoos. Ankle and left shoulderblade. The ankle tat was my first, and I had it done about 6 years ago, and the shoulderblade tat I had done in 2010. The one on my ankle is my Chinese Astrology sign and the shoulderblade one is of a galloping horse.

I'm looking into getting a third one now, on my wrist. I know what I want done (Faith, Love, Hope, Trust) but I'm undecided on the design :confused:

Word of advice (not sure if it's been covered already):

Once you decide that you want a tattoo, take your time in searching for the perfect one. Then print out a picture of it and put it somewhere you'd see it every day. Keep it there for a couple of months to ensure you won't tire of it. That is what I've done with mine and I don't regret them at all

And like a few have said, it seldom stops at 1 ...

8. Hatsupi Kona

Hatsupi Kona Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't plan on getting one when I'm older, but a whole bunch of my friends say they want a small one on their ankle and stuff like that. My opinion might change as I get older, who knows.

9. x Wallflower x

I have one up the side of my forearm it says "in memory" with a dove next to it and it is quite big but luckily my work place has no problem with tattoos and i thought about it for around two years before i got it.I have some ideas for another one but i dont want to rush into it and i want to get it drawn out and think on it for quite a while. Alot of people i've come across are getting theyre tattoos done by non professionals for a cheap price and almost all of them end up looking really uneven and tacky.

10. Acobi

Acobi Guest

I definitely want one! I was thinking either on my shoulder or the upper middle of my back (between my shoulder blades). I'm still considering designs and until then I will have to wait till I perfect what I want. I heard somewhere once you are happy with what you want, you should wait about 4-6 months on that design to really make sure you want that inked onto your body. I'll probably follow that advice too :slight_smile:

11. FruitFly

It's funny, I love tattoos on other people but the thought of having one myself does not appeal to me. I really, really love the look of beautiful ink against skin.

There is one tattoo artist whose work really makes my heart flutter, and if I ever feel the desire to have a tattoo the only person I'd trust to work on the design and application of it would be her. She does some beautiful, beautiful nature themed tattoos which really are like pieces of art upon a living canvas... so yeah. I have not yet found another tattoo artist who makes me feel that way about their work, I guess she's my one true love when it comes to ink :wink:.

12. thekspot

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have 0 tattoos.

I am really nervous about getting any, but I really do want some.

I want the Shakespeare quote "This above all, to thine own self be true" tattooed on my forearm.

13. Caleb93

I'd like to get a tattoo eventually, but not until I find something I really want and know I will be OK with for the rest of my life. And I probably don't want more than one, maybe two.

14. Jim

Jim

I really like the quotes "as above so below" and "hell is empty, all the devils are here" and I'd like them in some fancy Edwardian text or something..

15. pitabread514

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    your mum is doing you a favor in my opinion. when i was 17-years old, 11-years ago, I got 4 tattoos. even though in canada, it's probably like wherever you are (considering you spelled mom, mum, I'd say Britain or Australia :slight_smile: ) the law requires you to be 18, unless you have parental consent. well i do now regret what i put on me, though it's concealable with normal clothing. a few years ago i got another tattoo over the silly dragon on my right shoulder. i guess i'm satisified now. if i could remove one, and i do plan to, it will be this stupid sun on my left arm that i thought was real cool, or the thing i put on the right side of my chest.

honestly, i know when you are your age you think tattoes are really cool and the repercussions dont' cross your mind; but your mother is doing you a real service by not allowing you to do so until your 18. at least you have time to think, and read posts like mine about people who kinda regret getting what they got. now i have to pay mucho money to get them removed, which i do indeed plan to do in the coming years. these tattooes just don't fit my character anymore :slight_smile:

16. Acobi

Acobi Guest

Is she famous or anything? I'd love to see some of her work--what you described sounds amazing! :grin:

17. animequeen567

I want 気力 which means inner strength on my leg/ankle, dragon around one of my arms, and the dark mark from harry potter.

18. Divopix

I want so badly! And my parents will let me get one, so I'm just trying to figure out what I want first.

19. Crystine

Crystine Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'd love to have one but my parents don't want me to so I have to wait until I'm 18...

as for the tattoo I want to get: the Assassin's Creed sign on my left ring finger.
    AC has helped me so much (omg, this sounds sooo stupid) and since all the Assassins cut off their left ring finger I want to show my love for the story... especially for AC I and AC II... the AC III storyline sucks big time.
    plus, the sign looks awesome :love:
    and maybe a second tattoo on my chest with the "Nulla è reale, tutto è lecito"... I'm not sure about that one though

#59 Crystine, Jan 26, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
  20. themonkey319

This.