1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets end the debate...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Given To Fly, Jan 15, 2013.

?

Coke or Pepsi?

1. Coke

37 vote(s)
    33.6%
  2. Pepsi

22 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Either

22 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Neither

29 vote(s)
    26.4%
  1. ForceAndVerve

I'd rather have:

[​IMG] or [​IMG]

2. Deaf Not Blind

you know me I'm blunt and honest in my opinions.
    coke was 1st so is original, however it had cocaine! they have reformulated a few times now. good includes it is not too sweet, and mixed in a soda shop with vanilla syrup is really addictive! (no cocaine, but still) it is the better also with ice cream for a float, which makes its negatives disapear. it has caffeine which since i got low blood pressure makes me feel better, and helps make pain meds work better. if you like their red and 50s looking logo, they sure got a lot to sell ya! the only one i get is the ones in glass bottles from Mexico as it has sugar not HF corn syrup, makes it taste better.

negaitves include it has been shown evidently to be so strong it can remove stuff...like dirt, tarnish, eat away at stuff. yeah, same feeling i get on my teeth, like it is sticking to eat and eroding the enamel...thus i drink about 1 a year. it also is not nearly as tasty as root beer, which has no caffeine if it is real (Barqs is NOT root beer, it was marketed as a cola and now is faker RB). DEF I avoid all things DIET, if ya wanna splurge on soda or any treat, get the one that tastes good and don't go hog wild! So i cat tell you how ZERO tastes or another current diet soda as i have not tasted any since 90s!

(Coke was created because there was a medicine syrup of cocaine and other stuff and they asked the soda jerk to add soda to it. in bars i guess men drank whiskey, but ladies started drinking the health tonic, ha! cocaine, less strong than liquor? learn about history peeps, it will prevent you from believing everything they say is good and safe really is. )

Pepsi. gramma loved it. i hate it. waaaaaay sweeter than Coke. if you pour sugar into Coke it may taste more like Pepsi. it is a competitor to the original and i never really liked peeps trying to make knock offs. it just does nothing for me. i have maybe suffered it as a sub 3 times in life. no thanks.

RC cola is not as bad. haven't tried in years if still made. there are organic colas, and weirder ones. never tasted any.

other than addiction, i can't see why anybody would want to regularly drink any of that stuff. i prefer root beer, natural orange sodas, and other rarer cool kinds like black cherry and ginger cranberry! Oh do try anything by Americana! YUM!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#22 Deaf Not Blind, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  3. DanD

Only diet coke for me. If I were to drink regular coke it would just taste of sugar IMHO

4. mothcaterpillar

I picked either but I would chose coke if it's available n Pepsi as a back up.choice

5. Hexagon

Whichever is on offer in the nearby supermarket.

6. sunnii

Tbh i like both but I voted coke. But I rarely drink either now and it's mostly got vodka in it lol

7. FJ Cruiser

I'll give the OP a pass for being British, but the answer is clearly Dr Pepper. Coke isn't bad, though Pepsi is. In general, though, soft drinks have lost most of their appeal to me since they leave me feeling gross if I drink more than half a glass.

8. Vesper

I honestly couldn't care less. I usually drink Coke because I see it more often, but I don't care enough to try to figure out the difference between the tastes so I can pick a favorite. If I see a Dr. Pepper, though, I ignore Coke & Pepsi altogether.

9. LiquidSwords

It depends! If I'm drinking it on it's own then definitely pepsi, it's less fizzy and has more taste IMO. As a mixer though Pepsi doesn't work as well and I go for Coke.

10. Jordz

Coke all the way!

11. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    DIET Pepsi.

Lex

12. Deaf Not Blind

^ ew, diet?? why not water? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Even Shasta Cola is better imitation than Pepsi, so I stick to the original Coke.

14. Jim

Jim

I drink pepsi because of ethical reasons. Coke is a disgusting multinational corporation that exploits its workers and the environment. They chop down vast areas of rainforest for sugar canes and blackmail and manipulate amazonians to work for them, by cutting off their water supply and only letting them have fresh water if they work in their bottling factories. I also don't drink any coke products, like fanta, 7up etc. Or eat mcdonalds for the same reasons.

15. Gallatin

I'm not a big fan of either (or soft drinks in general, really) but if I'm going to have one, I'd much rather have Coke (especially if it's from a glass bottle - nothing else like it!). But only normal, good ol' Coca Cola. No Diet, Zero, Cherry, or otherwise modified Coke.

If there were more choices available, I'd probably rather have a root beer, Sprite, or orange soda.

16. Jim

Jim

I also saw an interesting documentary in which they performed an experiment with coke and pepsi. They put 2 sets of plain, white, plastic cups out. One set had coke, one pepsi. They then asked 100 people to drink one of each and say which tasted the best AFTER telling them which was which. They found that most people went for coke. They then did the same test, but this time they didn't tell the participants which was which. The results came back more or less 50/50. And finally, they did the test but they told the participants that coke was pepsi and pepsi was coke. Again they found that most went for the pepsi that they thought was coke.

It just goes to show how influential branding can be..

17. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't know Pepsi tries to be like Coke? That's so weird, though, as I think they're nothing alike. Probably the two most different brands of cola out there (taste-wise).

18. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    COKE.

But I actually like Pepsi as well, just don't drink it as often.

#38 Sartoris, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  19. Linthras

Linthras Guest

Neither, don't drink soft drinks.
    And even if I did I'd rather drink bitter lemon, apple juice or orange soda than cola.

20. thegaymer

anyone else for mountain dew??