Dynasty Warriors series

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MatthewJS, Jan 14, 2013.

1. MatthewJS

Who loves playing these games! To the fans, DW8 comes out next month... in Japan. But DW7: Empires comes out next month in America. I started to love the series since DW5. Also, no hating!

2. Hiems

I loved playing Dynasty Warriors 3 on PS2 and Dynasty Warriors PSP version. My favorite characters were Sima Yi (pew pew laser fans!), Da Qiao, Pang Tong, Zhen Ji, and Nu Wa (annoying but fun sword poking Musou). But hands down from the PSP version, Zhou Tai is my favorite... he's such a badass :grin:

I stopped playing games past the PSP version because I lost interest in the series. That isn't to say I don't play hack and slash fighting games anymore... sometimes I play Rusty Hearts Online.

3. MatthewJS

I love being Sima Zhao, Zhen Ji, any Shu officer, Sun Shangxiang (I think), and Wang Yuanji (mature and know what to do!). On DW7: Empires, yoi can CREATE your own officer :grin:!!

4. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I'm a fan~ And while I totally get why this series is so heavily criticised I bear with the redundancy and have fun with the games anyways. I actually like seeing the same cast I know and love redesigned, with some new weapons and some extra additions here and there in each new game. :slight_smile: I'll probably be avoiding DW8 (that is if it's even released over here) for awhile at first though cause I'm trying hard to broaden my collection of games by staying away from series I'm already familiar with in general. But I'm sure I'll end up picking it up at some point down the road.

DW3 was my first game as well. (nostalgia <3) There are way too many fucking characters to like in this series I'd be listing just about the whole cast if you asked me who all my favorites were lol. As far as DW7 my most used were pretty much Zhong Hui, Zhou Yu, Zhou Tai, Sima Zhao, Sima shiromay and obviously the everlastingly Fabulous Zhang He~

5. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

Im not sure what was the one that i played a long time ago but i enjoyed it. I also liked the gundam games that they made

6. SmokeandMirrors

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    DW5 was my first one also. Im addicted to the mindless pick up carnarge you can reap. Wish I hadnt gotten rid of mine now. Gan Ning all the way!!

7. MatthewJS

What's your favorite factions? Mine is Shu because of caring and benevolence also good strategy.

8. SmokeandMirrors

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shu also, I really admire the bond of brotherhood and friendship that is adopted by Liu Bei, Zhang Fei, Guan Yu and Zhao Yun.

Have you watch Red Cliff? The turtle strategy in it is epic! Got to laugh at the portayal of Zhang Fei also.

9. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I Looooved playing DW, at first I liked Lu Xun on the first DW.

Then Zhu Rong, but my fave has to be Gan Ning, hes just so:eusa_droo and badarse

But the gameplay doesn't change much through out the series so I stopped after 6.

They should put multiplayer army vs.. now THAT would be fun!

#9 Z3ni, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2013
  10. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

It kind of depends on the game for me. I didn't use to care for Wei too much back in the day but it's since added or else redesigned lots of characters that are favorites of mine now. Same with Shu. With Wu I've always pretty much liked everyone throughout so I'll go with them. Their storymode in DW7 was my favorite to play through 2.

here's a link to DW8's official website if anybody's interested. All the text is in japanese but they do have full body renders for all the characters revealed so far as well as tons of screenshots of them in action.

11. Wynter

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I love Dynasty Warriors! Im a huge fan! been playing since DW3! :grin:

At the moment Im waiting for DW8 and Ive already pre-ordered it! only 3 weeks left! :grin:

Favourite characters? Sima Yi and Zhuge Liang!

12. DeanIsHome

I love Dynasty Warriors but the last one i played was on PS2 and it was Dynasty Warriors 4 I think...

13. jayhad90

jayhad90 Guest

I started with DW3 i love the series, my cousin and i would play it for hours. The redundancy did get to me though i havent played a game in the series for a while.
    I also liked Samurai Warriors and Warriors Orochi

Favorite Characters
    -Zhuge Liang
    -Zhen Ji
    -Zhu Rong (loved Nanman elephant riding)
    -The Qiao sisters

This is a great website for info and everything KOEI
    http://http://koeiwarriors.co.uk/

14. Dmsasaki

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    i love the game. . not only dynasty series but the samurai warrior too =D

cheers

15. Artemicion

I feel old now reading where you guys started...I played the very first Dynasty Warriors which was a 1vs1 fighter. I didn't really like it but the next version which was Dynasty Warriors 2 completely changed the play style which was awesome. I continued playing it till Dynasty Warriors 4 which by then I was quite bored of the gameplay as it was turning into a rinse and repeat with mostly just updated graphics and more characters. But that definitely doesn't compare to the number of hours I sunk into the series in the past.

I love how you could get instant musou back in 3 from like two slices with the weapon assuming you had the best one and just spam muahaha.

Otherwise, dueling with friends was lots of fun as well.

Oh and I should mention I played the Japanese version...the voice acting in the English versions are absolutely horrid and cringe worthy...no offense to those who do like it.

Some favourites of mine are (excuse my spelling as I usually write them in Chinese):

Simayi
    Zhou yu
    Sunsangxiang (girl with the dual circular blades)
    Da Qiao