1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you do if you had a Time machine?

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by TheLovelyAudrey, Jan 13, 2013.

1. FruitFly

I'd go backwards and warn myself about how much weight I'd gain and how to avoid that horrible moment where you realise you've gained 50lbs and you haven't even gained it in a nice, curvalicious way. Basically I'd shock myself into not giving up. Either it would work and I presume present me would no longer exist, since I changed the course of history, or younger me would go "Ha, what do you know old woman!" and then everything would be the same so that exercise would have been fruitless.

Maybe I should just go backwards for the giggles.

2. leer

id travel back to the late 1960s maybe to the woodstock festival .

3. IrisM

I'd go back in time and comfort my biological mother while she was depressed and stop her from committing suicide.

4. Just Jess

I would go back, kidnap, and raise myself, teaching younger me everything I could find about physics and time travel, and then have the alternate me invent the time machine and deliver it to me, creating a stable time loop and a version of me that was immune to the effects of time travel since she would have no native timeline.

Then I'd start screwing with the universe >)

5. Kay

Kay Guest

I would head to the future and leave the past behind. Been there done that and would like to see what is coming up.

6. photoguy93

Nooo! Don't say that!

Granted.... I'll probably be equally as sappy below.

---------- Post added 25th Jan 2013 at 10:29 AM ----------

Well, I have two scenarios. If I could jump back and forth, I would go back to when I was about 15.
    I'd tell myself to NEVER doubt who I was. I'd say "you're a wonderful person. You just happen to like guys. A lot of these guys - ok, 99.99999999999 percent will tell you you don't matter. They won't pay attention to you and they won't love you.
    But, your friends will always be there for you."

Then, I'd jump ahead to tomorrow. Hopefully, I'd have a really sweet attitude.

If I had to pick a place and stay at it, I'd jump forward. As long as I had my career and my education, it might be a few years ahead. Hopefully, I'll be at a place where I am not so worried about how I'm seen in the gay community.

7. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    go forward hopefully they would have a virtual realty helmet that puts you directly into a game (SAO) sword art online, if u havent watched it you should, if we could be put into a wold like that...'drools'

8. FranklinK

I would go back with a video of the way things ended up now and finish college and never date my ex.

9. worriedWardrobe

I'd go back in time and find the time machine again

10. Caudex

Caudex Guest

You guys aren't using enough science. You can't change anything in the past; everything you perceived is as already happened. Novikov self-consistency principle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The above Wikipedia article has been experimentally verified through very small particles traveling back in time through very small wormholes. They never end up hitting each other.

At any rate, going forward or back in time would leave you in the middle of space with the earth light-years away, most likely, since it would be in a different place.

So I would go forward or backward 1 or 2 femtoseconds, or something like that.

11. Motov

I would go back in time taking my computer with me, to say the late 1940's just after the second world war, My computer would be filled with history stuff, so I know where and when to invest, settle somewhere warm and in the middle of no where, so I can do what I wish with out fear of a homophobic public.