1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Do You Believe In?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BoiGeorge, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Jordz

Urmm..do ghosts count? :grin:

2. julia

I believe in hope, that's pretty much it.

3. justliketotalk

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe in myself... I am the best I can be. I reach out daily to support others and I have a wonderful partner to spend my days with. Blessings my friend

4. hello1992

I was raised a muslim. But Islam is different to Christianity in its emphasis of practice over belief. As homosexual acts are prohibited in the Islamic teachings (but not necessarily being gay) i feel that i cannot follow islam unless i lead a straight life completely. I never really believed anyway. However, sometimes i find myself referring to religion when thinking bout me and my sexuality, so maybe i havent completely displaced it...

I do believe in a higher power i guess but i am a bit of a cynic. I just cant deal with the fact that it is the end of us when we die. I just believe in leading a good life and doing good things. i have always admired Christianity's emphasis on love. I dont really believe in destiny or karma but sometimes thing happen in my life that makes me wonder that something good must happen.

5. sunnii

atm i dont believe in anything in particular but i dont think there is not anything out there and i dont rule anything out i just dont see or feel anything yet

it might not be the wisest think but when ive had a rough day, i believe in having another drink lol

6. Those Eyes

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wish I had something to believe in, but I don't. I am an atheist.

I wish I could believe in a god like many others do. It would be a lot better thinking/knowing I would get somewhere after I die.

7. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I believe in a lot of things, but religion is not on that list.

What I do? I ignore the bad feelings and bad things that happens, and just wait fot the good things to happen.

I've seen a lot of people complaining for this, but it has worked for me since I remember.

8. Caliber

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    what i believe in?
    i believe in myself and people who have stuck with me through it all,i believe one day that i will come home to a girlfriend wife partner that loves me and i love them. that is what i believe in

9. CinePhys

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What gets me through tough times? If I can help it in anyway - I deal with it. Physically. I don't lump it onto any kind of faith, meditation or any form of spirituality- And when I say physically, I mean hands on, get down and sort it out. If I've done something that has a negative impact, I sort it, apologize, make it right (if the person I have wronged is undeserving of my scorn - In which case I will just leave it where it is as that's the type of person I am). If my friends need help, I'll do my best to support them. I see no positive outcome from 'positive visualisations' or the idea that the universe has a plan, as if it has cognitive abilities - It doesn't solve anything, it only puts it out of mind just to come and bite you in the ass later.
    If I can't help it, I just say "I can't help it" - But only if I REALLY can't.

Wishful thinking doesn't solve much. It only makes one envious, in my own experience.

In terms of believing - I believe in knowledge and a scientific, sceptical approach to things. If you want me to believe ANYTHING, give me a good reason, good evidence, and I shall. That's the only rational course for me, faith in anything can stay away.

#69 CinePhys, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
  10. SeerOfHeart

Putting it as simply as possible- for if I don't, I'll most likely go off on a tangent- I believe that everything is a cycle. Good things do have to end some of the time, but so do most bad things. Whatever's bothering me now won't last forever unless I let it do so.

11. TheDifferent13

I don't give much thought to religion, and I'd say I'm agnostic atheist, as I don't really believe in any higher power that might help me or punish me for anything, but I still have an open mind to be proven otherwise, if we at some point find a way to get evidence of existance of some deity. So when going through tough times, I don't pray, or hope for things to get better. I just accept the things as they are, and try my best to better them, or deal with the way things are and move on. I'm still an optimist though, and think that things can get better, when they are not the way I'd want them to be, but I think it's the people, who have to do something in relation to the problem, to improve the situation, if they can.

12. GayJay

Law of attraction.
    when im feeling down i thnk about all the amazing people or things in my life to make me feel good. And i belive if you concentrete on the good more good will come. That could just be my own naive mind and conformation bias, but hey it wotks for me.
    If you pray to God about wanting better things your focusing on negative things and more bad will come, im not nocking peoples faith im just not so good at following my own.