1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are You Thinking?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Eric, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hexagon

I'll go make some pamphlets...

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    (*hug*)

Also, fuck the patriarchy.

3. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Society is stupid. I wish there was a paradise that held no conflicts in belief and no violence.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You never know when one might happen... :slight_smile:

5. Hexagon

And hierarchy in general.

(*hug*)

6. Sarcastic Luck

I think I'm gonna start my own religion
    Seems to be the recipe for a new sensation
    Think it's gonna make a trendy revolution
    Quite the contribution to the unnatural selection

7. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Tired of white trans* men being the center of everything. Ever documentary, piece of literature and every transition autobiography.. more POCs would be refreshing to see. I'm not relating to this anglo-american culture at all. and it's the same shit rehashed every time.

I'm not feeling too comfortable in my skin lately, either.. I'm wishywashy about everything. I don't feel 100% male, don't feel 100% female, don't feel like I can relate to a gender at all but I'm not agender. I'm probably genderqueer when it comes right down to it, but I'm considered a 'waste of resources' within the trans* community because I'm not binary and I'm wasting up testosterone. Bleh.

Another day, another endless cycle of doubt. *burns gender*

8. timo

I'd join if I could. My opposition to consumerism is getting bigger and bigger lately.

9. ForgottenRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I know that feeling. i like to pretend it doesn't exist.

10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Fuck, you know it. I felt exactly the same way about the coverage of Prop 8 being struck down. Article after article. I swear, it's like the same formula: "we'll have three pictures: two of a gay couple, both white, and one of a lesbian couple, both white."

And I really hear that too. I don't think you're a waste at all. I really want us to just fix our health care system so that access to transition isn't a problem, and we can stop with all this "I'm more trans"/"you're not trans enough" garbage. I don't feel like you should have to supress a non-binary gender experience for political reasons. (*hug*)

11. Sarcastic Luck

I've hit the point that I flat don't give a fuck anymore. If I have to go live at a dorm, guess what my clothes are going to be?

Dress slacks, button down shirts, and ties.

Fuck what people think.

12. Oddish

Oddish Guest

I only know of two other hispanic trans* people, but they're both much older than me - but I don't feel so alone throughout this when I watch their videos. I'm happy that people are able to transition, and white queer folk are getting their deserved rights, but.. it's so white-washed. I guess I should try to relate, but I can't. More of a latino influence would be really nice to see, along with other POC perspectives.

Thanks, Ziester. I agree completely, but I've been in two arguments in the past week with binary transmen who have raged against genderqueers, saying they're destroying the healthcare system and are taking up their needed resources. As if there's an extreme shortage of testosterone, or we're making the process "harder" for real trans people to get their hormones.

Bad energy all around.

13. Garciano

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I want some vanilla ice cream now. Thats what im thinking this very time

14. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So much pain... I'm finally back home from the beach and the last day I got burned... I look like a lobster. :dry:

15. vyvance

Yay, pay raise!

16. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

This is a problem I see all the fucking time as a writer. There's this mentality of the white cishet male default and what few divergences there are are characters only allowed to depart from that mold in small ways. You don't have a Black gay transman, you have "the black character", the 'gay character' and possibly the 'transgender character'

So fuck this shit. Not enough authors dare to break the mold- if I've got to be among the first, so be it.

-

And as far as gender identity goes- I wouldn't feel wrong about it. No need to adhere perfectly on the gender binary. Right now I'd defend my male identity to the death but don't feel 100% male myself. Okay to be genderqueer, mon aimee. I know a writer's who's bigendered but transitioned to be more masculine- no right or wrong way to be a person. :wink:

17. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never thought I'd be saying something like this, but I can't wait to get back to working on calculus - after working on cars all weekend.

Hell, it's simple s*#& - the main reason they wanted me is that I'm 20 and my body hasn't broken down like their shriveled-a&% bodies. But I *really* really freakin' hate doing it.

Plus my Scandinavian hide is burnt to hell now. :dry:

Moment I get a yearly salary, never touching anything to do with car mechanics again. Hell, maybe I can completely avoid the toil and bike/bus everywhere...may well do that. -.-

18. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Need motivation to write... Writer's block is no friend.

19. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Exactly. I haven't even read a story involving a queer (non-trans*) latino character yet. And it's alienating. But I dislike that as small of a minority trans* people are, the main voice is white. Which is why I'm getting into activism here shortly.. I'll be speaking for my Xicanos and Latin@s soon enough. And people need variety, regardless of colour. More POCs and minorities, the better.

Props to you for breaking the white standard, even if the literature is queer itself. (I've seen enough queer lit. staring white cis folk.)

I'm genderqueer and that's a-okay. I don't need to validate my gender to anyone but myself, though explaining this all to everyone will surely be quite the hassle... not that I mind. Male pronouns are still fine with me, if I don't feel like letting everyone know.

20. Sartoris

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you keep a journal or even a notebook for ideas, by chance? I know it's 'writing 101,' but it seems to really help creative blocks when you keep in the habit of writing regularly at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.