Skyrim

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Aniot, Jan 9, 2013.

1. I love Oblivion and Skyrim. But yes, another addicted individual here. Imperials for the win!

2. FemCasanova

But the Imperials are evil! Rebel out :lol:

3. Are you... a Nord?! :tantrum:

4. FemCasanova

Nah, a Talos-worshipping Breton, who just love irritating the people who tried to have me executed ... before I took an arrow in my butt.

5. IrisM

I couldn't side with the imperials after I found out that they were allowing the high elves to kidnap and torture people for their religious beliefs or for speaking out against the white gold concordant.

6. bri333865

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I sided with the Imperials because I play a kajet (?) and the nord were very...unwelcoming. the dark brother hood was awesome though

7. Skyrim is awesome, but I can't play right now because Steam's offline mode wants to get an internet connection to validate itself (apparently, it wants that every once in a while when you play offline), and my gaming desktop has no internet.

When I could play, I was a Nord Stormcloak focusing on stealth and archery and with a passion for hunting animals. She was fun. I was looking at creating an Empire-leaning heavy armor sword and shield warrior who fought from horseback whenever she wasn't inside, but that's when Steam stopped letting me play.

8. FranklinK

I was really excited about Skyrim. It was exciting at first, but it didn't have that Oblivion feel. I was really upset with the level system they introduced and I don't know why they took acrobatics off the game. I was hoping for like some super version of Oblivion and I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed.

9. agonizingnose

lets just say i have spent 534 hours on it.

---------- Post added 14th Jan 2013 at 10:37 PM ----------

I LOVE YOU BUBBLEGUMNINJA!
    for the imperium!

10. Fairylink

Yes, it's so awesome! One of the best games ever IMO. I finished most of the game though now though except the Dragonborn DLC. I'm about halfway through that.

11. aeva

I am completely and totally obsessed. I'm currently at level 50 on my 3rd character (which is around where I stopped with the last 2), although it's only my 2nd time doing the Dragonborn DLC. I really want to get to level 80, just for the hell of it.

I have trouble playing anything else now, because I compare it all to skyrim

12. DeanIsHome

I played Skyrim so much for the last 3 or so months that i'm like on a die down right now, but when i played a ton still I was a Breton Berserker and went around smashing things with my Volendruung it was fun except for when you have to deal with spiders.

13. HadesReborn

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I played it both way, and definitely had more fun with... both. Who am i kidding?! I fuc*ing love this game!! :slight_smile:

14. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

It's tough to decide who to side with since neither side is really likeable in my opinion. At first I was inclined to side with the Nords and rebel against the evils of imperialism, but after I found out that the Nords were racist pseudo-Nazis who were only fighting for their own racial supremacy...I shockingly began to lean toward the Imperials. Basically it was like choosing between fighting for Hitler or for Stalin.

I wish there were an option to just screw both of them and fight to establish a free independent civilisation where all races are free and equal.

15. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The Imperials are being bullied by the superior Thalmor force. They really are good guys, but obviously are corrupt and cowardly in government now. The next ES game is probably going to be INSANE if it features the ouster of the Thalmor from the Empire.

16. DeanIsHome

Didn't bethesda release a trailer for a new ES except it was a beta on PC where there's three factions, i think it was Imperials, Thalmors, and one other new one.

17. BrodyT6464

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Level 46 Redguard :slight_smile: I sided with the Imperials, the Stormcloaks are assholes.

18. Level75

I like Skyrim. Haven't played it lately. But all the DLC are being released for PS3 this month so I will pick it up again.

In every game I've played, I've sided with the Imperials. My decision is probably influenced by the fact, the very first game I ever played, I followed the Imperial dude through the fort being attacked. So the conflict in Skyrim was introduced to me from an Imperial favorable standpoint. But otherwise, I still can't find it in myself to join the Stormcloaks.

19. The question is: who doesn't like Skyrim?

20. Rebellion

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    One of my favourite games, though I play on PC and It's a real mess and a headche everytime I install Skyrim with a good list of graphical enhancement mods out there, as I hate its vanilla graphics when a normal PC can handle much more.