Honing the Gaydar.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Live Love Smile, Jan 6, 2013.

1. ORly

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

2. jp16

It's more hard to figure a women if their gay than men cause a lot of straight women always hold hands while walking and saying "i love you" to each other. I never see two straight guys doing that.:lol:

3. silkfrog1292

OMG I lol so HARD

Another factor that i usually tend to find rather intriguingly effective is:
    a.) naturally, a deep and comprehensively knowledge in LGBT history/social culture and linguistics- especially if they have strong views over gender identifiers
    b.) People that have deep and often highly structured and well-reasoned stances/views on social, political and most importantly identity and moral issues.- usually more relativistic

There's this english teacher in my secondary school that has all sorts of interesting ideas about the role of women in religion, gender identity in different cultures, the influence of pagan ideas in Fascism, communism and anarchism among others, and he turns out to be gay.

#43 silkfrog1292, Jan 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  4. Live Love Smile

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This I find some accuracy to. The speech and mannerisms is pretty accurate for me. The jewelry makes me think of a girl in my class, even her ex-boyfriend asked if she was a lesbian. xD

The voice is pretty accurate for both sexes. Some guys just have that 'gay' talk and you know in 5 minutes. Girls might justbe bored, and there are the super-bubbly femmes.
    The walk can be tricky though. My friend has a 'gay' walk, but she's straight. One gay guy I know definitely has the walk.

Am I the only one who finds gay guy mannerisms easier to read than women's?

5. MerBear

nope. i find gay guys mannerisms easier to read than womens. its hard to figure out what girl might be lesbian in my school. i watch the eyes , not into them but the way they wonder and who they land on more often...and how they behave..

with guys.....i don't know , ido the same but i just can tell , not by their walk but there personality a little

6. an0nchick

How?