1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 coming outs!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Sayu, Dec 31, 2012.

1. MrAwkward

MrAwkward Guest

I started the year in denial and now I have fully accepted myself! :grin: Came out to my sister and 8 friends, and 8 out of 9 went well. For 2013 I plan to tell pretty much the rest of my friends that I haven't reached yet, and then 2014 will be my parents and then the rest of teh world! I really can't wait till 2014..

2. IanGallagher

A couple of minutes ago I just told the first extended family member that I'm bisexual. I plan on being an "out" screenwriter. Everything's been handed to me to have my dreams come true that not doing this would feel like I wasn't doing enough with what I have been given, on top of the usual celebrity charity work. But, yeah, the first steps towards my new years resolution of moving closer to being that "out" screenwriter has officially begun.

3. Asari

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    3 close friends my sisters and my therapist. But most importantly I came out to myself this year! Realizing I'm gay and accepting it was the best thing I did this year! :slight_smile:

4. curlycats

so far i've only come out to myself, to my partner and to the few people who read my private blog.

5. SunSparks

I came out to my university :slight_smile: Which includes a few friends from high school. Right now I have to keep things separate, school in NY and home in Los Angeles...

6. justgowithit

I'm still figuring it out myself...

7. LSunday

An online friend, my dad, my mom, and then when I got to college I acted like I've been out forever and people just rolled with it.

It turns out if you act like you've been out and they should already know this, most people are more concerned about not looking stupid for not noticing than they are about questioning you.

8. Peanuts

I basically came out to everyone except my family this year. So far, everyone's been pretty accepting and it's almost ridiculously blissful, especially given that I go to a private Catholic school. As far as my family goes, only my dad knows, but other than that, they're completely in the dark. I have no idea how to handle it but I think I'll cool off on the coming out this year and just focus on living an out life at my school. The rest can wait until college.

9. koilfong

koilfong Guest

real coming out:
    2 people, my "sister," and a close friend

10. wilted

A part of Arizona where it actually snows!
    I went from not out at all to out to everyone, but extended family. I finally accepted myself for who I am and my friends and family have been supportive so far :slight_smile:

11. timo

A year ago I was not out at all, but since then I've told my 3 closest friends, and a bunch of other friends too. Telling close friends was planned, but the other coming outs were unintentional and while slightly drunk. I know it's not the right way but liquor does make it easier :lol:

There are a few more friends I want to come out to before I can consider myself completely out in the city I live in. I also hope I'll be able to come out to my parents this year, after which they can spread the word to extended family etc

12. Capichino

0 :'( saddly

13. sunnii

quite a bit tbh

1 of my cousins when i was drunk (i just slipped that i fancied scott mcdonald)
    Another cousin (she asked me at a party when i was drunk)
    1 of my close friends asked me at a different party when i was drunk and i talked about it to of her friends i met that night and id now class them as my friends too
    my 2 best friends
    my "adopted big sister" 2 weeks ago

yay for me :slight_smile:

14. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

This basically

15. BudderMC

- housemates (3)
    - non-housemate close friends (2)
    - mom and brother (2)
    - my high school's chaplain (1)
    - a couple of important groups on Facebook (~230 + ~30)

tl;dr I'm pretty much out now. :slight_smile:

16. Minamimoto_Fan

Well, I came out to my parents and all of my friends so... wow... I lost count of people that'd know after about 30-ish people.

Then again, I came to terms with myself during 2011, so it's not THAT surprising really.

17. Of Mice and Men

-To my best friend in March
    -To my other close friend in April
    -To my group of close friends in May
    -To my mother and the rest of my family in May)
    -On Facebook in May/June

So...five times? :3

18. RainbowMan

Myself and my therapist!

Here's to more for 2013!

19. WilliamM

WilliamM Guest

Well i only started to come out in november this year but since then ive told all my immediate family except one brother and almost all my friends back home also people at work so ive come out to most the people in my life that i do care for the most in just one month. Some family and friends that i gave permission to outed me to more people so the number keeps climbing and i plan to come out to more people in 2013 :slight_smile:

#39 WilliamM, Jan 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2013
  20. Epipleptic

2012 was a good year. I came out by joining an LGBT social group. My mother accidentally found out, so we'll deal that now that it's 2013.