1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever been confronted about your sexuality?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayforGuys, Dec 29, 2012.

1. cm81990

cm81990 Guest

That is correct. Life is not fair. Some people are blessed with beautiful sexual orientations, others with horrible ones. Some people are blessed with supportive friends/family, others are cursed with unsupportive family/friends.

2. BornInTexas

I have to call you out on one thing in your post. That's it, rest is...okay I guess. Everyone's sexual orientation is beautiful. :slight_smile:

3. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can only speak for my limited experience, but I do have to think that no boy in my school district made it to graduation day without being asked at least once if he were gay. This started back about, oh, 4th grade. (Although we really didn't know what gay meant. At least, I didn't.)

High school brought me the experience of being cornered by a boy who asked if it was true I was gay. I remember that experience after forgetting so many others because there was something scary about him; I worried about getting really hurt.

More recently, a friend asked me after a vicious rumor about me whipped up down the entire west coast (or so it seemed). At that time, I denied it; the friend would not take any other answer well.

4. AKTodd

In college one of my roommates asked me if I was gay while I was at work (I worked in the library and it was a slow hour). At the time I was going through some difficult stuff with a guy I was seeing. I hadn't come out to her or my other roommate (her boyfriend) because they tended to may homophobic comments and I just didn't have the bandwidth right then to deal with that.

When she asked, I said 'yes' and she promptly began apologizing all over the place for her earlier comments, asking me about what was going on with the guy that she now understood I was seeing and being supportive, and warning me not to come out to her boyfriend because he probably wouldn't take it well. What's funny is that he asked me if I was gay a couple weeks later and when I confirmed it, he was fine with it but warned me not to come out to her because she probably wouldn't take it well. We ended up having a good laugh about it in the end.

Other than that, I've always been pretty open about my orientation (ranging from 'Hi, I'm Todd, welcome to the house, btw I'm gay' for a while in college, to just letting folks figure it out based on my comments about my partner and such, my favorite current method) and no one has tried to confront me on it.

Todd

5. TestingitOut

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, when I was in high school and also people from my neighborhood. Im pretty sure I've always said yes.... even when I shouldnt have.

6. Lady Valentine

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh my. There have been dozens of times when I was asked if I was gay. There was this one time, back when I was 14 or so, I was busy doing womanly things in front of the mirror, my mother walks in wraps her arms around me from behind and says, "It's ok, you can come out of the closet now. I know..." I'm telling you, I almost puked rainbows right then. It was terrifying. But you see, I also wasn't quite sure of it myself so I denied it. Then of course there are the usual school kids picking on the little boy who would never want to play soccer with the other children and instead sat around braiding girls' hair. I always denied it up until now. Whenever people ask, I tell. Also my piano mentor asked me earlier this year and I asked her how she knew so quickly. She said, "I can tell by your 'fingering'..." Then she winked, told me I'm her favourite and took me out for waffles. Those are just a few incidents...

7. TurtleRage

Yes. By my mother every now and then.

8. Oddish

Oddish Guest

Not that I can recall. If someone asked, I'd be honest and just go, "Yeah, you wanna go on a date?"
    I was confronted about my gender a few times when I was younger, though.

9. Rogue

WEIRDEST THING EVER TO ME

my uncle just Turned around while i was in his car and he asked me:
    "Are you Gay???"

O-O;; --> (Noooooooo........)

"Are you sure? hahaha.."

O-O;; --> (Yeeesssss.........)

*a 2 minute Silence....................Until i reached for the Radio for some music*

10. Equalist

Equalist Guest

There is a lesbian in one of my classes who is convinced I'm gay. It's actually kind of annoying how she pushes it on me because she does it in a way that sounds like it's a bad thing, even though she's gay herself.

She's correct, haha, but I'm not out and I will not come out because it's high school and these children cannot be trusted. Besides, in a few months, I'll never see most of them ever again, so there is no point.

11. Rogue

Clear point. I was being told that too at school some time ago.
    they just pursue you where ever you go. Its annoying to hell.♥

12. fuzzywuzzy

My ex asked me a few times during our relationship. I said "no" every time before having the guts to actually come out. Needless to say...she freaked out :lol:

13. ZanedaKitty

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I thought that too, and I work with class mates from my high school. So its not always true.

On topic many times in high school and now, though now it is family. However when I was younger I was not out and even now I can safely say my sexuality isn't very binary. I'm picky comes to mind. Of course It'll be hard to explain I was scared of the response if I came out before now that I'm ready too.

14. hkboy93

I've defaulted and coded my brain to deny any accusations and just say no before. But now I accepted myself I'll just ignore them and not give an answer.

15. cassexy

cassexy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    happily no, i was very discreet and very careful when i am bisexual and hid it from all i know, happily till now no one close to me has discovered the real me

16. Romi

This actually happens to me quite a lot because of my rainbow wristband and bracelet that I wear. My response varies depending on who it is, where we are, who's around. But I never deny my sexuality.

17. tulman

Confronted? Never. Asked? Yes, but only by those who I give reason to ask and I'm very careful about who I give reason to.

18. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My Mom has made a reference to me being Gay a couple of times over the years, but I always denied it, I wasn't out to myself at that point :confused: I was once in a Pub with a Mate & he said "some guy he knew just asked me, if you was Gay" I said "no, i'm not" why did he ask that?

Another time that was even weirder, I was with a Girlfriend in a pub (yes in a pub again) & she said "some Guy just asked her if I was Gay, I got quite annoyed & said "why would he ask you that?

Maybe when I drink I tend to check Guys out more Lol

A Co-worker actually made a joke last month about how I should come out of the closet, not sure where that on come from :lol:

19. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As I grew up, there were hints here and there, and I was persecuted for it, notably by a rather cruel stepfather (the fairy tales are often true about step-parents).

One girl who is a scientist and who had a crush on me once asked me to check my nails. I did this with my palms down and lifting my fingers upward. She told me that that was a sign that I'm gay (go figure!), but that didn't stop her from pursuing me LOL!

Of course, my soon-to-be ex-wife suspects it strongly, but that is another matter...

I do wish I were confronted, or reassured, about my being gay much earlier in life...

---------- Post added 9th Mar 2013 at 04:34 AM ----------

Weird huh? I denied it often as well, I guess we just give off gay-vibes (whatever that means!) :dry:

20. Munyal

Girl I sit next to: Are you gay?
    Me, affronted: No! Why would you think that?

This occurs everyday in Language Arts class.