Skyping?!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by lexi, Dec 17, 2012.

1. lexi

lexi Guest

Okay so I recently came in contact with an old friend of mine... I miss talking to him, but he lives in another town. He get flirty but I've clarified that nothing will happen between us. He knows about my boyfriend, and my boyfriend knows about him.

My friend wants to Skype me, but my mom think it might not be the smartest move for my relationship..

Tomorrow I'm going to see if my boyfriend would mind. If he's uncomfortable then it's defiantly a no go, I'm not going to loose him.

While I'm waiting... Opinions? Do you think Skype would be to personal for just friends? At this point? I don't want to make my boyfriend uncomfortable..

2. Jacek

I skype with my friends all the time:slight_smile:

3. i skype with my friend and sometimes my ex boyfriend and i have only skyped once with my online ex girlfriend

4. dudedette

NO!!! Don't skype.
    Thats how the government is spying on us LOLOLOLOL

Just playin. Yeah, I personally perfer to meet my friends in person. More comfortable for me anyways. If you gotta resort to skype the sure why not?

5. PeteNJ

Skype is great! Google now has something similar, too, if you're on Gmail.

Your question -- should you Skype your friend? If he lived near you -- would you meet him for a cup of coffee or whatever to talk? Would your BF mind that? To me its no different.

Good luck!

6. Robin Vote

If you feel uncomfortable at the idea, then it might not be wise. That you are so conflicted seems to prove that it would be either awkward or inappropriate.

But then, maybe not.
    In general, skyping is great for pals. It's more intimate than chat, but that also brings in an element of self-consciousness that might keep his flirty personality in check where chat - with it's emboldening effects - might encourage it.

Could you call this person on the phone to shoot the breeze, and not feel like it was too intimate for friends? That's a good test.