1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My parents thought they caught me having sex, when I wasn't

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Dasc Crescent, Dec 17, 2012.

1. Dasc Crescent

Okay I was at a BBQ/LAN last night and brought my one (gay) friend home with me since he couldn't get home himself,
    We got home at midnight, normal enough time, and we decided we weren't tired so we started watching a movie in my room, we were both sitting on top of my bed, and we wanted to get out of our by the dirty clothes so we just lost our pants and chilled in our underwear,
    so the movie goes on, and about 10 minutes before it ends I hear keys turning in my lock, and realizing how it would look I dash to try put my pants on (not the smartest idea, I know) next thing I know my gran is shouting and swearing at my friend, telling him how disgusting he is and he is defiling our home...
    this carries on and my whole family gets involved talking to me about how wrong this is and how I shouldn't have done what I had.

Now I am sorry, but I REALLY didn't DO anything, I have a boyfriend after all!
    That said, I can't deny how dodgy it must look, and I really don't know how to handle this, I mean, I doubt they will ever let my friend come over again, and I don't really have friends to spare :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I really want to know how to go about this situation, my gran still isn't speaking to me after 12 hours, and is even telling the maid how bad I am.

Now, moving on to point 2, What in the name of Canis was she even doing spying on me? And its not like i can even bring this up, otherwise they will say that I wouldn't ask for privacy if I wasn't doing anything wrong :/
    I really don't know what to do, I think i may have scared off my friend a bit too.

any advice would be welcome, heck, a simple pat on the back and a "I know that feel, bro" would help me, I'm properly put down right now, combine that with 3 hours sleep over the past 50 or so hours...
    thanks

2. donnie5

As crappy of a situation your in right now, these things tend to blow over. Even if you have a family that is less accepting of these kinds of things, most people don't have the time or the energy to keep it up. That being said, in hind sight, maybe keep the pants on next time :slight_smile:

3. SomeNights

First of all LOL. come on give it some time and this whole thing is going to be one of those really embarrassing bon-fire stories. I'd just try and let it go. You can't control what they think and I really doubt them banishing your friend permanently...they just won't let you be alone together.

I mean my mom walked in on my little sister and at the time it was this HUGE deal. now it's something we laugh about. They did already know your gay right?

4. Dasc Crescent

yeah they knew I'm gay,
    Keep in mind these are hardcore Christian parents, sex alone is something that should never be so much as whispered, the mere thought if it happening between 2 males is sickening and dirties their pure minds...
    now excuse me while wash the bull dirt out of my mouth :/

---------- Post added 17th Dec 2012 at 03:16 AM ----------

Oh, and thanks guys ^^

5. SomeNights

you could always show them this: The Gay Debate: The Bible and Homosexuality - YouTube

it'll probably be a dead end though. Your probably better off just dropping it.

I mean even when my mom walked in on my sister and her bf, we didn't see him around for a solid month after that. I think that may be your best approach. Just hang out with your friend away from home and put time time between the event.

6. Dasc Crescent

Yeah I guess so, Lets just hope my gran won't say anything to my boyfriend, shes properly upset, she threatened to call the police on my friend, which makes no sense since we are both over the age of consent... logic.
    Thanks again, I'll just leave things for a while, my dad has calmed down and seems to believe me when say it was nothing, so that's good.

7. SomeNights

I'd defiantly beat her to the punch and tell your bf NOW! i know if it were me i'd rather hear it from you than someone else.

8. aeva

I could not agree more. If it seems like you were trying to hide something, then it's sure to make him more upset.

In general, I agree with everybody else. Let some time pass, let everybody calm down, and then see where you are.

9. stumble along

Well that's awkward as hell, though i don't really see an issue considering my roomate and I and a bunch of other people chill with just underwear or towels on so I'm sorry that they jumped to conclusions (thought the door was locked...)

It will blow over eventually maybe