What do you guys think of this?

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Salazar, Dec 14, 2012.

1. YeonAh

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'll say Ahem to that. It's people like her that give the true Christians that bad stereotype. I'm Atheist/Agnostic too, but I think even without going to church or praying I'm more Christian-like than her =\ You don't have to be Christian to love thy neighbor, and you know...not be a pompous ass.

This reminds me of a quote I saw earlier this week: "Love your enemies; it'll drive them nuts!"

So here's all my love in all it's bisexual glory, Linda! :wink:

2. Emberstone

please note that I said 'fundimentalist christians', and noted that fact that the movement, which is behind bigottry in america, split away from traditional christanity to create their own warped version.

3. Deaf Not Blind

not really, he was one of the oldest of cousins, i only had to male cousins both did not associate much with me, i was the baby of family. when i saw him was at gramma's house he was only other grandkid who ever took her places or gave her stuf and called. so it hurt gramma a lot that they said it was family only and we were not allowed to attend his funeral. it was also a way to keep his bf and gay friends from being able to attend. i know them, they are scary, they try to get money and will lie to get you in jail too. i am sure they did some scary shit to his roomy to get all the stuff out they wanted. some records we got back with gramma's record player...he was going to fix it...were not hers and hers were missing, who knows what stuff that other guy could not prove was his and lost to my evil uncle and aunt. they sadly are still here on earth and have daughters to control....all about money. i have no close family now gramma is dead, just have mom.

4. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    How did you get the ability to judge who is a "true Christian"? The only valid criteria for how to religiously identify someone is how they self-identify; otherwise you are telling people what they believe.

5. Deaf Not Blind

when you generalize as hundreds of years ago split...fundamentalists...does that mean protestants in general? you are not saying "evangelical preachers on TV" you are also saying there is a playbook and that they separated from the Christian faith...are you saying Mormons or Jehovah witnesses? Or is it anybody not Catholic? what playbook, the bible?

---------- Post added 15th Dec 2012 at 10:33 AM ----------

im betting he means a true Christian loves everybody.

i consider a true one someone who got the right stuff down to be saved from hell, and loves God 1st and every human 2nd.

6. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    A Catholic and a Southern Baptist have different "right stuff"s to get to heaven, which one of them is a true Christian? If Mormons have a different perception of God than others, does that mean that they don't love the real God and thus are not Christian? What do you define people who believe in God and Jesus and Heaven and Hell and Satan and Angels and everything but do not love every human?

7. SomeNights

In my book: a true Christian is someone who has accepted Christ as their lord and savior. People get way to down in the details. That's why I'm never going to declare a denomination. The whole point in my mind was to bring society together, not subdivide it into all the small details. I've been to quite a few different services of different denominations and that is a common theme and so I find it really troubling that some of us are so quick to outcast someone else.

"For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them." -Matthew 18:20

"They kept demanding an answer, so he stood up again and said, "All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first stone!"" - John 8:7

best two versus that in my mind say just be nice to each other. (*hug*)

8. Gold Griffin

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That is a good definition. However, as none of us is Jesus, then we have to assume that people who claim to have accepted him indeed have, so if someone says they are Christian, they are.

9. Michal2012

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I also don't like.