1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I wish I was cute

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by DRN94, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

You have some serious self-image issues. Quite honestly It sounds like you may need to see a Therapist to help you with this problem.

2. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have 1 friend and that's my brother, I'm not easily dissapointed, I had a short online, long distance relationship with a hawaiian dude, I promise you, your nose can't be nearly as bad as his was! :grin:

3. Ticklish Fish

please understand that going shopping is about having a good time together and not like, trying to walk down the runway...

ease up on yourself. it's hard to be with people who are all tensed up.

4. DRN94

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm not paying for a professional to trick me into ignoring the truth. And I hate shopping for anything fashion related because it reminds me that I'm ugly.

5. Ticklish Fish

I want to ask, why are you making this thread again? Are you really looking for help? I am not sure if you take us seriously.

6. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So you hate fashion? Do you just walk around in your birthday suit, if you do that's totally cool. :slight_smile:
    Also to the above, yeah it does kinda feel like that you aren't really looking for help, but I still wanna help, or try to.

7. DRN94

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't think anything can help me. All I can do is keep buying things to hide the pain of never being able to be what I want to be.

8. inthedark4eva

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This is his only thread. It was originally in the Health forum and I think a mod/admin moved it.

9. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What things are you buying I thought you didn't like fashion.

10. DRN94

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Let's see, I already bought a TV, a new PC monitor, a new sound system, keyboard and mouse, games, and plan on getting new guitar stuff, a tablet, and maybe even a nice tennis racquet. I might even get new headlights for my car or something. I don't know. Just anything that excites me.

If I could buy good looks, guess what would be on the top of my shopping cart.

#50 DRN94, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  11. Zontar

I'll tell you one thing, if you're not thinking you're ugly, you'll be thinking you're something else. Getting a haircut helps drastically; I used to think I was ugly before I got a nice haircut, now I just think I'm dumb and poor. I'm pretty sure I'd just move on to something else once I made my money. There's no escape. I dunno what it is but you've probably got that exact thing I do. This general tendency to be miserable all the time.

The only thing I can suggest is try not to think about whatever's bugging you. If you train yourself not to think about it, you feel much better. Objectively, I'm willing to bet you're not ugly at all, and what I described is your real problem instead.

12. DRN94

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You can only ignore the truth for so long. I've cut my hair and I think I have the best haircut for my face shape and personality and yet I'm still ugly and unhappy. And i think I'm dumb and poor regardless of my physical attractiveness. The only reason why I have money to spend on myself is because of my job. My parents never had money to get me things like my friends got, take me to disney land like my friends did, I barely had a childhood before my parents separated.

13. Ticklish Fish

then don't compare to yourself with your friends. your friends and you are going to be raised differently, but are you going to shake the bonds between you and your friends over how you and your friends have different kind of life?

14. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Damn baby you need to chill, I can't even remember the last time I bought something, and to be honest with you that's kind of a big problem, if you're spending cash on a new tv every month, or a guitar every other week, I mean I love a guy who can play guitar that's cool I like music but that shit gets expensive. What I think you need is a relationship.

15. DRN94

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If I had a cute, hot, sexy boyfriend I'd serenade him with my guitar, I'd buy him things, and make him feel love like I've never felt. But no attractive guy would ever date me. And I spend my money wisely. Every guy I'm attracted to has rejected me either because they were straight or I wasn't their "type." When the hot guy's I've talked to told me I wasn't their type I know what they meant to say I was ugly.

#55 DRN94, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  16. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think you should talk to somebody and that's why we're here, right? :slight_smile:

17. Rainbow Music

I used to be that way also. I used to think that I was ugly. A lot of "ugly" people are that way from influence. I used to think that I was ugly because my mom and gma said that I'm ugly from a very young age. So I started believing it. I got to high school, knowing that I'm gay and "ugly", I knew that I wouldn't be able to find a boyfriend. My social worker said that I am a cute boy. I realized that people did think that I was cute, mostly girls however since I was not out yet. I then realized that people that I was cute, but they were more attracted to my personality. I am interested in cute boys, however I started looking at myself through other peoples' eyes. I also started telling myself in the mirror everyday that I'm cute. It's a great trick that really works.

18. CasperTheGhost

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You sound like a great guy to me, and it's a shame people can be so superficial just to completely dismiss you based on looks, and I feel for you, but I highly doubt you're as terrible looking as you believe yourself to be, and unfortunately I don't think any of us will ever know cuz I don't even know if we're allowed to put up our real photos on this site. I just want to let you know that I would kill for a guy like you who can give me back the love I shower on people, I love simply making people happy, and I would like to make you happy.

19. DRN94

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Gee, thanks for telling me how cute you are. Reminds how I'm not cute and never will be. I think I could easily tell if I were cute. And I would know because people would tell me I'm cute. My mom is the only one I can think of who says I'm cute and not ugly. Everyone on the planet begs to differ. I've ignored the truth for too long.

20. Ticklish Fish

yeah you can, there are people with their face as avatars and profile pic, you know...