What is your occupation?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Juggalo, Nov 21, 2012.

1. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't have a job but I will probably work in fast food when I turn 16 in a few months.
    I want to do something with either computers or photography and my dad says I would be good in computers since I practically spend my life on the computer.

2. Juggalo

Wow, lots of different jobs. Sweet!
    And I'm an idiot. I meant quality assurance, not insurance. There is no such thing as quality insurance lol.

3. Aielar

I'm taking child development, child guidance, health/safety/nutrition, and we're learning how to do art/literature/numeracy/etc. I started practicum at a preschool a month ago and I'm loving it :slight_smile:

4. Jared

I'm currently a computer science student at UCLA. I'm planning on being a software engineer when I finish school. Though I have thought about law school.

5. FashionDisaster

I'm currently going to school to become a physics teacher. My end goal is to become a community college professor.

6. I'm currently in college working on becoming a medical examiner.

7. Capichino

Artist for shure and I'm NEVER going to change that got it random ppl lol just joking but for real I am going to be a artist :grin:

8. Hiems

Right now, I'm a student in pharmacy school. In the short term, I'm looking for a job as a pharmacy technician to get some experience. And if my spring schedule permits, I might become a TA for orgo lab prep or grading...

After graduating, I hope to work at an independent pharmacy or hospital. But the profession has expanded beyond these careers, so I'm open to wherever my degree can take me :slight_smile:

9. Motov

Currently disabled, but, every once in awhile a lab rat for parkinson's disease

10. Full-time college student. Hope to attend medical school and go for pathology.

11. hazza

I work full-time in hospitality as a bartender and waiter.

I work at an award winning hospitality venue in Perth and I couldn't think of a better place to work at - I get to work as a waiter at the restaurant, a bartender in the bars and I also work in a lot of functions - weddings, celebrations, engagements etc.

It is great fun...although my weekend has shifted to Monday and Tuesday! :slight_smile:

12. LEZmis4

LEZmis4 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I teach 8th grade English. :slight_smile: LOVE it. I would be happy to talk to anyone aspiring to enter education as an occupation.

13. Kidd

Kidd Guest

I talk/complain/cry about it enough on EC that most of you already know. For the last year I've been shadowing a substance abuse counselor/intensive probation officer, in a probation office. Over the summer this year I also interned at my hometown's Clerk of Courts office, for a Judge. A new Judge is coming in at the end of this year and the probation office is going to petition whoever it is to hire me full-time, so I can get paid for all the hours I spend there. And before that, I was basically blackmailed into working at a factory for summer help for two years, where most of my family works. Those were dark times. I've never held a part-time job or anything like that. I've never worked retail/fast food. Thank God.

14. NordicSpirit

I was self employed in the animal care industry until recently. Now I'm unemployed but I'm hoping to get onto a training course in the new year and go to uni as a mature student when I turn 23 :slight_smile:

15. pitabread514

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Electrical Engineering until I save up enough money to start my own business!
    Maybe in 5-8 years.

16. canuck

I work in a hospital pharmacy

17. silkfrog1292

OMG ^ this is my dream job

I'm currently a law student but don't really have aspirations to work as a full time Lawyer. My dream job is work in the publishing industry, preferably in academic publishing houses like Sweet&Maxwell.

I get paid to read and write. oh god. Music to my ears...

Failing the above I might become a legal-notary or a civil servant :confused: