1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is he worth it?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Bi As A Kite, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Zontar

I dunno, there's a serious peace of mind that comes with knowing your partners' STD status and where they were. I don't particularly "go" for strangers.

2. Monmon

Monmon Guest

You can always use condom. If you've been to Hiv lecture thingies, you would know that chances of contracting it is very little. You have to be regularly having sex with someone infected to get it. As for other types of stds, I'm not sure.

3. inlove21

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I hate when people send mixed signals like that. The best thing I would do is sit him down and tell him everything. But I was thinking he may not be into you. He seems not to show any signs of liking you anymore. He would have went to the movies with you I think. Even though I am just a year older then you and I have a hard time accepting this too, but I know you would meet other people. Maybe you should just focus on you and make yourself a better person. This will make you more confident, and it would make other people attracted to you. Your crush may even turn out to like you.

But overall just talk to him and see what he says. What's the worse that could happen? He's gonna say no? at least you'll have an answer.

4. SecretColor

From St. Louis, MO; go to school in Philly
    I'm just gonna chime in here and say this isn't really true. You can contract HIV from having sex with someone once; all it takes is one time. The same holds true for any other STDs.

EDIT: Monmon is right, the chance of contracting HIV is rather low if you use a condom; but you aren't 100% safe.

And to kind of echo the other things Zontar was saying, and speaking from what I've heard from talking to friends who are in relationships (though I'm not in one yet, I'm kind of on the way to one, so this line of thinking is my own as well) having sex with one person isn't worse than having sex with any hot guy you see. In fact, it can even be better if you're in a relationship with the person you're having sex with because there's (in theory) emotional attraction between the two of you. But everyone's different.

#24 SecretColor, Nov 22, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  5. Zillion

Zillion Guest

Wait, it took a year to find him out as gay and to make a move? This seems to be going nowhere. No wonder the mixed signals are flying everywhere... Sounds like he may have been interested at one time... but not so much now. But we need more info. Sounds like you need to get aggressive if you want him.

6. Monmon

Monmon Guest

I have to agree on this. If there is no physical attraction, chances are there wouldn't be any foreplay, and worse, no kissing. So being in a relationship beats not being in a relationship in that circumstance. If you love a guy, you would also tend to not be grossed out doing sexual favors, unlike strangers. However, that is not always the case, there are some strangers too who are capable of doing a romantic one night stands. So it can still be fun doing it with different guys granting those random guys are master romancers, and the bonus of having different kinds.

7. Bi As A Kite

There has been a development....I told him over text as i only see him once a week between classes.

-He already knew I like him, unsurprising

-He basically said "I'm not ready for commitment etc as i've only just come out"
    My inner cynic doesn't like that answer
    -but also said "we could try it in the future" but he "doesn't wanna rush it with anyone".

I'm sorta perpared to wait as i'm not going anywhere fast and am actually trying to not look out for new people in a romantic light. Still, I feel 110% better for telling him. Any more thoughts, ye wizards of advice?

8. yes

yes

wow that's pretty good!
    he seems to have taken it really well. did he say anything about what he feels, though, i mean about you?
    i can imagine you must feel so many times better now.
    i don't really have any advice, other than to wait if you really like him. good luck :grin:

9. Bi As A Kite

@yes - I do feel soooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better thanks, he possibly thinks i'm potential bf material, judging from "we could maybe try it in the future". Unless he was letting me down gently. We'll see....anyway:

Weeell, I told him i was prepared to wait, but then suddenly realized that waiting would be a nightmare.

Spending months of my life living in fear that he's gonna get to know someone better than me, and be more attracted to them? It's jealousy and paranoia, but I can't help it, and it's really unhealthy for me.

I told him i can't really wait, and tried to succinctly explain how i've been taught by force about the fragility of life and don't feel like i can let time go by....rambling now, sorry :slight_smile:

He said he just stands by what he already said. (Blood....stone....)

So i'm gonna try and befriend him, and still drop compliments, slightly lingering hugs, and try to bump my hand into his whenever we walk next to each other. :grin:

-------
    TLDR: told him i could wait for some reason, realized i can't because nobody knows what the future holds, he sticks with his response, c'est la vie.