Ladies! Shaving: yes or no?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Greendalehumans, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Fiddledeedee

I shaved them -- dry -- for a little while, sporadically. Then I realised that it used a lot of razors and there wasn't any reason; it hampers your legs' self-regulation of temperature, and I was doing it for fear of being laughed at otherwise rather than to feel good myself. After I stopped, I was self-consious for a while about wearing anything that showed the hair on my legs, but now I have no problem with it. I almost always wear full-length trousers anyway.

2. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    :roflmao:

I've gotten worse and worse as time goes on about shaving.... Let's just say I'm going with the no shave November thing. :grin: Honestly though, in warm months, (which there are alot of in California) I shave about every week or every two weeks. The frequency in which I shave my legs has been dropping dramatically recently though. (lets just say because of the cold weather... lol) :/

3. Kat kanu

I hate body hair so yes I shave my legs and (other place) almost every day

4. Delta

Only if I'm forced by fancy occasions. *grumble grumble*

---------- Post added 13th Nov 2012 at 06:19 PM ----------

I don't mind girl body hair much. Girls are all soft and downy, usually. It's nice. And I like the look of trimmed much more than shaved, down there. To be honest, shaved lady parts just look gross to me. I mean, it looks like you're 10. And that's not sexy. At all. Eww. I like my women all woman. A little trimming keeps it from being itchy, affecting what you can wear, and being in the way during sex, so why get totally rid something that makes it so pretty? Just my opinion.

5. Eleanor Rigby

When I'm courageous, I wax. It's better because it lasts longer, but it takes time to do it. So I do that mostly in summer. During winter, I tend to shave my legs more. Usually twice a week because I'm going to the swimming pool and because I often wear woolen dresses with tights or leggings during the winter.

6. julia

I shave every single time I shower, winter or summer. I hate the feeling of any type of hair besides the hair on my head.

7. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

Right now its no-shave november, so I have an excuse. I'm pretty much the same as you though- I won't unless I have to. And I'm blonde, so it isn't very noticeable either. >_<

8. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes, I do, but mostly on occasion or when there's a need to. What I mean by need to is when I know I'll be going out with friends (which isn't often; I'm quite a loner haha). Even if I don't wear shorts, I like to play it safe and shave my legs before I meet up with my friends. During summer, I probably shave a little more often than in the winter, since I wear shorts more often. In the winter, I don't see the point of shaving often. I just do when I feel like it. From Through junior high school and high school, I basically had to shave every time the hairs starting growing out a little. I was in the basketball team and always in shorts, so it was crucial to stay shaved haha. I'm so glad that headache is now gone.

One thing that sounds irrational but is a worry of mine is that I somehow end up in the hospital when I haven't shaved my legs in a while. Like what if I got into a car accident or suddenly had an onset of appendicitis and was rushed to the hospital? What if they had to undress me to do surgery and saw that my legs weren't shaved? Lol...I would feel so embarassed...so that's one thing that keeps me motivated to shave my legs. :lol:

9. Greendalehumans

I think of that too!! I care less now, but I used to freak out about that. I've always sucked at shaving, though. I can never get my knees to be completely shaved and I always leave little leg mustaches by accident. So I'm just like what the heck, it's shaved enough for me. And since its winter I just don't shave at all.

10. Hazel

I'll shave during the summer or if I'm seeing someone, but otherwise I tend to leave it. I'm super-fuzzy, though, so sometimes I might just because it feels better.

11. kikudog6

I get a little lazy over the winter, but otherwise I do regularly

12. if its winter..... usually not as much, only what once a week if that haha. once every 2 weeks mostly, and if i want to wear a skirt in winter (yeah i know im mad) and i havent shaved my legs i just put thick tights on, no one can tell.... well no one has yelled 'oi i can see your hairy legs' at me yet so.... :grin:

13. tapsilog2012

tapsilog2012 Guest

I shave the bottom half of my legs and my underarms. I do a lot of hot yoga in a sports bra and basketball shorts so those parts are more visible. The upper part of my thighs the hair is blonde and sparser.

Obviously for a *special someone* I would groom my "area" but I havent met her yet :icon_wink

14. Bree

I hate body hair on myself. I don't like much hair on anyone else, either. Pubic hair is fine on anyone else. Guys can have some hair, but I'm NOT into the ones that look like bears.

I do shave between my legs. Part of the reason is that I tend to...umm...--drip--a lot, and the hair got dirty really fast. When it was completely clean, I didn't mind it, but I'm not washing there every couple of hours, thanks. And periods in pubic hair are fricking nasty.

Unfortunately I can't shave my legs right now as i got a small patch of ringworm on one leg from my kitten. Since it starts where the skin is broken I figure that the minute nicks in the skin from shaving would be a bad idea right now. That's probably how I got the patch in the first place.

And about the ringworm--it's gross and awful and makes me want to cry and if I knew any of you offline I wouldn't be admitting that. I'm a bit of a clean freak, which probably shows in my opinions on body hair, and I've never had to deal with this before.

15. TulipGirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I generally shave. Admittedly in the winter, when I wear pants (and pantyhose underneath my pants), I shave less often, but I'll shave when it gets out of hand.

16. Tycho

Yeah 90% of the time. Other 10% is from pure laziness. Also I don't shave the entire leg only to mid thigh as above there the hair is fine and I cbf doing it lol. If a gf asked me to go all the way I would though...

17. samizer0313

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    During the winter, nope. But anytime I want to wear dresses, skirts, etc. yes.
    Which reminds me, I need to in a few weeks... Greaaaaaaaaaaaaat.
    Also, I get hair on my belly and it bothers me sometimes so I shave it since I feel it is unnatural for girls to get belly hair and if somebody would see it, I would feel embarrassed...
    Other place? Noooooooooooo.

18. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I shave my legs during the summer but I don't during the winter.

19. cemma

I'm a rower so all winter I'm busting out those legs and Im just really not at all into my shaving over winter... The hair grows slower so it's hardly an issue. Usually I do it once in about 6 weeks but iin summer its a different story!

20. mes1995

Yes definitely, i like the way it feels/looks.I would prefer to wax though since it lasts longer.