Being Attracted to One's Own Type?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rakkaus, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hehe. Why so bro? And what's wrong if you like smart ones?

2. Kat kanu

I guess I like girls that love being girls with a bit of a tomboy mixed in we're talking one day im mini skirts then next in mud generally my build and height and spontaneous so yeah I guess I am attracted to girls like myself

3. Crassus

Crassus Guest

I'm slightly feminine with tomboyish tendencies mixed in, and I'm generally attracted to people who are slightly more feminine than myself, but not super girly.

4. TheSeeker

I am attracted to guys of a similar type, or at least the type I am when I care to be in shape. Not too short or tall, thin but not bony. Average really. I am also a sucker for green eyes, or really dark ones (mine are just blue). Also, I am not into really feminine guys, I am quite masculine myself and I don't mind a little femme but not too much.

As for my attraction to girls, I am a sucker for dark hair and dark eyes. medium to petite build. I am not turned on by huge breasts, I like being able to cup my hands around them. Not crazy feminine either, I am pretty outdoorsy and I need a girl who is willing to get dirty...

So not too feminine on both counts but not too masculine either. Guess it's part of being Bi...

5. Pain

Pain Guest

I am mostly attracted to people of a similar type to myself.

6. Hard Candy

Hard Candy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    When it comes to girls, I want them to be really girly. Though girls with a touch of tomboyish side can turn me on. And for boys, I want them to be masculine, I am not into feminine guys, no matter how good looking they are.

7. Tombgeek

Tombgeek Guest

Well, I identify with the "bear" culture and I'm attracted to other bears, so yeah, I'm attracted to my own type.

8. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ha I like the whole idea of "opposites attract" being broken because of same-sex couplings :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I dunno, personally I want to try and get more muscular and funny enough my type is I want to meet that guy, tall, dark, handsome, muscular (I'll take the body of Taylor Lautner if I'm being honest, or the ruggedness of Ryan Reynolds), and same time I want to have that type of body because it is what most attracts me. It's not that I don't appreciate other body types, hell all of my bfs except one have had some chub on them, I've never even dated someone with like a six pack or w/e). But I dunno I just feel like that is my type, but same time I want someone who kind of is like me in that they love video games, romantic comedies, sitcoms, etc. I want to be able to stay home at night and watch Big Bang Theory, etc with them and be happy just to do that rather than say going out and partying all freaking time.

9. madi

I'm not really attracted to any particular body type with girls. I like curvy, thin, average, athletic so idk. When it comes to their interests and a little with the way they dress though I tend to be attracted to girls similar to me.

10. Sexagenarian

"What I'm working on right now is to find more people attractive,"

The older I get, the more guys I find attractive. So I think that your field of interest may expand naturally with time.

11. Kidd

Kidd Guest

Attracted to guys that are bigger/stockier than me, they don't have to be muscular, just bigger, almost exclusively. I'm on the thin side, I couldn't date someone as thin as me or thinner.

12. Lad123

Possibly. I'm really slim and have some muscles but no matter what, I just can't seem to gain any weight. I think I have a medical condition or something. I prefer slim to medium builds on guys, a bit of muscle doesn't hurt but its not necessary. Chubby/overweight guys don't do it for me. Really macho guys with bulging muscles don't do it for me either.

13. jsmurf

Kewl!

<---- ego/confidence boost.

14. Flron

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For me, women, that is easy. My wife is a red head and that is part of what attracted me to her. I also like Asian women which my wife does not understand, hehe. When it comes to guys the only thing I can say for sure is red heads seam to hold the most interest for me. I have not found a certain body type but I know its not the bulky musical bound guys. It just doesn't do anything for me. About as close as I can get right now is the average joe.

15. mes1995

I'm feminine and i only like feminine girls, I'm lean/skinny and mainly attracted to lean or athletic looking women.This thread reminds me of a quote i read "We either love or hate people that are very similar to ourselves" lol.I think there should kinda be a happy medium,not too similar or different.If you're too similar it can get boring, if you're too different it can cause arguments.

16. jargon

Do same-sex relationships with people of the "opposite" type actually work out often? I have a much harder time imagining that, to be honest.

When you're similar types you're more likely to have similar interests, behavior patterns, ways of living, etc. I've known some really effeminate gay guys who I liked personally and found attractive, but who were so different than me on that scale that I worried we couldn't be compatible.

17. Bree

I'm not attracted to my type in the slightest. I fall straight into the dom/sub categories as the sub, and I like being small and slender but want my partner to be physically and mentally more imposing. I also like curves on women but not on myself. Someone too much my equal is a conscious turn off, actually.

18. Monmon

Monmon Guest

It would be really neat to date a guy who shares most of my interest it would be like a best friend and boyfriend in one.

19. Hexagon

Being attracted to another aromantic ace. Now that would be a joke.