Newest the walking dead.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Alexander69, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Emberblaze

DAMNIT I CAN NEVER ESCAPE THIS PICTURE XD :roflmao:

Anyways, good episode. I like the insight we got on Michonne because the comics didn't rreally go that deep into it, not that I know of. And when she found Rick and Michonne, I teared up :thumbsup:

2. ThePhoenix

My favorite parts of that episode were with michonne her killing spree and when she found Rick and Carl.

3. Simple Thoughts

It was nice getting a deeper insight to Michonne. My favorite part was when Carl almost got eaten by that one zombie. I like Carl as a character, but it's nice to see a character get a reality check every once in awhile especially since he was being a bit cocky for the first half of the episode.

4. RandomMatt

If they seriously kill off Carol by the end of the season, there'll be hell to pay. She would've been the third main female protagonist the writers royally screwed over, after Lori and Andrea.

5. Simple Thoughts

Poor Andrea :frowning2:

I liked her character, but that makes me glad that she died in a way. I appreciate any show that's willing to follow 'what would happen' over 'only kill who's the least popular'. It helps create that emotion that the characters feel when a character people are attached to die. So while I liked Andrea it was probably for the best to help generate the feeling for the audience that the characters in the show surely felt. I'm just waiting, half-curious if the writers will ever dare to the have the gulls to kill Daryl. I doubt it though, they'd lose three-fourths of the fan base if they did. At the same time, I bet that episode would literally bring people to tears. We'll just have to see.

6. ThePhoenix

Well Loris death was in the comics and Andreas wasn't but the show has kinda became its own thing and I don't mind that but when the show keeps going back and forth to its own version of the story and killing characters I like and than following the comics and doing the same thing. But yeah I really enjoyed it when zombie almost got Carl but got his shoe instead and he wrote on the door.

7. Emberblaze

I remember an article saying that the writers take every "dare to kill Daryl off" as a challenge and that the fans are going to be the ones to kill him off if they keep it up. Heh, with that being said, Daryl IS my favorite character and I nearly pooped myself when i thought he was gonna die last season (which I think was the writers' warning saying they aren't afraid to do it). III personally wouldn't stop watching the show, though I know some just might, but eh. If I can make it through Hershel theeeen....

8. Simple Thoughts

I don't know that much about the comics. I know of them, but I've never been able to get ahold of them.

---------- Post added 11th Feb 2014 at 05:08 PM ----------

That's good. I like Daryl. Not quite the same extent as everyone else, but he is definitely one of the better characters on the show. No questions there. I'm happy that they'd not sacrifice the realism and the story for mass appeal. I appreciate any show willing to take chances and be bold to keep the story alive.

9. RandomMatt

I've been under the belief for a while now that they killed her solely because of the fact that her Season 3 storyline (and partly her Season 2 storyline) had garnered such negative attention from the press and fans alike. They could've easily worked on improving her arc and making her redeemable/likable again for the audience, but....nope, apparently they just didn't want to take any risks and instill even a tiny semblance of confidence in the audience. Probably the same reason why they haven't offed Daryl yet (it's a shame because, IMO, he's had extremely little to offer post-Season 2)

10. Simple Thoughts

Daryl offers a bit. We're gonna see him shine all over again now that they're out of the prison. He works best in this type of situation. He's good for getting through woods, finding things, and just generally helping you keep alive. I wonder if they ever will kill him off. I think so, but it'll be awhile I'm sure. If I were them I'd hang onto his death for a season finale.

11. RandomMatt

I know I probably should be excited by that, but honestly, I'm convinced right now that it'll just be a basic rehash of his Season 2 story. Oh no, look out, he's gone down a dark path, only to successfully recover some episodes later by the miracle of love and family.

I'd love it if that didn't happen though of course. In fact I think I'd have a new-found appreciation for these writers. At this point however, through all the Daryl idolizing (both on and off-screen), I just very much doubt anything long-term will happen that might upset all his fangirls.

12. Simple Thoughts

Well hopefully they don't go that route. Personally I'd like to see a more realistic idea. Maybe something of a self-reliance idea. After what he'd probably perceive as his confidence in Rick's 'save the day' ability being compromised he's wondering if he can even rely on him anymore. He already knows he's a badass anways, then in comes Carol from wherever she's been hiding. So they could do a crossroads thing where he either chooses to keep relying on Rick or rely on himself and run off with Carol. That'd be interesting.

13. gracymay

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm starting to hope Rick is killed off when everyone 'finds each-other' again after the prison/governor thing. I'd love to see how Carl deals with it.

14. Simple Thoughts

That'd suck for their group. Rick is their 'Oh Shit' button.

15. RandomMatt

Is anyone else kinda annoyed by Tara so far? IMO, she's literally offered nothing aside from being a walking lesbian cliche. Seriously, with the forced fist-bumping and whatnot, it's just.....uggghh. It doesn't help that the actress herself isn't too great.

Now her sister Lilly on the other hand is great and I'm hoping we see a lot more of her. She's multi-layered and played by an infinitely better actress.

16. Gallatin

Carol! Tara! Lil' ass-kicker!

Happy to see them all alive. But that Lizzie girl... whoa. She's the budding psychopath of the group, it seems.

I'm particularly pleased that Tara is still alive, and that she's now teamed up with Glenn. I'd like to see her become part of the group eventually.

17. Kreiger

Is it bad that my dad and I cracked up once Lizzie started smothering the baby?

18. The Escapist

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, lol. It's a show, it was weird. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I like your avatar by the way.

So, I'm so glad that Glenn managed to once again survive another day. And that Tara is alive, although I wish Alisha was too. They were cute, and I liked them.
    So sad.

I miss Andrea, I wish she was still in the show. :tears:
    I feel like I keep liking all the ones people sort of hate. Andrea, Tara, Carl... I even liked Lori a little. I don't believe any of them deserve the hate they get. And everyone loves it when they do anything I don't like. :/
    Sigh.

19. Emberblaze

Okay, honestly, I kiiiindaaaaa wasn't liking the fact that lil Ass Kicker is still alive... Heheh i think it took away from the severity of what the group is going through. I got nothin against Ass Kicker now!

GLAD to see Carol back though, thats good stuff! Can't wait to see her and Daryl reunited (hopefully, right)

Buuuuut, as messed up as this sounds, I'm kinda expecting/hoping that Lizzie will stage a lil accident for Judith. Jeeeez I sound horrible don't I XD I'm sorry, I jus didn't expect her to survive. In my mind, she was dead and supposed to be dead.

Buuut, we'll see heheh.

20. Ruthven

Lizzie's a monster like seriously wtf is wrong with her. I mean yeah, the baby was fucking obnoxious as hell and I wanted to put some duct tape on her mouth--but to straight up suffocate her? Alex is right she is gonna become a total psychopath.

And was anyone else annoyed by Beth? Like I don't know she was just really annoying and overly optimistic in a really irritating way. Poor Daryl, of all the people to be stuck with. :lol: ---And I think a part of it is the actress, cause honestly I don't think she's as good as the others....

I'm glad Carol's back. :icon_mrgr

And I only watched a part of Talking Dead, but did any one else notice how Tara's actress when she was talking about the character and how she's lost her sister and niece (I think). But the other girl who got killed (Alisha?) was never mentioned. I thought that was like, omitting them and their relationship, which is messed up. Or am I wrong and they mentioned it later at some point?

oh and I thought the promos and all that totally ruined the scene with Maggie trying to find out if Glenn's in the bus and a zombie. Cause we see him alive in the promo stuff so yeah...it would've been more suspenseful if they didn't show him, cause then I wouldnt have really known if he was dead or not.

#140 Ruthven, Feb 16, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014