1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On A Downward Spiral

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Thandrami, Oct 29, 2012.

1. Thandrami

I came out to everyone in June. I was so sure I was gay. Over the past few weeks I have been on a horrible downward spiral. Everyday I question myself. Always asking myself the what if questions (e.g. What if I am not gay?, what if I did it too soon?, Am I even ready?)

I hate this. It is affecting everything in my life. I'm skipping classes because I no longer have to motivation to go. I am miserable at work (doesn't help that my managers are a******s), I've lost contact with my friends. I just don't know what to do. I just can't get into that mental state of accepting myself. I just can't. I always feel like there is something wrong with me. I just don't know what to do anymore.

2. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

Sometimes it takes a long time, but you will come to terms with yourself. Just stay focused on other things in life and things will fall into place.

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps, you should try meeting new friends and it wouldn't hurt to talk to a therapist. Once I accepted myself, I made friends, started dating, which made me more confident. Hang in there, these things take time, just know that you're not alone. Try going for a walk, you're in Vegas...the weather should be great. If possible try spending time with family and friends. Mine usually help me a ton just by treating me the same. Although I do feel different, but it's cool. I've adjusted pretty well, if I can do it then you can too. Just think positive and stay in good thoughts.

#3 pinklov3ly, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  4. Thandrami

Its a little too chilly outside for me (I really don't like the cold so from 70 degrees below i get really cold). As for talking to my family I don't even know. I told my dad that I was gay but I honestly don't think it has "clicked" for him. He is always making comments about me getting with women. My stepmom never talks about it either. My mom said she was super proud of me but she doesn't really ever mention it either. My brother is the one who brings it up the most but even then its far and few in between. I don't think they would understand.

I don't do well in social situations so meeting friends is hard for me. I get very shy and just do the whole small talk thing. Which will last for a couple of minutes then i just stop talking

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    70° is cold to you?! Hmm...it's 50° where I am :frowning2: :lol:

I'm sorry to hear that, but my family doesn't really mention anything about me being gay either. And my Mom occasionally mentions guys, some are nice looking, but that's all it is. I'm not sure if my Mom thinks I'm going to marry a guy some day, so maybe she is in denial. Although, she knows about the woman I'm dating. Try joining a dating site, first I started going out with friends from school to bars to get comfortable around people. Then a friend recommended that I join a dating site and I've been lucky so far. I'm usually shy, but I'm not getting any younger, so I force myself to do things. It usually works for me, but relax, I know it's not easy.

#5 pinklov3ly, Oct 29, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2012