1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hand holding/kissing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ringu20, Oct 19, 2012.

1. ringu20

Do you hold hand and kiss your partner in public? Were you bullied when did you do that before?

2. jaysuss

When I was dating a girl because I was trying to change my sexuality we made out all the time in school.

3. Pat

Pat

Ewww lol. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I actually don't like public displays of affection. I don't like the idea of someone hanging all over me either lol.. I'm big on personal space and being conservative in public. It would be the same if I liked women also.

4. ringu20

Don't you even hold your bf?

5. jaysuss

I don't like women lol

6. ShnugglyWumpkin

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't kiss my boyfriend in public usually. It's not that I don't want to, or because it's frowned upon, but I don't normally like watching people kiss so I don't do it. There's nothing wrong with quick pecks on the cheek or mouth, though. We do hold hands sometimes, but I'm a fair bit taller than him so it's kind of hard in that way.

7. Pat

Pat

When the times call for it, sure, I would. I just don't feel the need to display it to the public. I mean, I guess if we were trying to prove a point we would but I would prefer our relationship to be conservative. That being said, i'm big on flirting. So that would be ongoing most likely.

8. Xeno

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to hold hands with my (now ex) boyfriend, but we never kissed in public, mostly because I was still in the closet.

9. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not yet, because I don't have one, and yes I would hold hands in public, although not kiss, except for maybe a greeting or goodbye peck.

And I would only do either of these things while open carrying.

10. redstormrising

we hold hands all the time in public. we kiss in public too, but not like making out type kissing. and no, we've never been bullied or even had one negative thing said to us

11. aeva

Hand holding is totally fine. Quick kisses are ok when not in the presence of authority figures like parents, family, teachers, bosses, etc. I think there are special circumstances that allow for a more passionate kiss in public (somebody returning from/leaving for the army, leaving for college, engagements/weddings). Maybe not a full on make-out session, but something more romantic than just a peck...

For the most part, I think that type of stuff should be left indoors. I don't want to see other people trying to stick their tongues down each other's throats, so why would they want to see me do it (unless they're straight guys of course)?

12. livinglifefree

My gf and I hold hands and cuddle in public. I am not much for kissing in public either. It has nothing to do with us being a lesbian couple though. I just think it should be private. We have not been bullied, but we have gotten a few dirty looks from older men. I do live in the Bible Belt though so it is to be expected. For the most part, people don't care. There are always going to be a few that do though. You just have to learn to ignore them.

13. Olivier

If I had a bf I would totally kiss/hold his hand in public...fuck the haters:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I would make a point and I would get people more used to homosexuality:slight_smile:

14. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    On the rare occasion I do have a BF, most of the time THEY didn't want to, but I have and I've had people give us looks but never said anything....which is good, ya know, for them. Cause I have this slight anger management issue and let's just say....I'd take it all out on them

:badgrin:

15. Owen

In Loving Memory Full Member

That's exactly how I feel about it, too. :slight_smile:

16. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've never had a relationship, only made out with guys/girls at parties. But, if I was in a relationship, I don't see any problem with kissing in public. It's a free country. If I see two people kissing each other in public, well.. I don't really know what to say. It just doesn't bother me in the slightest. They're not directly affecting anyone else by doing it. If they want to, why try and oppress them? I see no problems with it whatsoever.

17. Brenny

Hold hands? Yes yes yes. I'm a hand holder. I've grown up with my parents holding hands all the time so it is just ingrained in me.

Kiss? Even if I was straight, a quick hello/goodbye kiss would be it. Passionate kissing and stuff. . . Just go get a room, you know where that is heading anyway.

18. HatterMad

Yes. We held hands, held each other, kissed, and made out...BUT we were in what would be the "gay" side of town.

Sumtimes we still got rude remarks, but more often we had people cheer us on or try to pick us up.
    :rolle:

19. Ashley

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have held hands with other girls before but then I was bullied because of it so I don't really display affection publicly anymore

20. Linthras

Linthras Guest

^This ^ I find it hard to understand what people find wrong about other people kissing in public.
    I mean it's not like they're having sex in front of you or anything.
    A kiss, even French, can be purely romantical.