1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Many of You Legitimately Want To Adopt Kids?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gen, Oct 15, 2012.

1. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If my girlfriend wants to adopt kids, then I would be open to the idea. I would not want to adopt on my own though.

2. Silver Sparrow

I think I want to adopt, but I'm not sure.

3. Messed Up

Messed Up Guest

Me. Since I was a little boy I wanted to adopt (but I want kids of my own blood as well). I know my children’s names and everything.

4. foundthlight357

Out Status:
    A few people
    I want to adopt. I am also in love with a woman has two kids, so I'd want to legally adopt them. I also like the idea of us having artificial insemination at the same time and being pregnant together- I guess just because its something that's never been done before and I think going through all the motions together could bring us closer. Or we'd both be so hormonal we'd end up killing each other. That's probably more likely.

But yes, I have always wanted to adopt because I know the feeling of not being wanted and I hate to think of all the kids who feel that way. I want to adopt them all and tell them they are LOVED! I don't understand why people spend so much time, money, and stress on trying to create a child when they are barren or gay or whatever when there are kids that are desperate for someone-anyone, gay or not- to love them enough to want to share their lives with them.

5. ameliawesome

i can't say that it's something i absolutely must do in my life, but if i am ever going to raise a child it will be through adoption (or if i fall for a woman who already has kids). i've always been open to giving a loving home to anyone/anything that needs one. it could have something to do with growing up with a sister who is biologically my cousin. it could just be in my nature. i met my dog at my aunt's house one thanksgiving and took him home with me. it honestly hurts to think about all of the children (and other animals, just saying) who are without a family, who are waiting for somebody to adopt them, or even children who do have a family but deserve so much better. i've said for years that if somebody were to hand me a baby and say, "here, i don't want this, you take it," i totally would. i'm great with kids. i've also given thought to foster care (far into the future, right now i'm still living with my own parents :rolle:slight_smile:, or whatever other kinds of temporary home situations there may be.

6. HatterMad

I want to adopt. Even if I'm single...and I'd hope that a partner I'd be with long-term would want to, also.

I'd like to adopt older kids.

I think I would rather they NOT be a part of me or my family, even...and there's so many kids out there who need a home.

7. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I wouldn't want to illegitimately adopt kids, would I? :lol:

Seriously, though, I want kids, but it would depend on which gender I end up with, whether I adopt them or not. If I ended up with a guy I would have biological children with him.

8. Bolin

Noooooooooooooooooooooooot me. My family is extremely large, and of my cousins, I'm one of the older ones, so I've been stuck with babysitting duty more often than not through most of my life. Doesn't help that I have a sister 10 years younger than me...

Anyways, the point is, I've been around children so much in my life that it made me realize that I have a low tolerance for them and that I really don't want children. xD

9. myheartincheck

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hmmm as weird as it sounds I don't think about this much. Probably because after I realized my attraction for women I was really ashamed and gave up on the idea because I knew I'd get hell from family/others for adoption if I had a same sex partner. I haven't even thought about biological children or getting pregnant for a long time lol I think maybe if I'm single I wouldn't mind adopting later on down the road. Help out a good kid if I can financially/mentally/emotionally.

Course I still haven't completely accepted my sexuality, so I'll likely have different views on this later. People are always telling me I'd be a good mom but I don't know... and my sister is having a baby boy soon and she hints at me cuz she doesn't know my sexual orientation lol

10. Vesper

I do want to adopt kids eventually; more specifically, I would like to adopt orphaned girls from mainland China. I haven't given a lot of thought as to whether I would ever want biological children, whether from my own genetic material or that of my hypothetical future same-sex partner (or both if the process of making sperm out of women's cells can become a viable option for female same-sex partners).

11. Greendalehumans

I'm young, so obviously this can change :slight_smile:

But I wan to adopt kids :slight_smile:
    I don't necessarily want them to be babies or newborns etc when I adopt, though. I don't know. I'm only 16 so I really don't know.

By adoption sounds nice :slight_smile: and I know a family that has adopted two kids at my church and I love those kids :slight_smile: they're great.

12. waitingfordawn

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Nope. No children, ever. Not interested.

13. Andbenz0189

i think i'd want to have one of my own blood, if i have any more children they'd be adopted though. this world has way too many people, but i do want to pass my genes on just in case.

14. Crassus

Crassus Guest

I don't really know that I ever want kids, but if I did, I would definitely adopt. I would be giving a home to a child who may not have one otherwise.
    Another reason I prefer adoption is that in same sex relationships, only one parent can be the biological parent, which I think would be unfair. It would create a situation in which one parent is the more "real" parent than the other.

15. ClassicRock

Ever see The Town? That's my town. Charlestown.
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Me. And I don't even like kids, but I'd like themmif they were my own. And there is NO WAY I'm pushing something out of me.
    Besides, I'm adopted, given not to a gay couple. You could just make someones life so much better

16. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i have sworn to myself on moral grounds never to produce biological children. I would happily adopt, if i were with a partner who wanted children.

17. spectrumsigner

I definitely want to adopt!! I don't want bio kids.

18. Jim1454

That's what I thought when I read the title of the thread...

Between my husband and I we already have 4 kids - and at 41 and 42 neither of us is interested is having any more. (Some days I'd like to give my own away! :tantrum:slight_smile:

19. FollowtheFreeman

I would love to be a biological father, but I'd also love adopting a child. Of course if I do end up in a fully committed relationship with a man, the first option is out the window. But if I end up with a women I would like to adopt and have my own child (preferably a girl, I've always wanted a daughter).

20. Friendly ghost

I'd love to have kids someday. I just hope I'll have a long term partner who also wants kids. I'd also have to have some long term stability so I could gaurentee to give them a decent life. I would probably adopt, because I wouldn't want to use a surrogate.

Although I've always thought I'd really like to have a child with my genes. Honestly, it would be really nice to easily relate, since all the males in my family have similar personalities and sense of humor. But a big part of the want, and not to be vain, but because they'd have a far better chance of being at least somewhat intelligent. I would love my kid equally regardless of how they are, but I would prefer to have a sweet nerd then a jock. lol.