Stuffed animals (comfort objects)

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Fugs, Oct 6, 2012.

1. bubblyhappy

bubblyhappy Guest

I still sleep with my teddy and some of my stuffed toys.
    without them I can't sleep. they also keep me snug and warm.

2. LightningRider

I personally don't think it's a problem but then I am biased ;P
    I have slept with a stuffed animal toy for most of my life.
    I've actually had a few. Two monkeys, a penguin and the most recent is a sheep.
    :grin:
    (My sheep's name is Brick)

I think it's better to have some form of comfort than none.
    I'd hate to not have some way of coping when I'm upset or need a cuddle. :slight_smile:

3. xXPsychedelicXx

I have a toy moose. His name is Cocoa. Cocoa the Chocolate Moose. :grin:

4. im not changing

im 16 and still have a teddy called bugsy and a blanket :slight_smile:

5. aeva

I'm almost 21 and have slept with my seal (named Seal, shockingly) practically every night since I was one. The only times I can remember being without him is when I'd throw up on him as a kid and he had to get cleaned. He has soaked up more tears than I could possibly count, and was my companion through a lot of tough times. I don't care if other people judge me for it- he's very special to me and always will be.

He stays in my bed while I'm at school/work (my cat will occasionally snuggle with him while I'm out, it's very cute), but I definitely start to panic and sometimes cry when I can't find him before going to bed (I manage to send him halfway across the room in my sleep sometimes, although he always starts the night out underneath my arm).

6. whitwhit82

I'm 30 years old and I sleep with "Foff Bankie" EVERY single night. It's my baby blanket that my mom brought me home from the hospital in. I started therapy a little over a year ago, dealing with issues from sexual abuse as a child and sexual assualt as an adult. A month or so into therapy, I told my therapist about it and asked her opinion. My family always made an issue out of it, saying I was way too old to be sleeping with such a thing. My therapist saw nothing wrong with it. She understood that I had been severely traumatized and didn't think sleeping with something that brought me comfort was a problem. I brought my blanket in to show her the next session. After that, I bring it with me EVERY time I go. It helps to have it with me in therapy and makes talking a little easier. If I ever go out of town or overnight somewhere, Foff goes with me. I don't take her anywhere else, only because it was important to me to know I could go without her. But that was a personal preference. And if something traumatic happens in the future, I can't say that I won't let her pal around with me if I need her to. :slight_smile:

7. Minamimoto_Fan

I sometimes sleep with a giraffe my mom got me when I had to have a cryoablasion done to fix my SVT. I was "too old" for it then, and definately am now, but I find it comforting to cuddle with something if I'm depressed, worried, or scared

8. Torii

I think that ur attachment is cool ^-^
    I have TONS of stuffed animals, so it's hard to get attached to just one but I do have 1 that is really important to me and his name is Squid (sadly he's actually a sea turtle XD) but I love him alot and he is my main comfort item for when I'm scared or sad (I depend on my stuffed animals alot cause I didn't really have friends when I was little :frowning2:
    Anyway I also have a bear that is named Nikka (which is Choctaw for bear :3) I have had Nikka since I was a baby and so when I'm feeling lonely or abandoned I'll get Squid and Nikka and then just sit under my baby blankie until I feel better again ^-^

9. Crassus

Crassus Guest

There is a teddy bear that I have had since birth, and I still sleep with him to this day. His presence is very comforting to me, so I totally understand. I think it is a good idea to take ze to therapy, if ze will help make you more comfortable.

10. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I wouldn't be too worried. A friend of mine had his bunny rabbit with basically the fur rubbed off of it from years of use. And he's 24.

11. Valarie

Valarie Guest

i do like stuffed animals and sleep with them my whole life

i was kind of like Linus, always had a "bienkie" (small blanket)
    always had it with me till i was going to go to middle school, well at least at home, going out with it was only until i was 6 (still have it, just in a box)

12. shorty99

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hey I'm 26 and have several stuffed animals(comfort objects) that are with me at all times. Some stay at home, others in my car and one for work. It helps me stay calm. I have stuffed otters and penguins and a stuffed dog at home. A beaded penguin and stuffed blue M&M in the car. And Brian from family guy in the banana suit hanging in my work truck. No body questions them. My ex had pokemon stuffed animals that would be in bed with us every night along with my stuffed animals.

13. Otaku2014

im the same way only I named my dog puppy and zi is gender neutral

14. Otaku2014

also I cant sleep if I don't have my comfort items (blankie,puppy,maddie and sometimes I suck my thumb if im really upset or tired)