How Old?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Stories' started by rmf, Oct 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. everett

2. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

My friends have found out gradually ever since my first year of high school. I'm actually not even sure how many people in my school are aware of my sexuality, so I can't call myself fully out yet. It's a mostly tolerant environment so that's never been much of an issue for me thankfully. I'll usually be comfortable telling anyone who asks me, even if I don't know them that well.

3. Crassus

Crassus Guest

I'm 20, and I've just now have come to terms with it myself. It goes without saying that I am not out.

4. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

I think I knew at 11.. but I didn't come out until 12, almost 13, my mom used to constantly question me, and I always wondered if she knew before I did, and I guess she did. After that, after all the times she asked, I finally have it in me to say yes, and that was around age 12. Then, By 13, I was out to everyone at school. My dad didn't know until like, I forgot when, I think last year, because I had issues with him, he didn't talk to me for like 8 years, so I had to adjust first before saying anything. When I had to move on to high school, I told everyone the first day, and everyone knew, and in this school, being gay isn't a big deal at all, most people in my school are either gay or bi, so it's a normal thing, which I was happy about. But, that was besides the point. I came out at 12 to mom, 13 to middle school people, 14 to high school people, and 15 to dad, and that was it.

5. CalebCael

Let me see... There had been heavy signs during middle school and small signs before that. In middle school and part of freshman year I was in fierce denial about it. Somewhere in freshman year I came to terms with it and it was really tough at that point. I'm in sophomore year now, perfectly comfortable with myself and open to a large number of people. ~

6. My age now (16), I've been coming out recently.

7. NickD

I started coming out about about 6 months ago, so when I was 22.

8. LiquidSwords

Finally came to to terms with being gay about a year ago age 20.

Told someone for the first time about a month ago age 21.

I feel like such an idiot for not doing all this 5-6 years ago :bang:

9. Mykayla

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hopefully 14, if I ever get the guts to.

10. beccs

beccs Guest

I think I started to figure things out when I was 12 and 13. By the time I was 14 I knew for sure. And, now at 15 one person knows as of.... oh, two days ago! :slight_smile:

11. whitwhit82

I'm a late bloomer. I'm just now coming to terms with it at 30 and I'm hoping to start coming out soon. I'm terrified and it might take me some time, but I know I'm going to feel so much better when I do. I feel like I have a lot of time to catch up on, since I've spent so many years in denial about it with myself.

12. Lark

Lark Guest

I figured that I might not be completely straight age 14 and within a few months told my LGBT friend, which I almost instantly regretted as I am not close to her and I'm worried she might tell people (I think at the time I just wanted someone to talk to)

I waited a few months, then told my best friend. I'm almost fifteen now and I have yet to tell anyone else.

13. YourThornyRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I started coming out earlier in this school year (I'm 14, and a freshman in high school).

14. 101DeadRoses

I'm thirteen now... I think I figured it out at about...eight? That long ago? Wow. I only came out to my mom when I was eleven or so, I'm not sure.

15. RainbowMan

This thread is now 18 months old....please start a new one if their's interest in the topic....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.