Heavy Metal, and Being Queer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by everett, Sep 28, 2012.

1. EscapeArtist

I don't know how much of my musical bias is linked to my sexual preference, but metal has been a part of me my whole life. I'm very passionate about the genre. I think people, especially those in the LGBT community, struggle to attach an identity to themselves. Regardless, I feel these are separate parts of my personality.

2. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    metal has always been a passion of mine for as long as i know, being gay and a metalhead seems a bit weird for other but i guess most people won't understand that it's just a part of who we are. the way i see it, we face twice the discrimination but got twice as the support. i do agree with the statement that people who are into more extreme, or deeply involved with heavy metal are much more supportive than the ones who are just into the "mainstream" bands.

3. FrozenFae

I used to hang with the goths and oldschool punks when I was in high school. They were, hands down, THE most intelligent, understanding and kindhearted clique I knew. Plus, I got introduced to some awesome music like Bauhaus, Depeche Mode, The Clash and Lou Reed.

Sad to say though the most homophobic cliques in my high school were the rap people (go figure, like that's a big shock) and the mainstream metal heads (those that listened to stuff like Slipknot, Korn and Gwar)

So I have always gotten along with the subgroups of metal people like goths...just not so much the mainstream ones. Very dumbass alpha male jock mentality it seems....

4. ArcticPixie

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Being a part of the Punk scene I can safely say it is a VERY open minded community.

I dress Pop Punk! Pop punks not dead!

5. SimplyJay

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm a metal fan as well..have been since sometime in highschool (which was quite awhile ago)

6. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    well all i gotta say is i'm glad i'm not the only one that's gay and into heavy metal