1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only lesbians put their hands in their pockets?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by musikk021, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Browncoat

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Over the past 15 years or so there has been a substantial flow of research showing that sex-atypical biological and behavioral features are absolutely correlated with a self-identification of being gay or bisexual. Sure, you can claim some abstract thing like selection bias occurred in the research, but the fact that the same results have been reproduced so many times over makes me doubt such an abstract claim being valid.

That being said, it's just a correlate; by no means is it a "light-switch" indicator. If you see a girl walking around with her hands in her pockets, or a guy with highly expressive facial features or whatnot, all it should really do is make you go "hmm, I wonder..." 'Cause the statistical chances of their being non-heterosexual goes up, but not to 100% :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. musikk021

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'll take that :thumbsup: Haha. Any chance that they're not completely straight is good enough...total hopelessness sucks.

3. NicoleV96

NicoleV96 Guest

So if I take my hands out of my pockets, I'll be straight?

4. fleetingwells

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Lol I already do this. I didn't notice until I started going to college and I had the same thought that the OP had, "I put my hands in my back pockets quite often, and I wonder if people notice something about it when I do that." Of course, that's just weird thinking, and I can understand there being a correlation with being a lesbian and what not. But I don't think there's much to it, really. It doesn't really improve my gaydar, tbh.

5. Caoimhe Fayre

:roflmao:

ps - I sometimes do put my hands in my pockets and sometimes don't. but I'm definitely gay 100% of the time :wink:

#25 Caoimhe Fayre, Sep 23, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  6. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

:roflmao: i'm so guilty of this! ah, well, I get more stereotypical every day :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: jk haha

7. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I walk with a cane so I need to have at least one hand free, and I usually have too much stuff in my pockets to put the other hand in. So I don't do it.

8. ameliawesome

Lol even though there's simply no way that is a proven, credible method for detecting lesbians, I will admit that I 97% of the time walk with my hands in my pockets. Well, mostly just my thumbs.

9. dreamcatcher

lol i don't really do that at all actually. Well unless it's cold outside then I put my hands in my pocket. I failed at this test haha.

10. musicgeek13

musicgeek13 Guest

Guilty! The more I pay attention to it, the more I realize that I fulfill almost every lesbian stereotype. It's a wonder people haven't caught on :icon_wink

11. highlights

haha! I am so guilty of this, I always walk with my hands in my pockets XD I evem freak out if my clothes don't have pockets and I get all "where am I supposed to put my hands?!?!" haha

12. RueBea85

RueBea85 Guest

I do it all the time, lol. I do wear men's jeans and they have deeper pockets, so it's a lot easier to have my hands in my pockets :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. aeva

I've heard that too, and it may be true to some extent. I think it's one point in the gay column if you're trying to figure out a girl's sexuality, but I wouldn't base your entire assumption off of it.

14. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I walk around with my hands in my pockets all the time. I doubt that this is a good indicator of sexuality though..

15. lostinparadise

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is just a reply based on what you asked... And I don't mean to generalise or offend anyone O_O but I have noticed that my one lesbian friend does that all the time. I don't think she does it because she is a lesbian, she is just a 'hands in pockets' kinda person :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

16. SheWhoHasNoName

I find it to be terribly awkward so I never do it unless I'm wearing a sweater.

17. J Snow

Attached Files:

18. Pexetta

Asinine perhaps, but a source of useful knowledge.

19. Tiny Catastrophe

My girlfriend generally doesn't wear pants or shorts with pockets and when she has I've never seen her put her hands in her pockets but she is DEFINITELY a lesbian. She practically runs around screaming it otherwise you really wouldn't be able to tell at all. She's extremely girly and feminine looking.

20. ArtSaves

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow, i've never heard about that before, but now that I think about it, I do that a lot! Still, I don't think this is something reliable