1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paris Hilton recorded blasting gay men

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by Pseudojim, Sep 20, 2012.

1. everett

Words fail me on how to even comment on this.

2. J Snow

I don't really care what Paris Hilton thinks, but in my opinion it seems her words were taken out of context.

3. Shevanel

I'm guessing none of you have said anything stupid and politically incorrect before in the privacy of your friends. She was secretly recorded. She made a shitty joke. I really couldn't give a shit about Paris Hilton, but everyone is acting like she's making a statement about her beliefs of all gay people. Secretly Recorded. In a Car. With her friend.

4. Markio

I don't care much for Paris Hilton because she doesn't seem to do anything worthwhile or remarkable. Do her words in this context really make an impact on society in any way? Does she really have that much control on how others think about gay people?

5. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the comments sound more ignorant than outright offensive. I am not going to state whether I think she was in the right or wrong, but the way journalism is these days the story could have easily been twisted.

6. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

I agree with chip, I believe she was referring to those who use apps for random sex with strangers, and how unsafe and seedy it is to do that with someone who you might not know has an std

And tbh I don't find it hard to believe if the taxi driver was trying to ruin her reputation as there is always people out there trying to ruin others, so I think I'll take Paris Hilton's side of the story as it sounds more credible than one by the random taxi driver

I would also like to add that a lot of people seem to jumping to the conclusion that she said that, just because they don't like her, I understand this may be a chance to get at her if you don't like her, but to be honest I don't believe there is enough evidence to show that she was referring to all the gay community and I find it hard to believe if she was

---------- Post added 21st Sep 2012 at 04:17 PM ----------

Thing is I really do believe that she was just referring to certain types that are only out for random unprotected sex in shady places. You seem to have also twisted her words by saying she said "will all die of AIDS", she didn't say the word all, just little things like that makes this into a game of broken telephone where the final product is taken out of context and the words exaggerated to make everything seem more dramatic. I honestly think the topic of Paris Hilton making one comment which who knows what could have meant and people being so enraged is a rather silly topic , but I'm just annoyed that everyone is jumping on the conclusion to bash her and call her names, if we did that, would we be any better than our oppressors?

#26 Witchcraft, Sep 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2012
  7. HunterN95

Nevermind. I looked back at her original quotes and she did seem quite homophobic, and was talking about homosexuals specifiacally. :/

8. Emberstone

since when has she been considered a 'great thinker'?

But I do think she has the right to sue the taxi driver for recording her, that is a clear invasion of privacy.

but she still is a mindless bimboslut.

9. LailaForbidden

I have one thing to say: Who gives a fuck?

10. everett

There we go. That's the words I was looking for.

11. Bradley James

"Paris Hilton" and "great thinker" are oxymorons IMO

Also, if anyone is going to die of AIDS or other STI's... it'll be her...

12. Emberstone

As lisa lammpinelli put it: "of course Paris would be caught with cocaine in her purse; it is the only drug one uses while lookng in a mirror!"

13. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Hilton didn't specify any particular segment of gay people, she didn't say she was just talking about gay guys who do lots of risky hookups...she flat-out said "Gay guys are the horniest people in the world", which is a statement that generalizes all gay men as being like that as well as being "disgusting".

If she had said "Black people are disgusting and will die of AIDS", it would be recognized as a racist statement attacking all black people even if she didn't use the word "all". There would be no weaseling out of it by saying she was only talking about black people who engage in risky sex.

If Hilton had meant to make a criticism of people who engage in risky sexual behavior, she should and would have said so. There are plenty of heterosexuals who engage in random unprotected sex too. But she didn't. She made statements that were homophobic and hurtful and frankly inexcusable.

14. IllusiveRannoch

in her own words: "that's hot".

15. Lewis

Sorry, but I don't know how saying 'That's disgusting' regarding anyone's lifestyle is redeemable. She's scum of the earth and the sooner she's off it, the better.

16. Witchcraft

Witchcraft Guest

If that was true then why did the taxi driver only record certain parts of her conversation and not all of it?

---------- Post added 21st Sep 2012 at 09:38 PM ----------

actually better yet where is the recording of her saying this? I want to hear what the taxi driver recorded and judge it myself, perhaps Im wrong perhaps Im not

17. Emberstone

if people are taking serious anything that comes out of her mouth (or any orfice of her body, for that matter), then 12-21-2012 cant come soon enough...

18. Tim

Tim

This.

In the context I assume it was meant in, I actually agree with what she said. >_>;

19. SkyDiver

:lol:

20. silkfrog1292

[​IMG]