1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

overly offended.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by th3wallflow3r, Sep 13, 2012.

1. dreamcatcher

I don't like the words dyke or homosexual.

2. HatterMad

I do get kind of upset with "That's so gay!". Kids say that all the time...and just what is it supposed to mean? I saw a tag once that said:

Whenever my friends say: "THAT'S SO GAY!" I respond with: "YEAH! I really LIKE IT TOO!"

lmao
    I'd say that, except in the world I live in that would prolly get ME in trouble instead of the kid who said the first remark.

I don't like fag/faggot, and find it even more offensive when it comes from someone who self-identifies....same with the "N" word with my friends of any other shade. I do NOT think that diffuses the word, I think it just blurs up the lines and makes it all worse as people who don't "get it" attempt to.

I also am weird about being queer. I don't know. It jsut seems wrong that....well some of the meanings of queer:
    "strange or odd from a conventional viewpoint; unusually different;"
    "of a questionable nature or character; suspicious; shady"
    "not feeling physically right or well; giddy, faint, or qualmish"
    "mentally unbalanced or deranged."
    "Slang: Disparaging and Offensive"
    "effeminate; unmanly."

All of the above don't seem to describe human beings to me. They seem like insults. I have been queer all my life, and now that I want to fit IN the term kind of just rubs me the wrong way. I am not strange or odd or shady or offensive or any of the above....I'm just me and I'm attracted to guys.

i think it wuold be nice if someday we had a world where these terms didn't matter and no one "came out", we just met someone and fell in love, and that was that.

I odn't like a lot of the racial slurs either. I don't give a crap what shade anyoen is, yo'ure jsut PEOPLE. I will like you or not based on your personality and how you treat me. I think when my mixed heritage friends refer to themselves as one or the other they are really shorting their own selves, becuase they something wholly unique and original and amazing. I think we should learn, know, and be comfortable with ALL our heritages and not be drawing those lines still.

3. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The power behind any word is the tone and intent with which it is said. Words alone are powerless without a voice to give them impetus and direction.

Negative words (like dyke, faggot, etc) can easily be used positively. Less negative words (gay, queer) can be used negatively.

4. im really hard to offend.
    if someone says something mean to me or calls me a dyke or whatever i dont get offened. im never going to see them again so i dont see why i should.

however if i get a rude remark/insult from a family member then i get offended...
    i only get offended by people saying things about how i look not about who i am or who i sleep with. im odd! :|

5. Lewis

It pisses me of when people refer to gay men as girls or half a man. I also hate it when people assume that because someone is gay, they are obsessed with anus' and feces - that is NOT that case. Feces repulses me as much as it would any other guy. What also offends me and baffles me is that straight men all assume we are attracted to them and that we are attracted to all men - definitely not the case.

So yeah, I'm not a girl, I don't like anus/shit and I'm not attracted to all (ugly) guys. Rant over.

6. itsjoanna

faggot. My brother and cousins use it all the time, and it just pisses me off. I've never been one to use words like that. It's like everyday, they have to use it.

7. AllyCat

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I don't like 'cisgendered'. If you want to be called transgendered, that's fine and I respect that. But I don't want to be called 'cis'. I guess the first couple of times I heard that was in a patronizing way so I got it in my head that it was a slur.

8. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    all it means is that your body gender reflects your self identity. It's not an epithet, nothing to be offended about

9. th3wallflow3r

Unfortunately a group on tumblr have used it as an offensive trm with "die cis scum" along with stereotyping allcisgendered people as hating transgender individuals.

10. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This comes back to what i said before, words have no power alone, it's the way people use them. And well, yeah good example, but that's separatist dickheads. They can only invent a new hate-word if you actually do take offence to it. Simply having a laugh robs it of all its power.

11. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Tumblr is the fucking worst. I hate 'social justice' bloggers. They're like regular net trolls, except they're serious. And really pleased with themselves about it.

12. armsoutfarther

That's why I stay out of the social justice part of Tumblr because they are insane, literally. It's ridiculous. They're being serious about it too.

13. RemyLeBeau

RemyLeBeau Guest

Lesbian and words that derive from it. I. HATE. THAT. WORD.

The other ones don't bother me if directed towards me.

Also, the "R" word. So insulting with my autistic bro and batshit crazy father.

14. AshenAngel

AshenAngel Guest

There's a difference from a joking/term of endearment and a serious insult. My friends and I constantly tease eachother, "oh you're such a fag, my little dyke" etc. But its pretty obvious when someone is trying to make you feel bad. I'm only bothered by the narrow-minded people who think it makes them look cool or something to go walk up to a member of your community and insult them to their face. Maybe it makes them feel better about themselves. I wouldn't know. :bang:it just pisses me off. And I've gotten into legitimate screaming matches with these people. Its kinda funny and suprising about just how much they think they know...

15. ottobot

I don't like using derogatory terms. I don't use the word dyke or faggot unless I'm quoting someone else. The only word I WILL NOT say is the n word. I hate that word with every fiber of my being.

16. Markio

This girl said I had a "hissy fit" when she put me down and I walked away. I had a right to leave the situation! Don't belittle my feelings by calling them a "hissy fit." I don't like that phrase.

Maybe it's not politically offensive, but it sure is dopey.

17. Bradley James

the 'c' word is used quite a bit by my friends, so much so that I start using it even though I hate it... but "faggot" really gets me going.

18. sunnii

Maybe I'm overly sensitive but I dont like the words fag poof etc. even if I did something "really gay" and they joked "your such a fag" I'd be pretty pissed off.

Hate "that's gay" too and I don't really like tv/films using homosexuality as a joke sometimes. Like there's a scene that Sherlock film where the 2 guys have to dance together and your supposed to laugh.

Am I just too sensitive?

19. patience

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    "Binar" or "binarist" *shivers* More than the term and what it implies, I'm offended by anyone in a minority insulting and belittling anyone else in that same minority. It's detrimental to the whole group.

20. J Snow

So what should cisgender people be called? Normal? So instead of calling heterosexual people straight we should just refer to them at normal too. Straight people can just be normal and gay people can be the weirdos. Their needs to be a word besides normal to refer to the non-trans population. Cis is not an offensive term.

Die cis scum is just a meme. I'm guilty of using it among trans people as a joke. Like for instance, when a cis girl tells me she deserves the front seat because she "has a vag" (her words) or when a friend tells me I should stand up at a bar so a "girl" can have my seat.

Its just a joke. If it makes you feel better I think ever demographic can be scum :grin:

Attached Files: