1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Jared, Sep 12, 2012.

1. squally89

I got a iPhone 3GS and every time I use an app while using my data/3G it shuts off. I would then have to press the power button multiple times to turn it back on again, although it has at least 70% power...Gah!

I love the days when I had a Sony Ericsson phone~

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to pay quite a bit right now. I'm getting it because I want to get out from my Blackberry Torch and not much point in getting the 4S when the 5's almost out. However dunno which service provider in Canada. Pretty much I'm with Rogers Wireless, they suck balls, so I'm trying to decide on Telus, Virgin Mobile, Bell, Koodo or Fido. For any of them except Fido, it'll cost $400 to get out of Rogers then of course $199 plus tax plus activation fee plus the plan. While Fido, which is owned by Rogers would be only $100. But again, I could still deal with the crap I dealt with with Rogers so then I'd have wasted $100...

3. IrishLad93

Haha yeah same here except for the iPad.

Im surprised at what else they could add, already pretty amazing that around 9 years ago we didnt even have iphones. Same here, theres definitely some things about Mac that confuse me even to this day, some things are just a little more complicated.

I think Ill update when the 5s comes around, ha, if I can wait that long

Wish I was going :eusa_snoo !

4. Jared

I entertained the idea of waiting for the 5S, that last for all of two seconds lol I caved in and preordered the iPhone 5 as soon as the preorders opened last night. The only thing I'm not looking forward to in LA is the traffic, growing up in a rural area has spoiled me, I never had to deal with traffic.

5. IrishLad93

Lol, I may be thinking along the same lines. Constant reminders of how annoying my iPhone is being! I heard people are waiting for up to a month to get their iPhone 5's because theres such back order.

Yeah I could imagine, if the traffic is anything like Miami's or NYC or any big city for that matter!. It was so frustrating when I was down there. The traffic was horrific! And every single traffic light in the city you had to literally wait 10 minutes, hah..being impatient, it was difficult.

Id be glad to get away from where I am now in an instant. Although im sure when the time comes for me to move ill be a little more than reluctant. :help:

6. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

Debating whether to get the iPhone 5, or just upgrade to a new Android. From what I hear, the new iPhone is already outclassed in the technical specs department by Android phones that are already out, like the Samsung Galaxy S III. Apple won their court case claiming the Samsungs are too much like the iPhone, but what does that say about the iPhone if competitors are able to make basically the same product cheaper and better...

But my current phone, an old Motorola Droid X, is basically non-functional right now. It's so slow I can't even pick up calls in time, so I need to decide quickly

Never had an iPhone, and Apple strikes me as a rather evil company, whereas Google is still a relatively open and positive company.

7. IrishLad93

Yeah Ive seen the new Samsung Galaxy S III's, they look really nice. Although before my iPhone I had the Samsung Galaxy S and I didnt like it when it came to downloading music onto it. It was so confusing, Idk if theyve changed that though. And when it came to quality it was a bit plasticky.

8. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

From what I've heard, the screens are much bigger on the Android phones. But then, even my old Droid has a bigger screen than the new iPhone.

I guess the main appeal of the iPhone is still style over substance though...the Samsung isn't quite as sexy I suppose...

9. kem

kem

Looks lovely, I love Apple's design. Don't know if I'd buy one though. When I get a new phone it would more likely be the Galaxy Note 2 because of the big screen and pen.

10. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just reserved my copy.

11. EM68

I ordered on on Friday. I use my phone all the time for work and use my phone as a mobile hotspot for my laptop when I'm in the field.

12. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm number 7491 with the Rogers network. Anyone know if that's a good or bad thing? lol

13. i dont get the hype with the new one.

it looks bigger like it wouldnt fit in my pocket. yeah slimmer is cool but it looks like it would be as big as my head. :frowning2:

14. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your head is...5 inches? Unless we're talking dick size...that means you have a pretty small head...

15. iamjrew

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I only got my 4s a few months ago, after finally abandoning the good ship BlackBerry (good riddance to its' shittyness). I'm still undecided on the 5, I shall need to see in about 8 months time, when I'm next in the market for a phone. Still, iOS6 looks gorgeous

16. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heh similar situation with Blackberry. I'll be switching though from Torch to 5 :grin:

17. Jared

iOS 6 is pretty cool, I've been using the beta since June and it is a solid OS and very slick. I'm not sure the iPhone 5 is good upgrade from the 4S, since I believe they get the same features in iOS 6, other than LTE and other hardware improvements.

18. sanath

sanath Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    i would rather stay with my samsung siii. since it is the better choice for me.

19. speedracing22

I ordered an iPhone 5. For me the LTE is a big plus since I tether it to my laptop.

For those who are looking to get one, you know you can always sell your old 4 or 4S on eBay. Last time when I got the 4S I had sold the 4 for almost $400 on eBay. That covered the upgrade cost and it ended up costing me nothing. That is what I am dong this time too.

They also have sites where you can trade it in, but eBay fetches the most money.

20. Night Rain

Hey my thoughts exactly! :grin:

I really doubt that the iPhone 5 will be better than the S3 hardware-wise, so it's even far behind the Note 2.

#40 Night Rain, Sep 17, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012