1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guild Wars 2 :)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Zaio, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Bosco

I'm on crystal desert :frowning2:
    Also... School is draining literally all of my time at the moment

2. Andane

Yeah, thanks to school starting up again, I haven't had much time. But I still like to play when I DO have time. And all the classes look interesting, but I gotta get enough gold to buy some more character slots ;_; But I agree, I didn't really like the Norns much. Maybe it's just cause I don't like the big, bulky kinds of characters, but I rerolled my guardian from a Norn to a Sylvari. I think they're cool xD Oh, and I'm on Darkhaven. If anybody else is, you should totally let me know :icon_bigg

3. Zaio

Zaio Guest

I love big bulky characters, it's the reason I love Charr so much. However I made my Guardian a norn due to the wolf elite, lifesteal with a tanky class is always great.

You should probably get an 80 Andane before you go about opening up more character slots, with MF gear it's quite easy to get around 2g and 10k karma an hour, so it really doesn't take long to farm up more character slots or desired gear.

If any of you are just starting out/have no friends/guild then drop me a message, it's still free to transfer servers at the moment, apparently it will cost something like 1800 gems when Anet have finished the ability to visit other servers, which will undoubtedly be full of buggs.

To all those who aren't 80, check out this clip I recorded of the Claw of Jormag crash Guild Wars 2 - Claw of Jormag epic crash - YouTube I'm surprised it's been 17 days and the first vid on my channel already has 1.8k views o.0 I guess people actually search for that scene then. Anyone know any other amazing clips like that to record? I would do Tequatl the Sunless but he's on either a 3 or 6 hour timer, and I don't have the time to wait there for that long, lol.

P.S I know my Charr's head got in the way a bit in that vid, but there isn't an option to go first person vision yet, so there isn't really a way around that.

4. lilbitlost

Oooh i didnt see this thread before! Im also playing, got a lvl50 ranger a 30 warr and a couple of other lowbies im on erm 'azure glade? azura glade?' some name like that lol!

5. Zanich

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My first time back to the site in a while, but this thread caught my eye. I've been playing non-stop since I got the game about 3 weeks ago. I have a level 80 Human Guardian and the game's still just as fun, if not more so, than when I got it. Been experimenting with the Mesmer a bit and that's pretty interesting as well. I'm on Anvil Rock.

6. DJT

DJT Guest

I'm a level 32 Sylvari Elementalist! I'm loving this game, there's so much to do :grin: I'm on "Fissure of Woe" (it's a European server) if anyone wants to come and join me :slight_smile:

7. Jonathan

I currently have a level 42 Sylvari Ranger and think the game is amazing thus far :slight_smile:
    (though I do kinda miss the aspect of 2nd classes and mixing/matching skill sets that was awesome in the original GW)

8. vyvance

Just hit 70 on my Human warrior the other day.

[​IMG]

9. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

I have thought long and hard about this game.

I have history in FFXI, vaguely recall some Everquest play though I was clueless, TERA, RIFT, Conan, various free to play, and yes WoW.

But since WoW (I started early on, during vanilla), I haven't been able to maintain an interest in MMOs. Honestly, I no longer like the pay to play model and I have some issue with the free to play model. A one time payment is a real big draw but seriously 8 skills at a time? And you down level to the area you're in? I don't know, other then playing Charr (okay I played a little original GWs), I'm not sure how it's all that exciting, or how you get that feeling of being uber powerful after some hard work leveling, crafting gear, and doing some dungeons.

I still want to try just not sure....why I should think it will be any different.

10. vyvance

You won't ever got that feeling, because that isn't what the game focuses on.

I hate games that focus on gear, like WoW, so GW2 is great for me. If you need that gear treadmill, I don't think you'll like it.

11. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

LOVING GW2! Played GW1 for the last 7 yrs.

Playing 8 characters at the same time right now.:eusa_clap

12. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

Maybe I could find this in a guide but then, what does it focus on? I am not saying the "gear grind" is all I am looking for. I enjoy many games for many reasons. But what does GW2 do so well I should try it?

13. vyvance

Really, I don't think the game has any outstanding feature. Just a lot of little things added together to make the game enjoyable. There are/were games I like(d) better, like pre-aby FFXI, but GW2 is enjoyable enough for the 60$ imo.

14. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

One feature that does attract me is the one time payment, I understand it basically has a cash shop function, but I hate that I have paid so much into so many MMOs and at the end of the day that money isn't here today to continue to provide me entertainment. If I ever want to play WoW again, for example (though it's my least favourite MMO I have tried), I would have to pay money again to pick it up. GW2 looks interesting enough to warrant 60 bucks...since I could leave it for 6 months and come back to it no charge.

Oh I don't know, I shall continue to remain undecided for now.

15. wildwolf935

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am so freaking ecstatic to find fellow GW lovers on here!!! Unfortunately I have not yet been able to purchase GW2, but when I do, I am going to Blackgate Server as that is where my guild from GW went, and I am nothing if not a loyal guildie!!!! After reading all your posts I am even more eager, if that is possible, to purchase GW2! I already know though, that my first character will be a Human Warrior, just so I can bring my chick over from GW, then I will start exploring and trying other races and classes. CAN"T WAIT!!!

16. Rachyl

Rachyl Guest

Guild Wars 2 is SO worth the money. I have a blast playing it every chance I get

17. wildwolf935

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I luckily just landed a job at an electronics place, Discounts FTW!

18. Sherri

And for updates!

I'm playing on Borlis Pass. I've now got a level 60ish Sylvari Mesmer, and a level 30 Sylvari Ranger. I'm still liking the game, though I'm not liking the guild model or the free to play aspect of it. Seriously, 30 bank spots between all 5 of your characters, and the only way to get more is to get gems? I'd honestly rather have it be a pay to play model like WoW is so that I could pay $15 per month and not have to worry about stupid stuff like not enough character slots to even make one of every class and buying more bank spots.

As for the guild thing, at first I thought it was pretty cool that you could swap between 3 guilds and not have to be stuck with one, but I'm having a hard time finding a guild where anybody is actually representing and not just in it as a placeholder.

19. Jonathan

I'm still missing the build-set aspect set of it. What made the original Guild Wars so much fun was mixing and matching classes and choosing skills that you think would work amazing from both. I'm kind of bummed that basically half my skills are set in stone with not much I can do about it.

20. Gwen Yeh

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Chiming in so that people know I am also in GW2. Isle of Janthir server. Would totally love to play with anyone who wants to. :slight_smile: