straight guy in gay clubs?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kylegf2011, Sep 4, 2012.

1. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Do you think a straight guy would actually enjoy going to gay clubs alot? And that on top of that he says they are the best type of clubs in the world? Are there really alot of straight girls that go to gay clubs to hook up with??

I´ve never been to one so I don´t know.... but can a guy that does all this really be completley straight?? its really killing me :confused:

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is it possible that a straight guy likes going to gay clubs? Definitely. Back in college, even the jocks and frat guys knew that the best parties on campus were thrown by the gay student union. And I have a few straight friends that always end up going to gay clubs when out and about, and yeah, I'm pretty sure they're straight. :slight_smile:

But I guess the real question is "Is my friend gay?" And my answer is "when a guy says he's straight, believe him." Because either he's straight, or he's so far closeted he isn't interested in coming out. And if he's freely going to gay clubs, I'm guessing that second option is unbelievably unlikely. (Most heavily-closeted guys do their utmost to do nothing that could ever be construed as "being gay".)

Lex

3. bob94

He could just be really open-minded and comfortable with his sexuality. But he may be bi-curious, you never know. A lot of girls do go to gay clubs, so he may just think it's a hotspot for picking up girls.

4. kylegf2011

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    yes that´s what he says :dry:

5. Thewitt

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Straight guys at a gay club from my experience is that they are not up to no good. Every time I go there with my girls they always hit on them. They think there smart because not a lot of straight guys would go to a gay club. What they do not realize is that girls go there because they do not want to deal with straight guys. Luckily they have me and I will stop a straight dude in a second when they bother my girls.

6. IanGallagher

Girls don't expect guys to hit on them at gay clubs, so they don't have their defenses up. From what I've heard it's more easier to hit on girls there or approach them because you will be one of the few guys in there who actually likes them likes them. Spoken as a bi dude who's thought about hitting up a LGBT establishment to scope out the chicks, lol.

7. Ianthe

When straight girls go to gay clubs, they do it expressly because they don't want to be hit on. That's, like, the entire reason that they are at a gay club. Why do men have to be such jackasses, and start hitting on them when they have gone to such lengths to avoid it?

As a lesbian who is often (always) perceived as straight and would even more significantly prefer not to be hit on by men in LGBT spaces--seriously, why?

8. IanGallagher

^ Because men, or a lot of us, are driven by our cock lol. And that means always trying to think up new games to play to get a head. Spelling pun intended.

9. runallday4

runallday4 Guest

From my experience, a lot of "straight guys who just want to help" are still in the closet. This sounds really bad, and like there are no straight guys who actually just want to help purely for the benefit of others, but sadly, there aren't many.

10. mark

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think so. In my experience, gay clubs are way better than straight clubs.

If he says he likes it, believe him. Did he seem like he's trying to hide something? If not, then I wouldn't put too much thought into it. If anything, now you have a guy friend to go out clubbing with.

11. GlindaRose

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah. Ironically enough I met the guy I lost my virginity to in a gay club. I couldn't believe it. I was like, 'Of all the guys in th club I just happened to pick up the one straight one?!?!'