Opinions on plastic surgery

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Bree, Aug 22, 2012.

?

What do you think about cosmetic surgery?

1. Absolutely wrong.

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  2. Absolutely wrong, unless there's some kind of serious defect to correct.

18 vote(s)
    15.3%
  3. Not sure how I feel about it.

13 vote(s)
    11.0%
  4. Would consider it/have gotten it, but would feel ashamed.

8 vote(s)
    6.8%
  5. Don't have any problem with it.

41 vote(s)
    34.7%
  6. Would/have gotten it, not ashamed.

21 vote(s)
    17.8%
  7. Other.

14 vote(s)
    11.9%
  1. mindthegap

I don't mind it at all. Well, having done your whole face may be too much, but having a surgery if it should help somebody with low self-esteem isn't bad.

2. MisterTinkles

There is a huge difference between just getting the wrinkles, age spots, fat, and extra skin removed or adjusted.........and completely altering your looks to a completely different person.

There is also a huge difference in correcting some things that nature has seen to give too much of, or too little of......and drastically over-emphasizing and changing what you have.

If a woman has huge boobs, and they weigh her down, and she has trouble breathing, and has back pain daily......then plastic surgery on her breasts will greatly reduce the risks of her dying earlier in her life, as well as developing a lot of health complications later on.

A man who has no ass, sits on his tail bone all the time, is bound to develop major back problems, as well as possible bone spurs and other conditions. Having plastic surgery to implant an ass, will give him something to sit on, keep his tailbone from danger, and help keep his back out of pain.

Someone whose family has a history of skin conditions can have certain plastic surgeries to improve their skin and help keep it from developing certain conditions later on in life.

Most people don't get plastic surgery to look like Barbie, or change themselves to someone completely different........they have it to fix what can go wrong, what has gone wrong, or what potentially may be a hindrance to them in the future. In other words, preventative medicine.

I also find it extremely hysterical that a lot of people say "it's wrong, but....."
    That is one of the most hypocritical statements anyone can ever make.

#82 MisterTinkles, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  3. Gandee

Gandee Guest

Well, people here have already covered my point pretty much...
    I would like to add, when you criticize cosmetic surgery and say it's wrong, you are also practically shaming people who opt for surgeries to improve their appearance. It is just as bad, if not worse, calling someone ugly. Plus, the cases where people alter their faces completely are often glorified by media and thus getting more intention. I believe the majority is not as extreme.

4. starlights

Out Status:
    A few people
    No plastic surgery, no tattoos. I plan to stay that way too.

5. Noel Luca

I wouldn't personally have plastic surgery unless I had a bad physical defect, or had really bad dysphoria about my face, but when it comes down to it it's a personal choice.

6. tscott

I've never had plastic surgery, but I'm okay with it if it makes the person feel better about themselves. Surely there are abuses Jackson or Versace, but they're the extreme.

7. the haunted

I haven't had plastic surgery yet, but I plan on getting a labiaplasty in the near future.

8. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    LOL. Please don't be (in love with my post)! I was only writing to give my opinion and to inform. Plastic surgery is not like going for a haircut. Because I grew up in a large city, I either personally or anecdotally know of a lot of people who have had procedures.

Rule # 1: be safe and be a prudent consumer.